Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 5, 2015
Good pay, steady, terrible hours. Very scheduled lunches and breaks. Good management, fun environment and people.Good if you enjoy typing and talking to people and hrlping
underwhelming
Supervisor (Former Employee), monctonOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Many hours
Cons: no flexibility
typical day was taking calls, having system issues and losign pay since it's paid by the minute and the system wouldnt track it. losing about 5-15 minutes of pay a day.
It used to be great
Program Manager/ Team Leader/ Trainer (Former Employee), MonctonOctober 5, 2015
I enjoyed my time with the company. It was a great place for me to develop my skills and find out what I really enjoy doing. They gave me lots of opportunities to shine and advance. The company was then sold after the passing of Elaine Minacs. I cannot say that things were the same after that, many privileges were taken away and the company was not the same.
Fun Place to work
Telephone Tecinial Analyst - Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Chance to learn, grow. Great co-workers
Cons: Awkward Shifts, Long Hours
Internally a great bunch of people to work alongside. Great learning opportunities and change for internal advancement.
Year-long Employment
CSR (Former Employee), Niagara FallsSeptember 28, 2015
I had the pleasure of working for this company serving their main client for a solid year. As any call centre job is, it becomes a little mind-numbing at times, however the experience I had was absolutely memorable. I had to quit due to having to relocate without choice, out of the general region. As bad as some people will say the life of a call centre is, I have nothing but very fond memories of my employment at this company. My direct supervisors were an absolute pleasure to work with; they were such compassionate people. They weren't just supervisors or bosses, they were friends. If you are considering applying for a position with this company, I would highly suggest it. Surely, you would not be disappointed!
Unsastisfied with company management and operations
Customer Ambassador/Case Manager (Current Employee), Oshawa, OntarioSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: The people I worked with were amazing people
Cons: The entire rest of the compay
Horrible. Company has no consideration for their employees. Company is not interested in long term employees. Company turn-over rate is directly due to daily office function.
productive
OnStar Advisor (Current Employee), Oshawa, OntSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: long hours, minimum pay
inbound calls +100 minimum/day
learned to listen to customers needs (not only based on company standards)
multi-tasking
working in a fast pace environment
adaptability to change (process and scripting)
working well independently and with others\
Productive and fun.
Customer Service/Inbound Call Center (Former Employee), Whitby, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Made some great friends.
Cons: dept was sent to another country.
Assisted in resolving customers billing issues, coworkers were great people to work with, had great Christmas functions. I learned to show more empathy to people.
Great place, filled with regular people, who do their best to understand
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 11, 2015
Cons: Unpredictable Hours
Fun work place, with a decent support structure. There are much worse places to be employed. After hearing about some changes, I'd now say it would be a place one would desired to be employed by! If only they'd give me another shot!
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: Learned a lot of skills
Cons: A bit disorganized
We dealt with a lot of customer complaints, I learned how to handle multiple customers who were upset in different approaches, I learned new computer systems, co-workers were good and always approachable.
productive and great people
Onstar customer service Advisor (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: the hours of work
it is a fun work place with great people. its all about numbers so at times it could be stressful but that was to be expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the great people i worked with and everything they had to teach me. The office was way to crowded.
Fun co workers
Technical Helpdesk Agent (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 4, 2015
The day goes by a little slow when it is not busy, when it is busy the day goes by pretty fast. Knowing the job like the back of your hands helps a lot! Your able to manage talk time. I learned how to cope and handle angry, annoyed or frustrated customers. I learned the basic troubleshoot steps for different web browsers. I learned how to identify and provide solutions more quickly. Management is good. Co workers are fun and kind. Its never a bad day at work because of the people who work along side you.
The hardest part of the job is to handle your calls at a good talk-time so your average handle time stays within target, and make sure you "ace" every call. Also making sure your adherence is on point because failing to do so takes an impact of your bidding for the next months work schedule, as you have to bid and "compete" against your workers therefore if you want a good schedule for next month you have to hope your within target and guidelines of the job.
Incentives are a plus as well if you want to make extra money.
Decent
Customer Service (Provisioning/CDMA) (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 4, 2015
Working at Minacs was ok. It can be a great environment depending on how you look at it. If you like helping customers and don't mind the irate ones every once in a while and you can put up with the management then you'll do well. This job has a huge learning curve at the beginning for the first two months then this job is a breeze. Can get extremely boring as in most teams you are very scripted and say the same things over and over. The incentives are very nice if you meet them.
---Perks---
-Wear basically whatever you want
-Full time work
-Relaxed work environment where goofing of was ok just not on the phone
-Decent commissions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBSeptember 4, 2015
This was a type of job where I had to service customers over the phone. I took inbound calls. I enjoyed answering customers via email. There were times I was yelled at because the customer would not recognize transactions on their credit card (The call center at this place deals with Capital One)
not bad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Good place to work, people were nice. Phone calls difficult sometimes, but there was always assistance from TLs if needed.
Call Center
Customer Relations Analyst (Current Employee), HamiltonSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Stationery Desk, Team Work, Clean, Well lit, Encouraging Management, Events
Cons: Lost Campaign
The environment at Minacs is very pleasant. Co-workers say hello and ask about your day, while managers always make contact within a day. During the day customers are provided strong service and efficient results. As any call center or customer service position, customers are both the most enjoyable and most difficult part of the job.
Be careful what you say or you'll get the 3rd degree
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Nothing good to say
Cons: Terrible structure and management
Don't make jokes if other people are around because they might get offended and run to HR.
Don't stick up for yourself and have an opinion because someone will run to HR.
Don't defend your actions while talking to HR because you'll just get sent home and told to come back when you're feeling better.
Don't expect to pay any of your bills with a paycheck from here even if you're promised full time because you won't be able to.
Don't take a washroom break because it's docked from your pay.
Don't waste your time applying here if you don't have to.
Overall a great Experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 30, 2015
I enjoyed working there. When you had a difficult call or task, your Team Lead was always more than willing to help you and coach you through it.
Fast Paced
Customer Service (Former Employee), mississaugaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good Work Team
Cons: A lot of back to back calls
This job required answering inbound calls. what I enjoyed most was that you can never not be busy. The most challenging part was back to back inbound calls. The co-workers would all help one another as well as the supervisors if you have problems assisting customers.
Customer service (Former Employee), oshawaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Productive community, goal oriented, lots of opportunities to move up. Stressful but they have a stress management program you can call to help manage it.
Employees