Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good coworkers and managers but not much room for job advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 3, 2015
Good benefits, but not much room for job advancement, and too much forced overtime.

The managers are all great and coworkers are awesome, along with customers.
A company to remember
Bilingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: management interaction with employees.
Cons: long time to get dental benefits
Working at Minacs was a pleasure, we had a spacious place to work a good atmosphere surround us and wonderful team leaders that give us a special coach, I learned to be more attentive for my goals that was designated for me and achieve it with a good reward by being three consecutive months awarded as the Brazilian Top Performance Quality.
The hardest part of my job was working with diverse soft wares which at the beginning consumed a time but a got my goals right on the spot.
The most enjoyable part of my job is interact with people and help them with their problems and make them feel as a important customer for the company I represent.
fun energetic place to work
customer service (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 28, 2015
All of the employees and th customers are fun to talk to... it becomes a family atmosphere.

the hardest part of the job would have to be telling people that they would have to be transfered to a different department
Great training, and a great team culture
Telecommunication Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fredericton,NBFebruary 18, 2015
During our training the trainers took the time to make sure that everyone understood the information that they were learning. Team leaders were all great, fun and understanding.
meh
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 18, 2015
corporate focus is primarily on bottom line.

company chooses to institute changes to job descriptions at their own leisure.

company depends and thrives on turn over.
Great team environment
centre representative (Current Employee), HAMILTON ONTARIOFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at work was busy and i learned how to listen and take care of the customers needs and the management was really good at their job my co workers were awesome it was a good team environment and the hardest part of the job was when it was busy keeping up with clenliness and serving the customers the most enjoyable part of the job is going in and seeing fellow co workers
Fast-pace but lackuster
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: fast-paced
Cons: lackluster, bad team leads
this job may start out fun but after about a month you start to see that everything you do is at a disadvantage. That's a quick summary.
this is a nightmare on a beautiful lakeside setting
subscriber advisor (Current Employee), OntarioFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: nice view during lunchbreak
Cons: the list is relatively endless
I have read several of the reviews for this workplace and all of them were very kind. I too was working for the OnStar division, subscriber segment to be precise, and it was worse than anything I could have imagined. While in training you were mislead from the interview on. You were told raises would come at a 3 month period when they came a 6 months, you were forced to pay for criminal reference checks and credit reports that you never got a copy of, forced to work with sub-standard equipment in the form of headsets and the workstations are filthy and the chairs are stained with everything from food to blood. You are constantly reassured that there will be plenty of professional support once you are out of the various stages of training, but once you are on your own help is hard to find, and management is always looking to thin the heard, the truly good supervisors, the ones who care about staff are often targeted as not being team players because they care about the welfare of the people working there, and not just generating profits for management, and meeting quotas and making sales projections. I can say with some confidence Elaine Minacs would be rolling over in her grave if she knew what the present owners had done to her beloved company!
The most you can earn salary wise here is $12.80, its not a hard job to by-pass, unless you are a glutton for punishment, don't apply ton Minacs.
Wonderful staff horrible company
Western Union Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: wonderful staff, minimal health benefits
Cons: everything else
There is absolutely no consistency at this company. They will constantly change your schedule up until the last minute even on the day of an expect everything to be the same. Everyday the rules and policies would change and you were expected to do go with it without any discussion. There is a lack of communication between upper management and the supervisors on the floor so each person you go to for assistance with an issue will give you a different answer. another issue is there is no flexibility for staff that have special needs, for example staff with children that need to work specific hours or need consistency. The only thing that keep me going into work each day was the amazing people that I work with.
Minacs
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), MonctonFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: inadequate training
While the pay is good (for bilingual) and job itself is not that difficult, the management is awful. It is a very unorganized and unprofessional setting, with low employee morale.
productive and fun workplace
Customer service Representative (Outbound/Inbound) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2015
productive and fun workplace,good management,
productive and fun workplace
Can be a rollercoaster for scheduling, but there are definitely worse places to work
Technical support (Current Employee), PeterbotoughJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: job security, non-sails oriented, discount on apple products
Cons: scheduling is a disaster, no work life balance
Working for Apple is a bit of a roller coaster, at times they are pretty overstaffed and the job will be laid back and work is at a decent pace. But if they start getting more calls, they have nothing against forcing you to work extended hours for over six months, instead of hiring more people, also they will force people in to different departments if needed too. However, Minacs has never laid people off due to overstaffing to my knowledge so that is a definite boon. The Peterborough management and HR department are all pretty understanding and forgiving too.
Managing contact centre staff.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Analyzing reports to identify root causes. Setting short and long term goals and coaching employees. Assisting employees in reaching set goals.
it is a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, NBJanuary 21, 2015
It is good call center to start out with if you never did that kind of work before..

I;ve worked in a lot of different departments in the last 9 years.
Do Not Work Here
Onstar Agent (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: good people to meet
Cons: cleanliness of entire call centre, constantly changing scripting, favoritism, location
Aditya Birla Minacs in Oshawa, ON. Lets start with the good. You will meet some great people. People that you can definitely call "friend". After this, there are only negatives. I had the great displeasure of working for Onstar, General Motors' in-vehicle navigation and assistance system. If you work in the Subscriber department, get ready to spend 9 1/2 hours talking to idiotic drivers on refurbished headsets, broken chairs, and filthy workstations. Forget about sitting with people you know or even your team leader. There are no assigned desks so you could be across the room from anyone you may know. If you happen to work for the sales team setting up the Onstar service for new and returning customers, get ready to be sabotaged on a daily basis by dealer sales reps looking to make themselves look better in front of the customers by revealing company sales scripting. The result: the dealer rep looks good by revealing inside information to the customer and you miss out on sales, commission, and your stats suffer as a whole. Then there's the management. Consider yourself lucky if you are assigned to a team leader that genuinely wants you to do better and will help you to accomplish your service and sales goals. These good team leaders are few and far between. You will see first hand favoritism towards some agents and laziness from team leaders as they pass the buck to team leaders that actually do the work. You will see first hand agents that barely spend time on the phone and are walking around and never get in trouble. Only because they have high sales numbers. If you are thinking – more... of applying at Minacs, please dont do it. The place is a black hole and nobody is happy to be there, unless of course you're part of the management and you pretty much get paid for nothing. There's a reason they are always hiring. It is because after finishing training, people see the reality of what that place is really like. You are nothing more than a warm body that could never take enough calls and are doing more and more without any raise in pay. And if you do end up working there and don't have a car, buses stop running at 11pm and don't run at all on Sundays. So get ready to spend most of your daily wages getting to and leaving work if you're stuck on some insane schedule, and yes you will be put on a ridiculous schedule. Stay away from this place at all costs. – less
Ok for a quick job but not a career and very high stress
Tech Support (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free food i guess
Cons: pay, stress, culture, management
The company lacks any idea what culture is or how to motivate employees. Far too much complaint about money from management but bringing in food is no problem. Some managers are good but others are rude and cruel. I no longer work there and would rather be job less than go back.
Very productive workplace.
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: benefits! excellent management crew
Cons: very demanding hours/long
I enjoy working for Minacs. I love my co-workers and I learned a lot on how to sell to customers while finding solutions to their call to satisfy them the best way possible while working for Bell Aliant. The hours are very flexible and consistant, also the benefits are great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers!
Minacs in a nutshell
Credit Card Application Agent (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: ensentives when we reached quotas
Cons: long hours
My experience at Minacs was very pleasant. The staff was always very happy and there to help you. The management team was very positive and were always there to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the customers on the other end of the line when talking on the telephone. Since it was a call center, this was required of us. Sometimes the connection was not the best, but we always found a way to make it work. I loved my co-workers at Minacs. We were like a big happy family. We always enjoyed each others company.
I feel proud to be an employee of Aditya Birla Minacs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with, It is a friendly and fun atmosphere. I actually enjoyed going in work each morning
Minacs in a few words.
CSR (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: great people, willing to some times work around personal needs.
Cons: lack of open door policy, hard to talk to management about things ( personal or work related), too much he said she said business.
Minacs is a place that is easy to get in to but its not all they show it up to be. Things are not always as they seem.
Things get very chaotic as no one seems to know what any one else is doing. The " information " that is given to us for my project is lacking. There is always something that is missing or hasn't been told or just found out.There is no organizational skills with in management.
The people, other CSR's, are great to work with. Upbeat and energetic.
I have learned how to manage multiple systems as well as time management when it comes to needing things done in a timely manner.
The hardest part of my job is knowing how the place ticks. I find that management and client relationships are not up to par and this causes problems for the CRS's.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to met all of the new people, learning about the ones you have worked with for a long time. Having a good working relationship with the people you spend most of your time with. Minacs has a lot of good people and a lot of potential.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aditya Birla Minacs

Minacs is a leading business solutions company that partners with global corporations in the manufacturing, retail, telecom, technology, – Read more

Aditya Birla Minacs Photos