Position: HR Analyst I
The HR Analyst will need to specialize in Payroll Operations and will be reporting
to the Senior Manager, Payroll and Accounting HRBSD in Toronto and London,
the Payroll Operations Specialist oversees the day to day management and
leadership of the Payroll Team in Toronto and London in various capacities
which include the overall day to day payroll processing, accounting,
investigations, Expat, Directors and year end functions for a biweekly, and
monthly active payrolls, as well as a monthly pension payroll. This position is
responsible for managing, coaching and leading the team and ensuring all
HRBSD deliverables meet SLA measures and expectations.
- The key responsibility of the Payroll Operations Specialist role is to act as the
subject matter expert on payroll issues, including but not limited to systems,
processes, tax filings, legislative changes, external regulatory bodies and special
- The Payroll Operations Specialist will be responsible for creating a Service
Model between the HR Services Payroll & Accounting team and the HR
Operations Resolution Management Team, allowing for a single point of contact
for inquiries and escalations related to the processing of all Canadian pays and
any special tasks/functions. Beginning in 2012, this will also include overseeing
any Director’s payrolls.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for managing and participating in both
internal and external audits, and act as the primary relationship point of contact
between both external government bodies and internal FCO audits. This
responsibility will involve partnering and coordinating with various areas of the
Bank, to obtain the required information for the completion of audits.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Payroll Manager Certification (CPM)
- Minimum 5 years of payroll processing and YE filing experience
- Strong PeopleSoft knowledge
- Primary Relationship Manager for HR Business Solution and Payroll &
Accounting, responsible for ensuring ongoing communications, regular touch
points and strong partnerships on joint work efforts.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all inquires and escalations related to
Canadian payroll payments (i.e. biweekly pay, bonus payments, equity
payments, tax slips inquires, tax slip amendments, etc), working in partnership
with the Team Managers to appropriately delegate or assign tasks to ensure
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the PeopleSoft HR/Payroll data,
including any tests or validations as required.
- Review all Payroll Accounting year end payroll data to ensure they are
recorded and processed accurately
- Primary delegate with appropriate signing authority, for all payroll sign-off and
- Review and update all legislative changes as required
- Act as a Payroll SME on payroll related projects * Manage all Year End Team
activities which includes monthly balancing of
government filings, the review of tax remittances as required, the creation and
distribution of IRS tax slips and the managing of all government filings and
- Manage all external and internal audits relationships (i.e. CRA, Revenue
Quebec, provincial governments, SOX audits, FCO audits, etc.), and coordinate
the gathering of all documents required for audits
- Recommend & implement changes to current processes in order to gain
efficiencies and accuracy.
- Strong people management experience through developing employees and
creating an atmosphere of positive teamwork.
- Experience in Multi- Province payroll environment
- High degree of expertise and knowledge in the handling of EXPATS issues.
- Strong knowledge of excel a must.
- A sound knowledge of PeopleSoft as well as the principals of Resolution
Management, and the principals of the Data Integrity Reconciliation
- A strong knowledge of Payroll accounting and ledger procedures
- Experience with PeopleSoft from a payroll perspective
- Payroll legislation
- People managing experience
- Expat experience
- Given the scope of the position and its accountabilities, this role requires a
strong level of experience dealing with Canadian Payroll functions, as well as indepth knowledge of payroll systems, government legislation, payroll tax fillings and audit/control requirements.
- The incumbent will also possess strong analytical abilities, and demonstrated abilities to build and strengthen relationships with key partners, both internal and external.