Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
What you see is never what you get
iTunes Store Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 1, 2013
Pros: if you are outgoing you can make some decent friends, fairly relaxed office environment that is decently maintained, online schedule management and trade board, most of the year you get full time hours, itunes side is much more relaxed, metrics are attainable.
Cons: management, enforcement of rules is based entirely on your popularity, things such as metrics schedule hours change constantly, don't expect that what you have is set for any longer than a few months, not the greatest schedule for those with children
Unfortunately, it is a contact center. Therefore, you must be prepared for the constant changes associated with such an environment. As far as contact centers go, this is probably one of the better ones, as typical work days are relaxed, in a fairly well kept office environment. There are some times you would wonder if they even hired a cleaning staff, – more... but I don't think that has to do with the company itself, more so the management choices (hiring a proper cleaning company) - which leads to the biggest downfall of this organization (at least, the Niagara Falls site). Having been an employee of this company who was well liked by both coworkers and management, I can honestly say I've never worked among a bigger bunch of high school minded clowns in my entire life. They are constantly tweaking, and making changes / starting initiatives that only serve to save face, and paint a pretty picture of the management, when in reality, (and this comes from direct experience interacting with management) - they think everyone on the floor are the bottom feeders of this society. It's quite shameful the amount of bashing, and negative speak of fellow employees that flows around the management of this organization. Needless to say, they recently had some of their worst employee satisfaction results in history. Until this company overhauls the management, and replaces the existing folks with competent individuals, the company will continue to be the attrition machine that it currently is.

My co-workers were very enjoyable, but all suffered from the same condition - severe disappointment with their job. The pay is terrible (barely over minimum wage to start) - and the hours are dreadful (6 am - 11:30 pm operation). If you are friendly and kiss enough *you know what* , managers are generally decent about accommodating your requests for changes to schedule. They have a decent online schedule management system that can be used (at the office or at home) to set up trades and request schedule changes without direct manager contact required. If you are someone who is a little more introverted, and likes to keep to themselves, prepare to feel like you are working in hell.

Like all call centers, this office engages in the practice of making the job very attractive to newcomers (great benefits, flexible hours, etc) - until a solid core of individuals are in place and happy / willing to assist new hires. Over time (I spent 4 years here and saw all of this unfold with an almost predictable precision) - they hire new people at lower rates / less perks, and begin making life difficult for those original (more expensive) employees. By Year 2, I wondered what it was about this job / company that initially attracted me, because all of the perks/ benefits had been scaled back with exception to a nice condensed 4 day work week (10 hour shifts). Eventually, this, and my full time hours were taken from me, and when I voiced concern about it to upper management, their response was very simply "If you don't like it, leave"

All in all, if you are looking for an easy job (basic computer skills and phone skills required) - that has decent security (they do work for Apple, and have a long standing good relationship with them) - this place is for you (But make sure you are applying for the iTunes side of the operation - the technical support side is far far worse, and you'll be surrounded by a group of very miserable people - nitpicky managers, and horrible hours).

If you can do without a management staff that has no idea how to balance business needs with employee satisfaction - as well as an environment where everything you say spreads like the T-virus... you may wish to look elsewhere. – less
A learning experience
Inbound/Outbound Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 30, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: don't say it.
I learned a lot from Minacs and still miss the people and the work. Ultimately it was not the place for me.
Bland and Life-draining workplace
Sales (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 30, 2013
Cons: not very flexible hours/schedules; promised full-time but not garunteed
A typical day here involves most calls coming in being transfers and customers calling in to complain about our customer service. The management here seems to treat us a little unfairly, we are in a very limited space environment and have been dis-allowed to wear jackets on the floor for reasons we do not know and they don't bother to turn up the heat – more... to compensate. As well, changes are made to our schedules on a regular basis without any informing. We receive two 15 minute breaks and one half-hour lunch. As i have been informed, both of those 15 minute breaks are legally supposed to be paid breaks but we only get paid for one of them. The hardest part of the job is the sales incentive they have applied to us agents. Most calls the customers already have, do not want, or cannot receive our services and so we are not able to sufficiently meet their goals for us but yet they continue to raise the mark. – less
Management is not good at all
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), oshawaMay 22, 2013
turn over rate is horrible
the place is not cleaned well and I got sick all the time.
OK but not stable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 10, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: training
Manager and Team Leads seem not to know their jobs very well and needed more training. OK place but computers were not adequate.
Flexible schedule
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 8, 2013
Perfect company to work if you are a student or a single person
I love working here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 21, 2013
Pros: extra hours
Cons: didnt find any
I love working here. The enviourement, the people,the managemente
are one of the best I have worked with.
Call Centre
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 2, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: shift work
I needed to listen and pay attention to every subscribers need call after call. The hardest part of my job was to ensure the subscriber was satisfied throughout the call and that the call was completed as quickly and as proficiently as possible.
Work
Consumer Protection and Fraud Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 26, 2013
High stress environment, low paying, my co-workers are great, though low paying and bad benefits
Some changes needed
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 23, 2013
Cons: long hours, no booking of days off
The current client is very demanding and offers very little support and expects the Level 1 agent to be able to make major decisions for callers.
Work days are long, you cannot book days off so you are forced to use your ten (10) E-days (emergency days) for simple things like appointments.
Direct supervisors are pretty decent, however they cannot offer – more... additional support past what the client will allow. – less
Fun Workplace, great people
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 22, 2013
Pros: close to my house
Cons: old computer software
I learned how to deal with Bell Aliant customers in various ways; such as troubleshooting, and inbound calls.
A lot of harassment in the workplace
Technical Support - CPU/iApps (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 19, 2013
Everyday the workplace was filled with negative comments towards other employee's and customers. Was not a clean and enjoyable place to work at.
Good starter IT customer service job.
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 12, 2013
A typical day at work involved sitting for the majority of your shift, with a 15 minute break every 2 hours. Friendly co workers and good management which made sure customer service targets/stats were reached. Goal oriented job.
Good atmosphere, a little tense
Tech Support/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: friendly
Cons: stressful on angry calls
I found taking tech support calls a little stressful but I handled it. The staff was friendly. And they had a lunchroom with microwaves and vending machines.
Terrble Job Experience
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: good starting salary.
Cons: long hours & terrible schedules
During the first 6 months of my employment at Minacs I was happy with my job. I quickly learned that they put entirely way too much pressure on employees to perform without the tools needed to do so. I alon with many co-workers found the expectations to be enrealistic.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chatham, ONJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: great team environment.
Cons: rotating shifts
Worked in a call center environment answering phones and assisting customers with their vehicle, vehicle warranties and any problems that they may be experiencing with their dealerships. Worked closely with my team leader to ensure that all of my calls were going as smoothly and perfectly as possible.
Really enjoyed working with the irate customers – more... as it was always better in the end when the problem is solved successfully. – less
Required training always provided
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 23, 2013
No job security. I was laid off twice in 2 years. Co-workers were great to work with. Enjoy the weekly review, so that I can always advance my skills.
Positive environment with many reward programs
Customer engagement team agent (Current Employee), Moncton,NBJanuary 12, 2013
It's a quiet job with friendly co-workers and supervisors creating a productive and positive attitude to help customers completing capital one credit card application even when they are frustrated. The different rewarding programs organised produce implication and hard work.
Enjoyable work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2013
You can be overwhelm by calls sometime but if you enjoy working in call centre you will be surrounded in fun envirnment. Management is great and very helpfull in satisfying your need(i.e request for holidays or schedule change etc..).
Fast Paced but Comfortable Environment
Customer Care (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 30, 2012
Very Fast Paced
How to cope with different situations and scenarios
Good Management
Very Nice co workers
No security of Job. Massive Hiring, Massive Firing
Good working environment

About Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Worldwide offers BPO to big businesses. A provider of business process outsourcing (BPO) services, the company – Read more

Aditya Birla Minacs Photos