Adler University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Dedicated staff, changing leadership
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago,il17 January 2017
Staff and faculty are dedicated to the key, underlying theme of Adler: social justice. Leadership is distant and there is a lack of communication between staff and faculty, making work difficult at times.
Very relaxed environment
Business Object Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 July 2016
Adler University is a very relaxed and organized placed to work for. It's a small institute and hence tightly knit community. The projects and task are well defined and it's easy reach business clients and stakeholders. Adler University cares for professional development of it's employee and goes above and beyond to work with the staff.
Pros
Work from home option.
Cons
Not the best 403b options
A Very Different Learning Experience For Me
Executive Assistant, Office of the President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 April 2015
My tasks change on a daily basis. I am heavily involved in event planning for the Office of the President and the Board of Trustees. I am also the point-person for the Office of the President and deliver exceptional customer service.

I've learned to communicate and build relationships with individuals within all levels of the organization. I have also learned about the different departments of a Higher Education institute that I was unaware of in the past, and I have also learned how valuable online education is to expanding the growth of a university.

Our Leadership Team is a group of nine individuals that all have their own direct reports. Because of the respect and mindfulness of one another, the institution has steadily expanded over the past year and a half that I have been here. They are on track to build a new campus in Vancouver.

My co-workers are very hardworking and extremely helpful. I have learned most from my director who has always made a comfortable environment around the office. In the time I have been here, only one out of eight Executive Assistants has gone his separate way (on good terms). My co-workers have a very positive attitude daily regardless of any issues that may come up.

When I began, the most difficult part of the job was learning the various Boards the President's involved in. Aside from our Board of Trustees, he is a member of 10 other Boards. In the beginning, it was difficult balancing his schedule and even learning what each Board was about. The most enjoyable part of my job is the positive culture in the office. Although times
  more... may get stressful, the environment in our office makes those difficult times much more manageable.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adler University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3