Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good overall company - bad upper management
Email Customer Support Advisor & Performance Coach (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 4, 2013
The work itself is easy, but repetitive.
Direct management is mostly great, however the way the company is run and upper management sucks - they don't care about their employees or keeping them there...
Minacs will take your soul
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: you sorta get to work for apple
Cons: but you don't work for apple so wages suck, no raises, stuck
Minacs is a horrible place to work. It started strong, than slowly went down hill until it eats away at you like a cancer.

Highly stressful, unfair, no raises!, unpaid breaks, unpaid bathroom breaks, horrible lack of tools to do the job you're required to do, doesn't care about your family life and circumstances.

It is a revolving door environment.
Great Work Environment
Senior Advisor Dealer Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 28, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no sick days paid
Lots of great opportunities within the company. Great work ethic as well.
Very stressful enviroment
RBC customer card activations agent (Former Employee), DartmouthAugust 26, 2013
Cons: late hours and sudden schedule changes
At minacs I found it difficult to concentrate due to the fact that you have no personal space, it is very difficult to get days booked off and they are overall a very disorganized and stressful place to work.
Good working community
Customer Assistant Centre Agent (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 26, 2013
Management is very lacking
no employee structure
systems are very intermittent
popularity accounts for most upward corporate movement
Great short Term job
Customer Service (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 23, 2013
I would only suggest this if your wanting something short term it is a very stressful job, the money is only really good when your doing overtime
Very Productive
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: close to home, great hours of operation
Cons: it was only contract work and unfortunately they lost the contract.
I learned alot concering the graduated licensing system. The people I worked with were very friendly people.
The hardest part of the job was when you had senior citizens who were having to give up their license after having it for so many years.
Fun place and environment to work in such an organization
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 21, 2013
I really enjoy working at Aditya Birla Minacs. It's a great company with friendly environment. Everyone is very helpful and the best thing about Minacs is job security.
Good customer service team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBAugust 16, 2013
Pros: there was always room for advancement
Cons: long hours
It is a call center company that mostly worked with Financial institutions campaign in sales and day to day credit card banking solutions
Stress free environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, NBAugust 14, 2013
Pros: good premiums
Cons: repitition
Stress free environment, but it is much too slow and boring for me. Management does not communicate that well. My co-workers are amazing and extremely friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job is making sales over the phone. I've found I am much better when face to face with someone.
The most enjoyable part of the job itself is that it is simple – more... to a point, and my co-workers make it fun. – less
Good Salary , Awesome Co-Workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBJuly 30, 2013
Pros: good salary, awesome co-workers
Calling Center
I was an account supervisor for Capital One (Credit Cards)
They didn't care if you had a life outside of work .. Work was now you're life.
Shift Bids is how the schedule was made !! Weather it worked for you or not.
+ extended hours ,was not a choice , if there were shown on your schedule.. YOU HAD to start earlier ! Regular shift .. – more... 11-7 with extended .. 9h30-7 .. in front of a computer ! You had to love your job LOL , witch was basically handling customers account & complaints & making things right !

Most enjoyable part of the job , was the breaks & lunch & your co-workers ! You meet AWESOME people who often times have the same opinion of the job as you do , so they could relate to your frustration.

Management was falling apart . They were all about team work when neither of them could stand each other. Bad mouthing one an other from a department to another .

What I actually learned from that place , is how a calling center works.How to talk to different types of personalities on the phone.
Giving the right friendly service over the phone ! – less
Telecommunications Sales Agent
Telecommunications Sales Agent (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 24, 2013
Pros: a team-based atmosphere, with many incentives, good hours and every other weekend off
Cons: sometimes had to work late unexpectedly
• Outbound calls to maintain positive relationship between client and customers
• Accepted inbound calls; answer service inquiries and direct calls to appropriate department
• Completed applications for services and products; maintain high sales conversion

Over all, not a bad job; got to work with a good team and a great leader with many incentives – more... and challenges/games to win prizes for certain quotas hit – less
Fast Paced Work Environment
Inbound/Outbound Marketing Support Agent (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 16, 2013
Calling customers to follow up to their recent vehicle purchases. Advising customers of incentives they qualify for.
inbound/outbound call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 10, 2013
Pros: monthly bonuses, free lunches
Cons: long hours
It was a fast paced working environment. I had specific quotas to meet on each call. I had to multi task and work under pressure.
Work need in consistent management practises
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 5, 2013
Inconsistent practices. Work need in consistent management practices.
Senior Manager Information Security & Compliance (Former Employee), mississaugaJune 12, 2013
Great Place to work. Its a very good environment to work at. The Managers are really great and treat you well and are fair.
Stabiliy
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 3, 2013
Come into work sign into your computer check emails that might relate to your LOB (Line of Business). My time working there I learned that business world is fast paced and things can change in a heart-beat and technology can stop working. The management I personally worked with were great, however getting to their manager when you as the employee needed – more... something to be signed off made it difficult to get a day off approved, vacation day etc.
Co-workers were great I got along with everyone around me.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be the job stability and benefits – less
What you see is never what you get
iTunes Store Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 1, 2013
Pros: if you are outgoing you can make some decent friends, fairly relaxed office environment that is decently maintained, online schedule management and trade board, most of the year you get full time hours, itunes side is much more relaxed, metrics are attainable.
Cons: management, enforcement of rules is based entirely on your popularity, things such as metrics schedule hours change constantly, don't expect that what you have is set for any longer than a few months, not the greatest schedule for those with children
Unfortunately, it is a contact center. Therefore, you must be prepared for the constant changes associated with such an environment. As far as contact centers go, this is probably one of the better ones, as typical work days are relaxed, in a fairly well kept office environment. There are some times you would wonder if they even hired a cleaning staff, – more... but I don't think that has to do with the company itself, more so the management choices (hiring a proper cleaning company) - which leads to the biggest downfall of this organization (at least, the Niagara Falls site). Having been an employee of this company who was well liked by both coworkers and management, I can honestly say I've never worked among a bigger bunch of high school minded clowns in my entire life. They are constantly tweaking, and making changes / starting initiatives that only serve to save face, and paint a pretty picture of the management, when in reality, (and this comes from direct experience interacting with management) - they think everyone on the floor are the bottom feeders of this society. It's quite shameful the amount of bashing, and negative speak of fellow employees that flows around the management of this organization. Needless to say, they recently had some of their worst employee satisfaction results in history. Until this company overhauls the management, and replaces the existing folks with competent individuals, the company will continue to be the attrition machine that it currently is.

My co-workers were very enjoyable, but all suffered from the same condition - severe disappointment with their job. The pay is terrible (barely over minimum wage to start) - and the hours are dreadful (6 am - 11:30 pm operation). If you are friendly and kiss enough *you know what* , managers are generally decent about accommodating your requests for changes to schedule. They have a decent online schedule management system that can be used (at the office or at home) to set up trades and request schedule changes without direct manager contact required. If you are someone who is a little more introverted, and likes to keep to themselves, prepare to feel like you are working in hell.

Like all call centers, this office engages in the practice of making the job very attractive to newcomers (great benefits, flexible hours, etc) - until a solid core of individuals are in place and happy / willing to assist new hires. Over time (I spent 4 years here and saw all of this unfold with an almost predictable precision) - they hire new people at lower rates / less perks, and begin making life difficult for those original (more expensive) employees. By Year 2, I wondered what it was about this job / company that initially attracted me, because all of the perks/ benefits had been scaled back with exception to a nice condensed 4 day work week (10 hour shifts). Eventually, this, and my full time hours were taken from me, and when I voiced concern about it to upper management, their response was very simply "If you don't like it, leave"

All in all, if you are looking for an easy job (basic computer skills and phone skills required) - that has decent security (they do work for Apple, and have a long standing good relationship with them) - this place is for you (But make sure you are applying for the iTunes side of the operation - the technical support side is far far worse, and you'll be surrounded by a group of very miserable people - nitpicky managers, and horrible hours).

If you can do without a management staff that has no idea how to balance business needs with employee satisfaction - as well as an environment where everything you say spreads like the T-virus... you may wish to look elsewhere. – less
A learning experience
Inbound/Outbound Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMay 30, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: don't say it.
I learned a lot from Minacs and still miss the people and the work. Ultimately it was not the place for me.
Bland and Life-draining workplace
Sales (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 30, 2013
Cons: not very flexible hours/schedules; promised full-time but not garunteed
A typical day here involves most calls coming in being transfers and customers calling in to complain about our customer service. The management here seems to treat us a little unfairly, we are in a very limited space environment and have been dis-allowed to wear jackets on the floor for reasons we do not know and they don't bother to turn up the heat – more... to compensate. As well, changes are made to our schedules on a regular basis without any informing. We receive two 15 minute breaks and one half-hour lunch. As i have been informed, both of those 15 minute breaks are legally supposed to be paid breaks but we only get paid for one of them. The hardest part of the job is the sales incentive they have applied to us agents. Most calls the customers already have, do not want, or cannot receive our services and so we are not able to sufficiently meet their goals for us but yet they continue to raise the mark. – less

About Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Worldwide offers BPO to big businesses. A provider of business process outsourcing (BPO) services, the company – Read more