ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management
Install and Service Technician (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: my co-worker was amazing, incredible work ethic
Cons: poor management
The hardest part was dealing with the disorganization and constant discrepancies in timesheets
Emergency Dispatch Operator and Inbound Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2014
*respond to emergency situations
*customers vary
*management of the company is up to its standards
*colleagues and the environment is conducive for work
*hardest part is dealing with certain types of people
*job itself
Fast pace and productive environment
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 28, 2014
Fast pace environmentm, high call volume, typically the same expectations on a day to day basis. Proffesional and friendly staff, great company.
Fun environment
Administration Processor (Current Employee), calgaryMarch 8, 2014
Pros: flexible and understanding, will understand problems
Cons: no growth unless someone leaves
Management is very nice and down to earth. Treat staff like equals. A lot of the staff have been there long term.
Productive days made for fast work days
Alarm Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2014
Pros: overtime was available
Cons: early mornings
Typical day started at 6:00am and ended at 2:00pm
I learned proper phone etiquette, how to communicate effectively with customers and emergency dispatchers.
The management was inconsistent.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was the start time of 6:00am
The most enjoyable part was being paid weekly and the days went by – more... very fast. – less
NON PRODUCTIVE COMPANY
SALES (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free coffee at office
Cons: long hours and louzy wages
TYPICAL DAY WOULD START WITH A SALES MANAGEMENT CALL THAT TOOK 30 MINUTES DAILY. WE THEN WOULD GO TO OUR FIRST APPOINTMENT OR IF THERE WAS NON WE WOULD HAVE THE CHOICE TO GO DOOR KNOCKING AND HANGING FLYERS OR MAKE COLD CALLS FROM LEADS THAT WERE NOT QUALIFIED.
Hard job with great trainers
Alarm Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: being able to sit and work.
Cons: long days.
ADT is a strict company that expects a lot out of their employees. They have a fantastic training class and help you every step of the way. Only tough part is being on time. If you clock in even 1 minute late you get written up. Three of those in one year leads to termination, which is why their turn-over rate is so high.
Basically, answering calls – more... and contacting the correct authorities for the situation.
Didn't have much time to get to know other employees as they were all handling their own alarms. – less
x
Senior Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
It won't be far off if you read my Tyco review. I was more responsible for field and product issues in my early stages of this position and that progressed to finding new product to replace 'old' product and/or to source products to provide solutions to Customers, which included Sales, Service and Installation teams. This is where reviewing new products – more... came in and in preparing reports for pros/cons etc... Still my focus was on Customer satisfaction, providing timely solutions, products, problem solving etc ... and of course staying the course, the "whatever it takes to get the job done approach". we were extremely busy. Great people to work with over the years and although I worked independently on many projects during my years, many occassion involved teamwork, and those I always enjoyed and looked forward to. A great opportunity to share ideas and thoughts with other associates. – less
Good secure office job
Data Coordinator (Former Employee), calgary, ABAugust 2, 2013
Good work environment, however you are at a computer most of the day. Made good friends with the people I worked with.
Flexible Schedule and Fun Environement
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee), Montreal QuebecJuly 2, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: commision only
ADT is a great place to grow and learn how to sell face to face with small business.
successful, fast-paced, growing company
Inbound & Outbound Customer Services (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2013
ADT is always looking for bright enthusiastic people to grow with us. Next to our customers, employees are ADT's most valuable assets. We hire quality people and provide them with an environment in which to grow. By providing career advancement, incentives, education and training programs, ADT has one of the highest employee retention rates in the industry.

With – more... an intense focus on our commercial and residential customers' needs, ADT is quickly expanding its market share. To support this growth, we are looking for highly motivated, technically skilled, customer-focused individuals who want to be part of a winning team.

Local managers have great flexibility to grow their markets within broad guidelines. As a result, ADT associates enjoy a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture. Positive results are rewarded with generous incentive plans. The headquarters staff provides marketing and financial support, human resource programs, and a sophisticated technology infrastructure. – less
Great company.
Admin Processor III (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 5, 2013
This is a great place to work, they have good morals and people who work for them. they also have a great customer based support system.
my department was very busy, always busy never any down time, just like i like it.
Great people and great benefits
Team Leader/ Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: great benefits, awesome people to work for.
Cons: job has increased in work duties providing no increase in pay.
I provide support for staff and technicians as well as customer service.
I sort mail/emails for updating accounts.
Provide training to new exciting employees.
Provide support for technicians for the installations of alarms.
The best part of the day is providing support to customers/technicians and employees, it gives me great satisfaction.
The hardest – more... part of the day is providing technical support and the systems are faulting and the technician has to go back to the customers house to install a new system. – less
Meh
Emergency Dispatch Operator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2013
It was okay. A lot going good for the company but a lot of negatives. I overall enjoyed my time at ADT. Kind of a lousy company.
fair work place
Security Guard (Current Employee), torrance, caNovember 13, 2012
Pros: being outside
Cons: job too far with unfair pay rates & lots of unfair rules regarding employees
days are fair but the distance is on your mind throughout the day.
you learn that a lot of cool people can be very rude but for the most part you meet lots of cool people
very top heavy
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 12, 2012
Pros: great parking spot for hockey games!
Cons: brutal management
too many chiefs and not enough indians! More focused on personal gain rather then team spirit and get it done attitude! Motto is "COVER YOUR BUTT! They would rather lose an account then service it properly.
Great, energetic work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 12, 2014
Pros: working to help people protect their homes and families
Cons: working in the heat
I loved working for ADT and enjoyed my days with my fellow employees very much. ADT provides many transfer and advancement opportunities.
Great people to learn and work with
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Lindon, UTJuly 10, 2014
Company has thrown many changes giving opportunity to learn and obtain experience. The people I work with are amazing, and have helped me grow and learn in areas that I was missing.
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 9, 2014
always there is opportunity to grow
always there is opportunity to growalways there is opportunity to grow
All Around Amazing Career
Emergency Dispatch Operator (EDO) (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere, benefits, employee oriented
I am not exaggerating with my 5 star review on all categories with ADT. I absolutely LOVED my job with the company and THE ONLY reason I do not work there anymore is because I moved to California and unfortunately they do not offer my position I held in this state. I do plan on returning home, to Tennessee, one day and I will reapply. I adored my job – more... at ADT Security. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About ADT Security Services

Tyco ties together its two top territories of fire protection and security. Its Tyco Integrated Security segment provides security – Read more

ADT Security Services Photos