Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), chatham ontarioOctober 29, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything else
One of the worst places to work. Dead end job with no advancement chances. Horrible management team. Very rude and disrespectful.
Good people to work with.
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONOctober 19, 2014
Co-workers make the day go by quickly.
Constantly answering phones gets stressful.
Management was inappropriate.
HR would not take complaints against said management seriously.
A depressing place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ChathamSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: learning new systems, when you actually get to help a customer
Cons: cannot make future plans, not a lot of help, bad attitudes, unorganized, crowded, stressful
I went in to this job knowing it would be stressful and that the turnover rate is really high. I thought I would be able to stick it out for at least a year or so.. I was wrong. The training for the job was great and very thorough but nothing can really prepare you for once you hit the floor. It was so difficult at first because it was often very tough – more... to find a supervisor/TL for questions or assistance. I felt like I was guessing most of the time.

Many TLs clearly could not care less about helping anyone (employees nor customers). I came across many situations that TLs often did not know the answer to either and would just guess to give you an answer and shut you up. I avoided my TL specifically because when I would walk up to her to ask a question when I first came out of training she was clearly very annoyed.

There are nice people that work there and that are willing to help out, but for the most part the atmosphere of the place is very depressing. No one wants to be there. No one wants to really help a customer. I was shocked during training when I would hear agents put customers on mute and mock them while they were still talking on the line.

Making any future plans is near impossible since you cannot book days off. You can only trade shifts which only successfully happens once in a blue moon (I only successfully traded a shift once in my 6 months there).

While I was employed at Minacs they were expanding a lot, running tons of training classes and basically just dumping people onto the floor wherever they could fit them. There was not enough support or room for all of the people that they were hiring (although the amount of people they were hiring was necessary since calls were POURING in). Any coaching or team meetings that were ever scheduled got cancelled because there was not enough support. In my six months there I was probably coached 3 times and had never been to a team meeting. Another thing that added a lot of stress to the job was that they never allowed you the time that you need to call customer's back to follow up (yet you would get in trouble if you did not do so). This was also because they did not have the necessary amount of staff to handle the call volume.

At the end of my six months employed at Minacs I was more stressed out, drained, and desperate to leave than I had ever been. The day I quit was a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders.

The job itself is not what I found horrible, it was the surroundings, attitudes, lack of support/help, and unorganization that made the job unbearable for myself.

P.S: the bathrooms are disgusting. – less
Fun and interactive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 9, 2014
This company is a team environment in which each one of us helps each other on a difficult customer service call. Everybody is friendly. I learned a lot on the Rogers products and services and how they will benefit the customers. I would receive over 30 incoming calls per day and would efficiently resolve each call in a professional manner. The hardest – more... part of my job is dealing with irate customers and being able to assist them. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer acknowledges and appreciates my assistance and my ability to resolve their issue. The would ask to speak to my manager and tell them on how wonderful I have been on the phone and how well I resolved their issues. – less
GOOD COMPANY
Customer service Rep (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 28, 2014
IT IS VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK WITH
I HAVE LEARNED A LOT WHICH HELP ME TO GET BETTER JOB.
ITS A LEARNING CURVE FOR MY CARER
It's a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: bennefits
Cons: 325+ calls daily- no breaks
Place is okay to work, however it has it perks. Taking calls (325 calls daily) no real appreciation for what is done. Stalemate. Happiness is coworkers and Team leaders satisfaction of proper encouragement. Makes a laggy dry day bearable.
Good
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 9, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: no public transportation
Nice company to work with. A management team is really good. All are very supportive.
Good people bad pay
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 7, 2014
Pros: its a gig
Cons: pay, hours and headaches
This is a underpaid call in centre job for the most profitable company in the world. I just plain do not respect the fact you cannot afford a car to get to work from this place.
When you have to make choices like can I afford to eat today, its just not worth it
I would never say a bad word about the management or trainers, some good people who try hard – more... to keep you employed – less
Soul Crushing Call Centre
Team Leader (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great people!
Cons: loss of soul.
I worked with Minacs for a little less than 3 years during their transition period to Aditya Birla Minacs. The culture and management approach quickly took a turn for the worse once the company was bought out. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with, the environment was much to hostile to stay.
Very good place to apply acquired skills and develop new skills and update oneself with new technologies.
Network Design Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: energetic team who share ideas and concepts. great learning experience.
Responsible for designing and deploying the interoffice, backbone networks.
Discuss about the suitable network topology and implement the same after brainstorming.
Implementing routing protocols.
Scheduling downtime and performing maintenance and upgrades in the network.
Decent benefits and good people, work days are on flex which gives a bad balance to work and social life
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 18, 2014
Typical call center 9-9 1/2 hours and you could be working 3 days before a day off or it could be 10, repetitive scripted calls, people at work are great, the benefits are alright.
Friendly Environment
Computer Software Support Advisor (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 3, 2014
Minacs was a good place to work...the staff were helpful in teaching the necessary skills to perform the job successfully.

Learned to troubleshoot Apple Computer software issues

Co-workers were energetic and great to get along with.
Helping customers with their issues was the most enjoyable and satisfying aspect of the job
Some customers could be – more... really difficult to deal with – less
avoid companie !!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBJune 13, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
always looked for reason to give you bad info , not good management , everything always changes so you never know what to do in your job , always reasons not to give raises left this job after 2 years . stressful not sanitary chairs where not good and computer pay was ok but not for the stress you had to endure everyday ..

if i knew this before i would – more... of never ever worked there !! – less
Excellent place of employment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: staff events, loyalty and performance awards, fun staff
Cons: technical knowledge and constant upkeep required.
A typical day at work was structured, organized and enjoyable.

I learned a number of technical skills with various electronics including computers.

Management was always friendly and helpful, with equal parts consideration for the company and for its employees.

Co-workers that I met were friendly and helpful, many of whom I still have today as friends.

The – more... hardest part of the job was the vast amount of technical information required. I can't talk about the client, but it was computer related and this is a very broad spectrum of customer serves issues.

The environment was always fantastic and the best part of any call centre job (in my experience) is the fun and enjoyable people you meet on site. – less
Horrid place
Wireless Multimedia Senior Advisor (Former Employee), niagara fallsJune 8, 2014
it was a very horrible place to work. always underpaid always having to look over your shoulder. no respect for loyalty and just all around disaster of a company. avoid at all possible
Aditya Birla Minacs
Technical Support (Former Employee), Peterborough, OntarioJune 5, 2014
Job was ok asa starter job if you can handle a high stress, low pay job
Casual. Pleasant. A lot of turnaround.
Employee (Current Employee), Niagara FallsMay 9, 2014
I like working for Minacs.
There are tons of complainers here reviewing, but what they aren't saying is the benefits of working here.
1 - You aren't on your feet all day flipping burgers or pouring coffee.
2 - Every second weekend off.
3 - Free coffee.
4 - Free parking.
5 - Little perks, little incentives, monthly bonuses.
So those people complaining, – more... yes, your shift might suck, but it could be a lot worse. You are NOT being constantly harassed by management, just do your job and don't screw around. Actually show up, get paid, and with your tenure hopefully you will end up with an OK shift. Not saying this is a career, but its a pay cheque. – less
Feels like being in high school again.
Bell Aliant Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBMay 7, 2014
Pros: great team leads, incentives, tons of hours
Cons: extreme difficulty at being an organized company
I worked for Minacs for about 6 months before finding a profession in my field. During these six months , I can not say that I was overly impressed with any part of Minacs.
To start off , they are constantly hiring (2-3 classes of 20 or so people per month at my centre alone) because they can not keep the customer representative they have. After discussing – more... this issue with management , I found out that in a months time it is possible to lose around 40 employees (A good example is that from the training class after mine , they hired 18, there are 4 left and all of them have put in their two weeks notice). When I was hired , they didn't have the space to accommodate a new training class as there were already 2 in effect so we were put in a dark corner in the back of the centre where we didn't have any hands on training until the class before us "graduated". We did not have a formal trainer so they had two reps from the sales team teach us (I am in no way complaining about the trainers I had at the start as they were wonderful but still did not have the appropriate training to be a Minacs trainer). Halfway through , they decide to switch trainers to a formal one so in the span of six weeks , I was trained by three different employees.
For bilingual people ; if you are expecting to have your regular bilingual wage as soon as you start working for Minacs , think again ! You are not allowed to have your premium until you hit the floor (six weeks after you are hired) even though you are expected to learn all the terminology and promotions for francophones without the assistance of any trainers (as of course , there are none who speak French).
After graduating , I was put on a team with a wonderful manager who really cared about her team. She had been promoted before , then demoted as Minacs had decided they didn't need her in management and then was upgraded to manager once more when my team graduated as there were more reps on the floor. Two weeks into being with this team , she is demoted again due to the fact that a manager who was on paternal came back so clearly no management job is secure. Two weeks after being on his team , he quits and I am transferred teams once more and then a week later transferred teams again. After only being on the floor for 3 months , I was changed 4 teams. There was no consistency.
As for the hours , they do usually give you full time hours. There are usually two shifts you could work - 830 am to 5 pm or 12 pm to 9 pm except on Mondays where you are REQUIRED to work 11 hour days. However , except your shifts to change with NO warning (especially over the weekend , it's your responsibility to check your schedule every night to make sure it hasn't changed) and to be given forced vacation. In April, they decided to force vacation time on every representative even the ones who had put requests in for later/earlier (those people lost their vacation time). Then , the rest of April they cut everyone's hours lower than what was on the contract we signed when we started out which is not exactly supposed to happen. Many people complained but nothing was done about it. THEY ALSO DON'T DO SICK LEAVE AND WILL NOT ACCOMMODATE YOU IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN/PREVIOUS ENGAGEMENTS. I was out for two weeks due to an illness (all documented) and instead of counting it as sick leave , they just used all of my sick days , meaning that in February, I already had none left. There were also two instances where mothers requested that for two weeks their schedule be changed to days (only for those two weeks) as they did not have any way to have the child supervised (and on this salary there is no way you can pay for child care and a babysitter) and they were denied. Unless you can find someone to trade with you , don't expect anyone to help you with your schedule (they aren't big on time off).
The dress code is excessively strict (more than when you were in school which I find ridiculous) and they do tend to pick on some people more than others for it.
The information is constantly changing so it is very hard to provide customers with accurate information because what was right last week may not be this week. They do provide training on it ... Often 2 weeks after this has been put in effect.
The systems are absolutely horrible. They have not been updated in around a decade so they do stop working often. It takes around 15 -20 minutes (if your system is working well) to log in every day (out of your own time or course). They are trying to develop a new one but so far you can only so minimal orders on I and it takes much more time than doing I manually.
The last thing is that if you are French , this is probably not where you want to be. You will be constantly taking calls (back to back all day) , there are barely any sales opportunities for French people if you are in the customer service queue and there are no French management to assist you. You are not allowed to trade with anyone other than bilinguals that are in your queue - the problem is that there are at most 10 francophones , and only 3-4 per queue meaning you can only ask 3 people to switch and usually it's a no.
Now for the positives , the Team Leads were absolutely phenomenal and constantly worked with you for you to better your sales/targets. They would cheer you on if you got sales and there are a TON of incentives if you are good at selling. Most of the representatives were nice (albeit a lot of drama and gossip so it was a lot like high school). You did get full hours and commission (although hard to attain until you move up from the customer care queue to
Sales) .
It can be fun, can be rewarding and you do sometimes get days where it is slow so you can have time to chat with friends. There are a ton of incentives (gift cards , prizes, money) to be won if youre a good seller. The people from HR are supportive and try their best to be understanding. They also have committees that set up fun lunches/games/prizes.
However,If you are looking for an organized company, this is not the job for you. – less
Stressful yet casual work environment
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: amazing people.
Cons: constant contradictions between policies and what your boss tells you to do.
A normal day is sitting at a desk staring into space until a customer calls. Help the customer to the best of your abilities, and afterwards repeat this process. Be prepared to be pulled aside to hear about everything you're doing wrong, and rarely ever be recognized for what you're doing right as this is the worst part of the job. Co-workers are very – more... easy to get along with, and are very pleasant people. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with interesting and easy going people. – less
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), OshawaMay 5, 2014
Good job for someone starting out, or wanting a relatively easy job.
Great location for people living in the Oshawa/Durham Region areas.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Worldwide offers BPO to big businesses. A provider of business process outsourcing (BPO) services, the company – Read more

Aditya Birla Minacs Photos