Aditya Birla Minacs

Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), OshawaNovember 26, 2014
Enjoyed being close to home. Learned about Customer Service,
Worst place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), chatham ontarioOctober 29, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything else
One of the worst places to work. Dead end job with no advancement chances. Horrible management team. Very rude and disrespectful.
Good people to work with.
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONOctober 19, 2014
Co-workers make the day go by quickly.
Constantly answering phones gets stressful.
Management was inappropriate.
HR would not take complaints against said management seriously.
Do not Apply
Senior Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, OntarioOctober 1, 2014
Pros: if your looking to die, this is a good place to punish yourself for the sins you have committed
Cons: it steals your soul every single day.
The lowest of the low. I highly recommend that you do not work here for more then the first month. The Operations Manager is a joke. She is a Horrible Human being. They started treating there tenured advisor so poorly that they went from having 175 staffed to under 25 in under a year because of how poorly they treat there staff. The three head people – more... in charge have run New Comm, Sitel, Convergy's into the ground. I would suggest any other place in the world then this place. Get a job at tim hortons it has a higher pay rate in the long run. I worked for the company for multiple years. Stay away like the plague! – less
A depressing place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ChathamSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: learning new systems, when you actually get to help a customer
Cons: cannot make future plans, not a lot of help, bad attitudes, unorganized, crowded, stressful
I went in to this job knowing it would be stressful and that the turnover rate is really high. I thought I would be able to stick it out for at least a year or so.. I was wrong. The training for the job was great and very thorough but nothing can really prepare you for once you hit the floor. It was so difficult at first because it was often very tough – more... to find a supervisor/TL for questions or assistance. I felt like I was guessing most of the time.

Many TLs clearly could not care less about helping anyone (employees nor customers). I came across many situations that TLs often did not know the answer to either and would just guess to give you an answer and shut you up. I avoided my TL specifically because when I would walk up to her to ask a question when I first came out of training she was clearly very annoyed.

There are nice people that work there and that are willing to help out, but for the most part the atmosphere of the place is very depressing. No one wants to be there. No one wants to really help a customer. I was shocked during training when I would hear agents put customers on mute and mock them while they were still talking on the line.

Making any future plans is near impossible since you cannot book days off. You can only trade shifts which only successfully happens once in a blue moon (I only successfully traded a shift once in my 6 months there).

While I was employed at Minacs they were expanding a lot, running tons of training classes and basically just dumping people onto the floor wherever they could fit them. There was not enough support or room for all of the people that they were hiring (although the amount of people they were hiring was necessary since calls were POURING in). Any coaching or team meetings that were ever scheduled got cancelled because there was not enough support. In my six months there I was probably coached 3 times and had never been to a team meeting. Another thing that added a lot of stress to the job was that they never allowed you the time that you need to call customer's back to follow up (yet you would get in trouble if you did not do so). This was also because they did not have the necessary amount of staff to handle the call volume.

At the end of my six months employed at Minacs I was more stressed out, drained, and desperate to leave than I had ever been. The day I quit was a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders.

The job itself is not what I found horrible, it was the surroundings, attitudes, lack of support/help, and unorganization that made the job unbearable for myself.

P.S: the bathrooms are disgusting. – less
Fun and interactive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 9, 2014
This company is a team environment in which each one of us helps each other on a difficult customer service call. Everybody is friendly. I learned a lot on the Rogers products and services and how they will benefit the customers. I would receive over 30 incoming calls per day and would efficiently resolve each call in a professional manner. The hardest – more... part of my job is dealing with irate customers and being able to assist them. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer acknowledges and appreciates my assistance and my ability to resolve their issue. The would ask to speak to my manager and tell them on how wonderful I have been on the phone and how well I resolved their issues. – less
GOOD COMPANY
Customer service Rep (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 28, 2014
IT IS VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK WITH
I HAVE LEARNED A LOT WHICH HELP ME TO GET BETTER JOB.
ITS A LEARNING CURVE FOR MY CARER
It's a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: bennefits
Cons: 325+ calls daily- no breaks
Place is okay to work, however it has it perks. Taking calls (325 calls daily) no real appreciation for what is done. Stalemate. Happiness is coworkers and Team leaders satisfaction of proper encouragement. Makes a laggy dry day bearable.
Enjoyed work environment but it was limited in all other aspects of business
French Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioAugust 20, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: management
Good field of employment but management could have been more effective
Good
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 9, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: no public transportation
Nice company to work with. A management team is really good. All are very supportive.
Good people bad pay
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 7, 2014
Pros: its a gig
Cons: pay, hours and headaches
This is a underpaid call in centre job for the most profitable company in the world. I just plain do not respect the fact you cannot afford a car to get to work from this place.
When you have to make choices like can I afford to eat today, its just not worth it
I would never say a bad word about the management or trainers, some good people who try hard – more... to keep you employed – less
Soul Crushing Call Centre
Team Leader (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great people!
Cons: loss of soul.
I worked with Minacs for a little less than 3 years during their transition period to Aditya Birla Minacs. The culture and management approach quickly took a turn for the worse once the company was bought out. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with, the environment was much to hostile to stay.
Very good place to apply acquired skills and develop new skills and update oneself with new technologies.
Network Design Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: energetic team who share ideas and concepts. great learning experience.
Responsible for designing and deploying the interoffice, backbone networks.
Discuss about the suitable network topology and implement the same after brainstorming.
Implementing routing protocols.
Scheduling downtime and performing maintenance and upgrades in the network.
Decent benefits and good people, work days are on flex which gives a bad balance to work and social life
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 18, 2014
Typical call center 9-9 1/2 hours and you could be working 3 days before a day off or it could be 10, repetitive scripted calls, people at work are great, the benefits are alright.
Friendly Environment
Computer Software Support Advisor (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 3, 2014
Minacs was a good place to work...the staff were helpful in teaching the necessary skills to perform the job successfully.

Learned to troubleshoot Apple Computer software issues

Co-workers were energetic and great to get along with.
Helping customers with their issues was the most enjoyable and satisfying aspect of the job
Some customers could be – more... really difficult to deal with – less
avoid companie !!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBJune 13, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
always looked for reason to give you bad info , not good management , everything always changes so you never know what to do in your job , always reasons not to give raises left this job after 2 years . stressful not sanitary chairs where not good and computer pay was ok but not for the stress you had to endure everyday ..

if i knew this before i would – more... of never ever worked there !! – less
Excellent place of employment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: staff events, loyalty and performance awards, fun staff
Cons: technical knowledge and constant upkeep required.
A typical day at work was structured, organized and enjoyable.

I learned a number of technical skills with various electronics including computers.

Management was always friendly and helpful, with equal parts consideration for the company and for its employees.

Co-workers that I met were friendly and helpful, many of whom I still have today as friends.

The – more... hardest part of the job was the vast amount of technical information required. I can't talk about the client, but it was computer related and this is a very broad spectrum of customer serves issues.

The environment was always fantastic and the best part of any call centre job (in my experience) is the fun and enjoyable people you meet on site. – less
Horrid place
Wireless Multimedia Senior Advisor (Former Employee), niagara fallsJune 8, 2014
it was a very horrible place to work. always underpaid always having to look over your shoulder. no respect for loyalty and just all around disaster of a company. avoid at all possible
Aditya Birla Minacs
Technical Support (Former Employee), Peterborough, OntarioJune 5, 2014
Job was ok asa starter job if you can handle a high stress, low pay job
Casual. Pleasant. A lot of turnaround.
Employee (Current Employee), Niagara FallsMay 9, 2014
I like working for Minacs.
There are tons of complainers here reviewing, but what they aren't saying is the benefits of working here.
1 - You aren't on your feet all day flipping burgers or pouring coffee.
2 - Every second weekend off.
3 - Free coffee.
4 - Free parking.
5 - Little perks, little incentives, monthly bonuses.
So those people complaining, – more... yes, your shift might suck, but it could be a lot worse. You are NOT being constantly harassed by management, just do your job and don't screw around. Actually show up, get paid, and with your tenure hopefully you will end up with an OK shift. Not saying this is a career, but its a pay cheque. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Aditya Birla Minacs

Minacs is a leading business solutions company that partners with global corporations in the manufacturing, retail, telecom, technology, – Read more

Aditya Birla Minacs Photos