Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
the hardest part of the job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Eastern Passage, NSFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: 12 hour shift on Monday
Was trying to figure out to do things that my floor trainer didn't even know. It got stressful being there when the help you wanted was there. You had to learn fast or it would be a challenge. I think it would of been easier if my group had someone that knew what they were doing on the floor. She gave her best but you could tell it was also overwhelming for her too!
Awesome People / Terrible Job
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Awesome people
Cons: terrible place to work at
I worked at Minacs for 3 years. The people were awesome and I had alot of good times but the job itself was very stressful. The targets were really hard to meet, especially if you wanted a decent bonus. Policies would change on a regular basis. There was a very big disconnect between the client and the management. And also job security was not very good. Honestly I still would be working there today if the center didn't close down.
a typical day at work
Customer Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: The TL's are very supportive.
Cons: un paid lunch
Once I enter the office the first thing i do is sign in to my system and start taking calls. I get calls from the Costumer having trouble using there ipads, iphones, apple watches and ipod touch. Once they call me and describe there problem i have to Acknowledge, align and assure what there issue is. Once i get to know the issue i look it up on my knowledge guide in my ilog and assist the costumer with step by step troubleshooting details from the article. Once the article is completed but still if the problem is not resolved then i transfer the call to the Sr adviser..
Very busy work environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2016
A typical day at Minacs is very busy. And loud. I learned a lot of great customer service skills while employed there, however the job its self isn't one i recommend as a long term career for anyone. It's great if you need to make money of course. You start out making 11.60/hour then after 6 months move to 12.40/hour. You get medical benefits after 6 months and dental benefits after 12 months. The hardest part of the job is not having a mental breakdown. Regular shifts there are 9 and a half hours. And that's because the breaks and lunches aren't paid. Talking on the phone to rude people all day really take it's toll on you.

So, would I recommend you work here?
No, not unless you really can't find anything else.
Fast Paced, Quick thinking.
training specialist (Current Employee), Chantham-Kent, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Fast paced, always something new
Most people would find comfort in the structure of their day-to-day job. This is something Minacs did not provide me in my role as Training Specialist and yet to me that was the best part.

My role and responsibility was in constant change which provided me with a lasting challenge that kept me engaged in my work. Although there was always structure to our approach of what to train and how there was always this air of mystery around what the company needs were as they could change so quickly.

This presented the challenge of finding a balance of being prepared for what was next but not always being sure what that challenge was.

It was never the same thing and that was the best thing.
enjoyed my time with Minacs as General Motors Contract worker
Distribution Administrator (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I had 17 great years with the company and have experiences that will lead me to another job. I was given the opportunity to work with a great bunch of people and do a job that I loved to do.
Fun place to work in especially with emphasis on casual culture and at the same time firm processes
Inbound Technical Customer Support (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Working at Minacs has been a great learning experience. Made me focus on my soft skills especially when dealing with frustrated customers. An average day at Minacs is "something new everyday". No two customers are the same and it is always fun to resolve their issues over a phone call.
Our supervisors and team leaders makes sure that they hold their end of the bargain (in terms of giving us commissions , bonuses and appreciating us for achieving highest customer satisfaction surveys) if we hold our end, which at the end of the day is a win-win for both of us and obviously for the company as well. The greatest challenge I have faced while working here is to adjust myself to the sudden schedule changes. Although that is something to be expected of a call center but on a personal level I have felt that I have become very adaptable and I have learned to mold myself with the changing nature of the job.
good company
Computer Technical Support (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Recommended
Good company
Respect the Employee
I like it
all the jobs is good
i learned the communication skills to communicate with the customers
Productive Workplace with on site event celebrations
Inbound Technical Customer Support (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 11, 2016
MINACS is one of the best work place environments. There are always some event celebration going on with free lunches and different dress themes going on all month. I enjoy working at MINACS alot. Very friendly environment and a very cooperative management team.
Unhappy place
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Woodside, NSJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: gift cards if you make sales
Cons: short hours, unorganized
My review for Minacs, my current company, is that I'm very unhappy here. My current co-workers are as well. This company is very unorganized. My schedule has been disrupted and changed around before I've gotten to work when I last thought i was supposed to. was told guaranteed 30-40 hours per week. i have just worked 31 hours i the last to.. our incentive bonus that we earn monthly we were supposed to receive before Christmas, I am now getting on my current month pay.. Most representatives don't have a place to sit half the time because most of the computers don't work, even when you do have a computer that hardly works aswell.
customer service
Email Support Technician/phone support (Current Employee), Welland, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: very nice bosses and great work environment
Cons: too far away from home
fielding calls and handling customer concerns with gift cards,.charges etc..have thorough knowledge gift cards and I phones....management is supportive and helpful as are my coworkers....hardest part of the job is keeping cool when customers are swearing at you....the most enjoyable part of job is when a customer's problem is resolved to their satisfaction
good
Level one Chrysler Customer Assistant Agent (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: i dont ever have to meet the customers.
Cons: lies
good. you get paid minim to lie to people. 5 days a week ladies and gents. lots and lots and lots of lying. the hours were reliable. i really did feel bad for some of the customers/
Call senter and customer service for Canada Post (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 28, 2015
Good as a call center and great people. I learned to manage my time and to hold my temper with Customers, and gained a thick skin from it.
DONT DO IT
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 28, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: Everything else
Don't apply here they take everybody and when you show that you're there all the time and always ready to work on time they do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to show you they appreciate your time and commitment, don't ever think they'll change anything for you because they won't it's just an awful place to work.
large phone call volume of inbound calls make for great quick days.
customer service representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBDecember 21, 2015
Always show up fifteen minutes early and log in to computer and all systems. Then depending on call type I would either help customers with customer services or help them join our team and apply for the right credit card that capital one had to offer.
wished i could have stayed if the circumstances were different.
customer service representative (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONDecember 20, 2015
Pros: three weeks of paid training
Cons: not enough training for backdoor and for not having help .
I worked there for 5 weeks in the chatham branch . The management was all over the place. When you had a question you were talked down to like you were stupid and like you should already know the answer to . You had to guess what to do . You had to spend almost an hour unpaid looking for a place to sit and if there wasnt any places then your pay was docked and you were advised you were not being efficient atnyour station. They didnt train us enough to know what to do in complicated situations with customers and dealerships. Most of the young employees made it feel like school talking about their intimate lives while your trying to be professional on the line with customers and discuss their matters. When they were not working they were congregating around people who werent and the one sided headphones made it very difficult to hear . Individuals who worked there if they had medical concerns they were perceived as not worthy of being able to use the washroom unless it was in the alloted time frame . The worst part was not having adequate work stations that had a computer that worked and didnt freeze all the time and having to run around trying to find a supervisor to correct the problems. Then the head office in india would dock your pay because their computers in chatham office quit working and would render you helpless while trying to complete your call with no programs or windows open. Not being able to leave your desk for break cause your on a call and when you go to take your break time that is allotted when you do get off the phone and they tell you you were late when you – more... took the exact time you would be allotted. I quit because of my health reasons declining, the stress of the job and just being overly frustrated by the conditions in which i was placed with no help. – less
Client focus
Technical Service Advisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 19, 2015
A typical day at work involves making sure the customers are happy whether or not we find a solution to their problems. Make it a low effort experience for them.
fun work place, horriable OM
Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 17, 2015
the workplace can be a lot of fun there. however the management is hit and miss. the higher up you go on the ladder the more corrupt they get. other then that. they hire anyone and everyone. just keeping the job is another story.
enjoyed working for minacs
customer service (Former Employee), Riverview, NBDecember 16, 2015
worked with inbound customers and helped them with there account issues , made sure that people had the right answer for there needs
Busy non suportive atmosphere
Onstar Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: occasional Staff lunches
Cons: long hours, no support, threat of losing your job over every minor mistake
Minacs is a very busy organization who would rather send you out the door than help you to better yourself. Their employee turn around rate is exceptionally high and I can imagine their inability to keep employees is because of the work environment. Staff are asked to work exceptionally long hours with little to no room for error.
Employees