Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A day at minacs
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Long commute
Minacs was great for the first few months for me. I did not have a team lead when I started and when one was finally assigned she was a person I could not stand. After she came in all teams had to sit together in assigned seating rows and she was always standing over your shoulder or watching your screen to make sure you are doing the correct things. The main annoyance outside of the clear lack of trust on how we are doing our jobs is, the lead was not trained in the area we were working in which thus meant she had no idea of if we were doing our jobs correctly or not.
My first call centre job. Educational and a pleasant change.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBApril 21, 2015
Pros: Learning to be a better team worker.
Cons: Low salary.
I enjoyed my time with Aditya Birla Minacs and I always had very good performance reviews. Senior management was aloof and seldom had any contact with people on the floor. Training was adequate. We were told not to be concerned about work being done off shore and three months later forty jobs were lost.
There weren't any particularly difficult parts of the job except with new assignments,where they should have provided better training'
Co-workers were great and provided some enjoyable new friendships.
customer service Rep
CSR (Former Employee), ChathamApril 9, 2015
Pros: enjoyable workplace
Cons: they have no idea what they are doing business wise, They hire immature teens and it wrecks the business.
I worked for them for 3 years. Had a great time and worked long hours and hard for them, they shut down, fired everyone, and even though i was one of the last people to leave and they told me if they start up again i was going to be a first person to call back, i got called for interview 3 times and no response from them, not even a thanks and not even a call to let me know anything. I really needed a job and they put me out. They arent condsiderate at all. I am a good receptionist and customer service rep. They miss out.
Sales oriented office
Sales Architect (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 19, 2014
Pros: access to cutting edge technology, great sales team
Cons: rotating shifts
At Minacs we were providing sales and support for PC's, finding the customer the right PC package for the right price.

During my tenure at Minacs I developed excellent verbal skills, as well as the art of upselling when possible. In regards to this, both management and my co-workers were an excellent resource in assisting me to identify potential sales opportunities.

The most challenging aspect of the job was the volume of calls taken in a given day, while the most enjoyable was to have hands-on access to all the hardware that we were selling, allowing me to have first hand experience with new technology.
Worst company I have ever worked for in my life
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chatham-KentFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: leaving at the end
Cons: everything
Where do I begin about this place. Horrible rate of pay and not to mention it's a dead end job. Members of management get paid to use the washroom while the phone agents do not. The members of HR and some of the management team think they are better then everybody else and DO NOT care about the people that work there. Not to mention I have been gone from there for approx 2 years and recently just got a BILL saying that I owe 70$ for the pointless program they enroll everybody in.

PEOPLE DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND DO NOT APPLY HERE. THIS IS A HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK AND THEY TREAT YOU LIKE KIDS !!
Fun and interactive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 9, 2014
This company is a team environment in which each one of us helps each other on a difficult customer service call. Everybody is friendly. I learned a lot on the Rogers products and services and how they will benefit the customers. I would receive over 30 incoming calls per day and would efficiently resolve each call in a professional manner. The hardest part of my job is dealing with irate customers and being able to assist them. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer acknowledges and appreciates my assistance and my ability to resolve their issue. The would ask to speak to my manager and tell them on how wonderful I have been on the phone and how well I resolved their issues.
Be careful what you say or you'll get the 3rd degree
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Nothing good to say
Cons: Terrible structure and management
Don't make jokes if other people are around because they might get offended and run to HR.
Don't stick up for yourself and have an opinion because someone will run to HR.
Don't defend your actions while talking to HR because you'll just get sent home and told to come back when you're feeling better.
Don't expect to pay any of your bills with a paycheck from here even if you're promised full time because you won't be able to.
Don't take a washroom break because it's docked from your pay.
Don't waste your time applying here if you don't have to.
A really family-oriented atmosphere
Customer Service Advisor - Apple (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 24, 2015
Although it may appear to be your typical run-of-the-mill call centre, it feels like the management at Minacs take great pride in their workers, and make them feel more like family. I've learned a great deal about the campaign I am currently doing, and I've definitely enjoyed those who have been there to help guide me every step of the way. Being in call centres before, I was able to quickly adjust back to the call centre environment, and although I still stumble a little bit, I know that I've got great support in all my fellow co-workers.
Stabiliy
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 3, 2013
Come into work sign into your computer check emails that might relate to your LOB (Line of Business). My time working there I learned that business world is fast paced and things can change in a heart-beat and technology can stop working. The management I personally worked with were great, however getting to their manager when you as the employee needed something to be signed off made it difficult to get a day off approved, vacation day etc.
Co-workers were great I got along with everyone around me.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be the job stability and benefits
Best team working environment
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation days
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work involved assisting customers with their enquiries on technology devices.

I have learned and acquired patience at all levels from customers to management.

My co workers were helpful in every way and we worked as one to give optimum performance.

The hardest part of the job was trying to get instructions within a 5 minute time frame.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the customer to work the device and feel confident that they are able to use device after they hang up.
Enjoyable workplace
Out bound Sales Agent (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 9, 2013
Pros: easy going, friendly atmosphere, supportful management
Cons: quota requirement(s), partily commintion based income
Typical day at work: out bound (cold) calls to customers of our campaign, at desk all done, using client/customer based software.
I learned how to improve my communications skills, articulate my speech, be more defined on what I'm saying.
Management was very supporting; assisted me on difficulties I had through learning how my campaign operates.
Most difficult part of job; obtaining quota requirements.
Most enjoyable part; assisting clients, assuring their service is up to date, and most suited for their needs.
Fast Paced, Quick thinking.
training specialist (Current Employee), Chantham-Kent, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Fast paced, always something new
Most people would find comfort in the structure of their day-to-day job. This is something Minacs did not provide me in my role as Training Specialist and yet to me that was the best part.

My role and responsibility was in constant change which provided me with a lasting challenge that kept me engaged in my work. Although there was always structure to our approach of what to train and how there was always this air of mystery around what the company needs were as they could change so quickly.

This presented the challenge of finding a balance of being prepared for what was next but not always being sure what that challenge was.

It was never the same thing and that was the best thing.
Friendly place
Bilingual Cust service/helpdesk technical support (Current Employee), Hamilton,OnJune 10, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Bilingual Customer Service Canada Post:
i am working in three departement at Canada Post
1- Customer Services General Inquiries
*Helping customers trucking their shippement
* Opening investigations and sent it to 2nd level
2- Epost
* Resset password
* troubleshouting with customer
* helping customer to add mailer in their accounts Epost
3- Helpdesk Technical Supplort with bussiness
Walkthough with customers creating their orders online
Precision Targeter
How to Cancel an Order (Manifest)
EST Online
EST 2.0
Ship-in-a-Click
Express Order Entry
The hard pat of the job when i'am not able to help customer
•the most enjoyable part of the job ,when the customer apreciate the help.
Challengeing work enviroment
Customer service Representitive for a CC Company (Former Employee), Riverview NBSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: short lunchs
I enjoyed being challenged on a daily basis. Every call and person you spoke to was different and so gave me the opportunity to expand my interpersonal skills and trouble solving. The Team leaders were very helpful and knowlegable in their areas and my co workers and I got along very well. The best and wrost part of the job was actually the same, even though dealing with irate customers can be a challenge being able to fix the issue and make the person happy was what made my day.
Stressful yet casual work environment
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: amazing people.
Cons: constant contradictions between policies and what your boss tells you to do.
A normal day is sitting at a desk staring into space until a customer calls. Help the customer to the best of your abilities, and afterwards repeat this process. Be prepared to be pulled aside to hear about everything you're doing wrong, and rarely ever be recognized for what you're doing right as this is the worst part of the job. Co-workers are very easy to get along with, and are very pleasant people. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with interesting and easy going people.
Great people but no leway
Management level (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 17, 2013
Pros: different range of working hours, sometimes free lunch!
Cons: overtime can be mandatory, not much compassion for absence.
The job is great, it can be fun and exciting. There are a lot of freedoms in the workplace.

The only thing I did not like is they were not willing to compromise if health concerns, family issues or schedule adjustments were an issue.

Its be on time when they need you or you will be out of a job.

Great place for someone with a flexible schedule that can manage near perfect attendance all year round.
Incoming call resolution centre - young, friendly environment
Information Technology Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 27, 2012
Pros: tv during breaks keeps you informed and entertained.
Cons: performance ranking and realizing you're over-challenged!
An excellent starting job for young professionals wishing to launch a career in any business, or for seasoned call centre careerists. The competitive (but friendly) atmosphere will foster personal growth in many areas. A rather difficult transition for people whose computer exposure has been limited for most of a 20+ year work history, and the challenge of sitting for a 9 hour shift may not be recommended for many.
Minacs in a nutshell
Credit Card Application Agent (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: ensentives when we reached quotas
Cons: long hours
My experience at Minacs was very pleasant. The staff was always very happy and there to help you. The management team was very positive and were always there to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the customers on the other end of the line when talking on the telephone. Since it was a call center, this was required of us. Sometimes the connection was not the best, but we always found a way to make it work. I loved my co-workers at Minacs. We were like a big happy family. We always enjoyed each others company.
Structured and an enjoyable place to work
CSR - Back-up Receptionist (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 11, 2012
Pros: well structured and clean enviroment
Cons: hours sway too much, like to have straight structure, but have some flexability.
The office enviroment is clean and well ventelated. The people, staff, managers and clients are amaizing. There are different areas that all staff get to do activities together on a monthly basis and communications of work ethics on a weekly basis. This corporation has provided me with new skills and honed my past skills. For any employer, I am a devoted employee, giving my 100 percent each and every day.
Horrible job
CSR (Former Employee), Chatham ONJune 15, 2014
Pros: awesome co workers
Cons: grumpy customers
The training schedule was weird, 4pm to midnight, once on the floor we were told to tell customers we had no supervisors, so if someone asked for one it'd be a ten minute back and forth of "let me speak to a supervisor" "I don't have one". The customers were always complaining about everything and would blame you, as if you came and stole their vehicle's warranty personally somehow. The TL's gave us little info and the system was confusing as h e double hockey sticks.
Employees