ADT Security Services Employee Reviews

A nice company with huge potential
Account Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2017
The good things
Great culture, people and remuneration structure that clearly outlines your objectives to be met. These are followed up with progress updates to keep you focused and on track. I was promoted twice in 3 years.
The challenges
Restructure causing a lot of knowledge and experience to leave the business. My redundancy came based off an interview rather than the consideration of the past 1/2 years hard work and effort. The person who remained between our combined roles has since left and my professional life hasn't been the same.
Stay away- horrible gong show
sales (Former Employee) –  Anonymous13 November 2017
Biggest alarm company but way too many changes to the point where no one knows what is going on. New hires aren’t trained and the overall morale is the lowest I’ve seen in any company. It’s unfortunate that management only cares about bringing in new business and then customers can’t get service after the sale. Installers aren’t trained properly and have constant issues. The company is in utter chaos
Magnificent training
Small Business sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga8 November 2017
Great team work environment.
Excellent training program.
Typically on the road all day, but they have shared workspace in the office for us roadrunners.
Great industry, constant restructuring
Management (Former Employee) –  QC7 November 2017
Work hours are flexible but requires more then 40hrs a week to be productive and effective.The hardest part is the turnover and the constant restructuring.The staff is great and the industry is very dynamic.
Pros
Great people and industry
Cons
restructuring and turnover
Fun. dynamic work environment
Apprentice Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 October 2017
ADT is a great company to work for. They have good pay and great benefits. A typical day at work is either upgrading or installing a completely new security system for residential customers. I enjoyed learning about the different security systems especially the home automation end of things.
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
slow time with a lack of work
ok place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
there work culture was ok nothing exceptional about working at adt but it was a decent experience. cant say i would not recommend them as a place to work
Benefits are great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
For the overall job its a great environment to work at, the pay is horrible.
A typical day is a lot of driving and just as many phone calls, the hardest part of my job was managerment
If you like to be used and abused
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 October 2017
I only worked under one good manager, all the rest were selfish and self-serving.
There is no stability with constant restructuring.
There is no balance to the workload, you are expected to be a top performer with little training or management support.
Departments are poorly structured and the culture mostly passes the buck and a revolving door of new people coming in and the senior staff quitting.
Employee morale is at an all-time low.
Multiple Labour board complaints have been launched by current and former employees
Pros
Cons
poor management, unreasonable expectations, high cost of benefits, lower than average earnings for required workload
Adt review. Great company to work for
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 October 2017
Great company to work for. Management take the time to help you excell. Awesome and motivating company atmosphere. Highly Recommend to work for this company.
This was a good job experience
Installation Coordinator and Service (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC27 September 2017
I learned a lot about myself working at this company. Many of their employees have been there a long time and some are set in their ways, besides that most of the directors and staff were extremely pleasant to work with. I was a contract employee at the time and I loved the policies and procedures at ADT and in my opinion this place taught me what my experience and capacities are in the corporate world. I will forever be eternally grateful for this part/experience in my life.
Pros
Very good teachers, easy traning and most of the time a great environment to work in
Cons
Meet ressistance when implimenting change...
Behind by 5 years
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 September 2017
My industry experience 15 years
ADT experience 1 year
Equipment is 5 years out of date
Skill level of ADT technicians is beginner level
Company focuses on fast cash for investors not what is best for the long term customer
Killed their reputation with outdated equipment and poor service. Purchased Protectron who were up to date with good service but operate with the same outdated skills and mindset
Spoken to others and it is the same throughout
Pros
Large company
Cons
no skill set, over priced, outdated equipment, long wait times
A cool place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
I have learnt the importance of a team work. Although this job is not related to my education even though I have learnt a lot. Meeting customer and deal with them are of the best experiences I have ever made.
Pros
Good commission
Cons
No smoking zone ;)
ok workplace
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 September 2017
Good Working Environment
Good for building technical skills
The salary is ok
Convenient location, near the subway, lots of nearby stores and restaurants
environnement de travail dynamique
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2017
entreprise grande et très motivante pour se surpasser
Very good company to work for
Territory Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
The company overall was a good experience. Not much room for advancement but the training was great and the people were very welcoming and made me feel comfortable.
Fun place to work
SME CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON10 September 2017
It is a good place to work. The company lets you decided your work hours and your evaluation is done by the achievement of results. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Flexible workhours
Cons
Advancement can be slow
Fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Nice people to work with and nice environment. Flexible with your schedule however, lack of communication between departments. Overall, good place to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of communication
Agreable environement de travail
Conseiller aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC4 August 2017
Excellent lieu de travail avec un environement agreable
Productive work environment easy to thrive
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC31 July 2017
It allows anyone with high work ethic to flourish. All of the higher up's are very open and are not disconnected from our day to day task. There is an open door policy with our main director which anyone from the telemarketers to the actual dealers are able to access him easily.
Unstable future with no communication from management
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2017
It is an unstable organisation at this time with a complete disconnect between upper management down to field techs and CSRs.

Currently there is almost no job security with departments closing and being replaced with companies/agencies not owned by ADT itself causing more confusion and frustration. A recent acquisition has all staff lost on who exactly is running the show, ADT or the company they acquired.

There is little to no communication from management of policy changes until the day before or day of and then these policies may change within a week or month depending on how poorly they were implemented in the first place without notifying all staff clearly what is occurring or even if they are still in effect.

It could be a great place with better upper management leadership
but at this time stay far away. It's not clear what staff will be laid off next, the depts has low morale due to being overworked, client's are frustrated due to organizational changes and pricing, and management at this time does not even seem to notice.
Pros
two fridges in the staff area but I'm struggling to find more.
Cons
low morale, overworked staff, no job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADT Security Services. Our community is ready to answer.