Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HORRIBLE!
Workforce Management (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 1, 2015
Pros: it is a job
Cons: it is a job
Only one word describes my experience within Minacs, and that word is HORRIBLE. Upper management was completely useless and if you weren't a favourite, then you were not included. Care more about business aspects than accommodating their employee's needs. Would rather see an employee go than make an honest effort to keep them.
A day at minacs
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Long commute
Minacs was great for the first few months for me. I did not have a team lead when I started and when one was finally assigned she was a person I could not stand. After she came in all teams had to sit together in assigned seating rows and she was always standing over your shoulder or watching your screen to make sure you are doing the correct things. The main annoyance outside of the clear lack of trust on how we are doing our jobs is, the lead was not trained in the area we were working in which thus meant she had no idea of if we were doing our jobs correctly or not.
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Port Hawkesbury, NSJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Nice work stations with comfortable chairs.
Cons: Stressful for me.
Took incoming calls all day for 8-10 hour days. Dealt with customers payments. Customer complaints would be dealt with us but if escalated were put through to a supervisor. Supervisor listened to our calls and would rate us. Got rewarded for good calls.
I enjoy my team but the management is poor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches sometimes
Cons: American companyso I do not get Canadian holidays off
The work that you do and the amount that is paid to the employee does not align. The management is more worried about themselves then the employees. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. The setup is poor and if it was not for the small team I currently work with I would have left a long time ago.
good salart & benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 13, 2015
 Answer inquiries and provide information to customers
 Explain the type and cost of services offered.
 Sell merchandise.
 Receive payments.
 Receive and log complaints
 Money-Transfer Services
Good working environment
Technical Support (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 6, 2015
A nice place and environment to work. Training is provided, there is enough floor support while on the job itself. It helps creates self confidence.
Don't care to answer these
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 6, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
A company that was made so that other companies can not pay their own workers a living wage. Poor management poor computer systems little or no job culture or employee support. A really poor excuse for a company to work for.
Great place to work, need better management in some departments
Onstar Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: love engaging with people
Cons: inequality
A typical day at work has its ups and downs due to the extremely high call volume and people from all over the world, althought i did truly enjoy my job. the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to speak to people from all over, assist them with any request they had. Knowing that with my assistance and conversation, I had made someones day better, is more than rewarding enough for me.
I feel that management is run very poorly and unfair in some, not all, departments.
The Co-workers and Team Leaders were all a pleasure to work with, it was an Onstar family. Every one stuck together and helped eachother out.
A really family-oriented atmosphere
Customer Service Advisor - Apple (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 24, 2015
Although it may appear to be your typical run-of-the-mill call centre, it feels like the management at Minacs take great pride in their workers, and make them feel more like family. I've learned a great deal about the campaign I am currently doing, and I've definitely enjoyed those who have been there to help guide me every step of the way. Being in call centres before, I was able to quickly adjust back to the call centre environment, and although I still stumble a little bit, I know that I've got great support in all my fellow co-workers.
Psychologically a very difficult place to work
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria on site, friendly team leaders, benefits after probation
Cons: Long hours, irregular days off, made to feel disposable, broken equipment, etc
There are hundreds of workers on the floor at a time, but no structured seating. So, every day you're working beside someone that you've never seen before. Team Leaders change weekly, and notifications are sent out by email which let you know their name. You cannot email out, so issues with your Team Leader must be done in person (only an issue if you haven't met them yet and don't know what they look like). Most chairs and desks are broken, so it's difficult to find a place to work before your shift. It can take about 20 minutes, and usually you end up settling for something that's close enough. The hours can be very long and your days off could be at opposite ends of the week. So, you could end up working 11 hour shifts for almost 2 weeks before seeing a day off. The time between calls is about 3 seconds, so there's no time to take a sip of coffee, for example, and the average call is about 45 seconds. Employees are expected to keep up to date on emails and forums between calls (again, about 3 seconds between calls). There is a substantial amount of information to read, and forum articles have a quiz at the end of each to make sure that you're absorbing the information. There is always a possibility that you're going to get an emergency call, even if you're not in that department. The turn over rate is very high, which can be depressing. Not 1 person from my training class of about 25 was still there a month after training finished. Emails were sent out from time to time saying it was too busy, so bathroom breaks wouldn't be permitted for the next x amount of time. The possibility – more... of something close to a Monday-Friday, 9 - 5 is about 0, even for employees that have been there for years and years. We were also told once that in the event of an emergency, we were not allowed to leave until we were given a go ahead and calls had been routed to another location first. The specific example of a bomb threat and tornado was given. In the event of a bomb threat, we were expected to continue to take calls while police/police dogs searched the building. There was a cafeteria downstairs, which was nice, but the service was really slow and the breaks weren't very long, so you wouldn't have time to finish your meal before heading back to the phones. And lastly, when I started, we were given the sick line number, but was not told that you also had to call a second number to speak to your team leader. During training, the class was reminded almost daily that we might be "asked not to come back". As a bottom line, it's run as a well oiled machine, but you as a person are disposable and they will remind you of that on a regular basis (as a class, or team, etc), and you are very anonymous. – less
It wasn't always about work, they liked to have fun as well.
Techincal Support Representative - Senior Advisor (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: They had a lot of team events.
Cons: Sometimes it was hard to meet all the Metix's that you needed to.
I had a great time were I work, they cared about me as a person as well as an employee. I wasn't just a number to them.

That's all that I have to say.
Great start to work in a call centre environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 1, 2015
Cons: Not being acknowledge for Good Work and Schedules
Great start to work in a call centre environment, everyday you will learn something new, product changes..i loved meeting my co workers
CSR
Canada Post Rep (Former Employee), hamiltonMay 29, 2015
My time at Minacs was a good experience and the people there were great. The training sessions were very in depth and provided you with everything you needed.
Fast paced environment
OnStar Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 28, 2015
Good support from supervisors and managers as you begin your work there. Very fast paced environment and mentally exhausting though.
Good Job with Room for Advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free Detroit Tigers and Detroit Red Wings Tickets, Dress Down Fridays, Room for advancement after 6 months or potentially less.
Cons: During an 8-hour shift, you only make 7.75 hrs worth of pay.
This job is stable and you can always go back to it if you would like since they are always hiring. It is a constantly changing environment that will keep you on your toes, but this allows for personal and professional growth in the customer service industry.
a stepping stone opposed to a career
Customer service advisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, OnMay 27, 2015
Pros: the jobs there and you'll get hired
Cons: long hours, short breaks, bad schedules
The workplace at Minacs is very mentally draining with a high volume of calls for 9 hours, you have 3 breaks; two of them 15 minutes and one lunch break of a half hour, the management is quite difficult to deal with, if you want to have sundays off for faith, consider it imposible this a life decision 100% neither understood or appreciated. The training modules are out of date which cause set backs while learning but the handouts are helpful, training is heavily based off of mere completion of tests so regardless of understanding you'll get through it answers are read out to the training room in a checklist fashion, many people in your class will quite the first week out of training and slowly but surely your personal life will take a toll from exhaustion, the people are great though, job just has little to no support for personal life balance
Great community vibe
Technical Phone Support (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: Cake on birthdays
Cons: Differing expectations of performance
This job provides a sense of community, as the teams work together, and against one another, in the spirit of providing the best customer service possible
Opportunity for advancement
Team Leader (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 20, 2015
An average day would consist of checking emails immediately to see if any new policies had come out or if there was any other important issues that needed my attention. I would then review my team members phone call recordings to assess where they were excelling and where there was room for improvement. Some days were spent in meetings either being taught new policies or teaching new policies. I would also have to handle escalated calls on a regular basis. When working with Minacs I started as a customer care representative, then started to help train the new hired people on the floor. as the company grew so did I when they offered me a position working with customers that were in what was described as an escalated situation. Within months of that I was offered a position to lead a team of about 15 people. I enjoyed working for Minacs greatly and appreciate the skills I learned there.
stay away awful job
iTunes account and billing (Former Employee), Niagara Falls OntarioMay 12, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This job doesn't even get a one star in my opinion , first of all training is 3 weeks and you get trained on things you learn in grade 2 not enough time listening to calls or taking calls , so stressful pay is awful should be getting at least 13$ an hour you have to deal with so much stress and trouble shooting , can only book 4 days off a year and u get the same shift for a month with no choice mine was 3 to 1130 Monday Tuesday off , your senior advisors hang up on you when you need help , I walked out one day couldn't handle it !! stay far away turn over rate is CRAZY !!!! No one stays
A typical week at work.
Customer Services Representative & Sales Agent (Former Employee), Riverview, NBMay 11, 2015
Pros: incentives, bonus, great staff, fastpaced, job security, and room to advance.
Cons: not flexible and horrible hours, minimum wage, overworked & underpayed
A typical day at work was inbound calls from customers wanting to activate their credit cards and then I had 5 minutes, 2 rebuttals and alot of pressure to sell the insurance on the card.

It was the balance protector and I really loved my team leader and the staff at my work so it made the job that much better and easier as I worked day in and day out with the same script and inbound calls.

We also won prizes and money for being a top performer which I was top 10 in the Maritimes in my department.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aditya Birla Minacs

Minacs is a leading business solutions company that partners with global corporations in the manufacturing, retail, telecom, technology, – Read more

Aditya Birla Minacs Photos

Great Opportunity! Hiring Customer Service Representatives!
Minacs Niagara Falls Hiring!
Break Time