ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun, freedom of working hours.
Commercial Security Advisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 20, 2015
Proud to promote ADT brand and solutions
Work environment like an entrepreneur, build client base then cultivate success.
Freedom of working hours, this comes with responsibilities though.
Nice Place.
Small Business Sales Rep (Current Employee), North & Southern OntarioFebruary 15, 2015
Good people. Just hard to start here fresh.
Learned Security
Good guys at top.
1-2 Leads per 2 weeks
Traveling is great. But Not enough money to live on.
Great Customers and help them identify their needs
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business by promoting the institution's products and services at every possible opportunity etc...
Soul Crushing Call Center Grind
Call center, dispatch and tech support. (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: unpaid lunch. mechanical noise in break room. no shift rotation.
* Long hours, little reward for higher performers.

* Extremely harsh sick day policy, coupled with dirty shared work stations and a cramped open concept office.

*Management treats workers with contempt and as an expendable commodity.

*Hardest part of the job is dealing with management, they set constantly shifting goalposts and have often unreasonable expectations.

*Hard to get to know co-workers due to 50% or greater annual turn-over. There are bullies and management favorites that don't have to work as hard and are often off doing unnecessary fringe tasks, chatting or just idling, while the less favored staff pick up their slack.

Save yourself a headache and work somewhere that values their workforce. This place is a meat-grinder.
Positive and engaging work environment
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 23, 2014
The line of work is very important because we protect our customers and their properties. The work environment is always very positive and the management is very supportive and always willing to help.
Working from a queue, measured on stats
Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2014
Pros: pizza lunches from time to time
Cons: bad hours, no option for career advancement
While working as a dispatcher for ADT there was no interest in having me trouble shoot issues over the phone that could have lessoned the amount of actual required service visits, they only wanted to get appointments booked, charges confirmed, and the customer off the phone as quickly as possible.

During my year employment I felt more like a robot than a contributing employee.
Toxic culture with terrible, unprofessional management
Administrative Processor II (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2014
Pros: leaving there is awesome
Cons: everything
Pay is below average, benefits are okay/ standard

Management is paid well and completely out of touch with employees

Inappropriate relationships between management and staff, specifically in Admin department

Frequent workplace bullying

High turnover in Admin (5 people on a staff of 7 were fired this year)

Zero chance for advancement and there is one barely noticeable raise per year, and only one person on the team gets it.
Very good place to work
Alarm Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2014
Pros: being able to work as a team
Cons: none at this time
very busy pace -
installations and service.
worked as a team -
having to climb ladders outdoors in the winter.
working as a team and communicating with customers on a regular basis.
Poor management
Install and Service Technician (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: my co-worker was amazing, incredible work ethic
Cons: poor management
The hardest part was dealing with the disorganization and constant discrepancies in timesheets
Emergency Dispatch Operator and Inbound Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2014
*respond to emergency situations
*customers vary
*management of the company is up to its standards
*colleagues and the environment is conducive for work
*hardest part is dealing with certain types of people
*job itself
Fast pace and productive environment
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 28, 2014
Fast pace environmentm, high call volume, typically the same expectations on a day to day basis. Proffesional and friendly staff, great company.
worst experience ever
customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 28, 2014
Pros: only thr benefits
Cons: everything else
the worst I've ever been treated by an employer
1. they play favourites
2. nothing not even 0.1% of the day and night work that's done is appreciated
3. the pay is only a small portion of what is deserved
4. too many expectations eg. calls are marked every week and they time how long your off on a break for example if you're late 2 minutes on a 15 minute break that's a disaster
5. your requests are NEVER taken inyo consideration
6. team managers only card about their own bonus
7. the atmosphere is depressing
8. routine work its like slavery
9. no incentives whatsoever
10. managers up your a** throughout your whole shift
oh yea no holidays off
the list can ho on and on
Fun environment
Administration Processor (Current Employee), calgaryMarch 8, 2014
Pros: flexible and understanding, will understand problems
Cons: no growth unless someone leaves
Management is very nice and down to earth. Treat staff like equals. A lot of the staff have been there long term.
Productive days made for fast work days
Alarm Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
Pros: overtime was available
Cons: early mornings
Typical day started at 6:00am and ended at 2:00pm
I learned proper phone etiquette, how to communicate effectively with customers and emergency dispatchers.
The management was inconsistent.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was the start time of 6:00am
The most enjoyable part was being paid weekly and the days went by very fast.
NON PRODUCTIVE COMPANY
SALES (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free coffee at office
Cons: long hours and louzy wages
TYPICAL DAY WOULD START WITH A SALES MANAGEMENT CALL THAT TOOK 30 MINUTES DAILY. WE THEN WOULD GO TO OUR FIRST APPOINTMENT OR IF THERE WAS NON WE WOULD HAVE THE CHOICE TO GO DOOR KNOCKING AND HANGING FLYERS OR MAKE COLD CALLS FROM LEADS THAT WERE NOT QUALIFIED.
Hard job with great trainers
Alarm Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: being able to sit and work.
Cons: long days.
ADT is a strict company that expects a lot out of their employees. They have a fantastic training class and help you every step of the way. Only tough part is being on time. If you clock in even 1 minute late you get written up. Three of those in one year leads to termination, which is why their turn-over rate is so high.
Basically, answering calls and contacting the correct authorities for the situation.
Didn't have much time to get to know other employees as they were all handling their own alarms.
x
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
It won't be far off if you read my Tyco review. I was more responsible for field and product issues in my early stages of this position and that progressed to finding new product to replace 'old' product and/or to source products to provide solutions to Customers, which included Sales, Service and Installation teams. This is where reviewing new products came in and in preparing reports for pros/cons etc... Still my focus was on Customer satisfaction, providing timely solutions, products, problem solving etc ... and of course staying the course, the "whatever it takes to get the job done approach". we were extremely busy. Great people to work with over the years and although I worked independently on many projects during my years, many occassion involved teamwork, and those I always enjoyed and looked forward to. A great opportunity to share ideas and thoughts with other associates.
Good secure office job
Data Coordinator (Former Employee), calgary, ABAugust 2, 2013
Good work environment, however you are at a computer most of the day. Made good friends with the people I worked with.
Flexible Schedule and Fun Environement
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee), Montreal QuebecJuly 2, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: commision only
ADT is a great place to grow and learn how to sell face to face with small business.
successful, fast-paced, growing company
Inbound & Outbound Customer Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2013
ADT is always looking for bright enthusiastic people to grow with us. Next to our customers, employees are ADT's most valuable assets. We hire quality people and provide them with an environment in which to grow. By providing career advancement, incentives, education and training programs, ADT has one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry.

With an intense focus on our commercial and residential customers' needs, ADT is quickly expanding its market share. To support this growth, we are looking for highly motivated, technically skilled, customer-focused individuals who want to be part of a winning team.

Local managers have great flexibility to grow their markets within broad guidelines. As a result, ADT associates enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture. Positive results are rewarded with generous incentive plans. The headquarters staff provides marketing and financial support, human resource programs, and a sophisticated technology infrastructure.

About ADT Security Services

For more than a century, ADT has been one of today’s most trusted, well known brands in the industry. Today, we serve more – Read more

ADT Security Services Photos