Reporting to the Recruitment Manager - Corporate, the incumbent is responsible for the full recruitment cycle of positions within the corporate sector but not limited to the various actuarial, underwriting and risk teams across the various offices in Canada.
The incumbent will partner with Hiring Managers from various groups to identify the recruitment strategy based on business needs and provide recruitment advice and support throughout the process. The incumbent will also ensure consistency of recruitment practices and build strong client relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the delivery of top talent to meet business needs including supporting diversity recruitment initiatives
- Lead a range of recruitment activities and assignments with consideration given to diversity goals
- Independently deliver assigned initiatives, ensuring business requirements are defined and met
- Provide day to day recruiting support for assigned businesses under minimal management guidance
- Provide guidance and oversight to other team members, including the National Recruitment Coordinator
- Manage the recruitment process end to end for assigned business and region
- Provide local market support to national programs
- Develop and maintain beneficial relationships with external recruiting sources such as universities & colleges, placement agencies and community partners
- * Participate and/or organize “career fairs”
- Monitor and track new hires and all recruitment sourcing related activities
- Independently handles and prioritizes incoming Recruitment issues/items
- Performs diverse range of tasks that may be complex or higher risk
- Observe and report regional labour and market trend
- Consult/coach hiring managers regarding recruitment best practices
- Participate in face to face interviews with hiring managers, when applicable
- Provide regular vacancy status updates to internal clients
- Manage recruitment inquiries and requests from multiple business partners
- Proactively builds a pipeline of candidates through actively networking in the region
- Partner closely with HR Partners to support business goals/objectives
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, business administration or commerce or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience as a recruitment consultant managing the full recruitment cycle for intermediate to senior level vacancies within a corporate environment.
- Insurance specific experience is mandatory.
- Advanced knowledge of Recruitment and Diversity concepts, principles, terminology and procedures
- Strong knowledge and experience of online recruitment tools and social medias platforms
- Ability to take an innovative approach to recruitment
- Experience in developing and executing diverse recruitment strategies and in promoting employer brand to attract active and passive candidates
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with HR and business partners at all levels.
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to quickly understand business requirements and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of labour and employment market trends for their assigned region
- Strong knowledge and experience of recruitment assessment tools and of behavioural interview techniques
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple ongoing/overlapping priorities
- Results oriented with the ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and networking abilities including a broad network of community/vendor contacts
- Strong computer and internet navigation skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to exercise discretion and work autonomously
- Advance knowledge of LinkedIn recruitment tools is mandatory
- Bilingual French/English both verbal and written, is a strong asset
- Previous experience using a candidate ATS (Applicant Tracking System) such as Taleo, NJoyn, Kenexa, an asset
- CHRP designation, an asset
- Both corporate and agency recruitment experience, an asset