Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My first call centre job. Educational and a pleasant change.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBApril 21, 2015
Pros: Learning to be a better team worker.
Cons: Low salary.
I enjoyed my time with Aditya Birla Minacs and I always had very good performance reviews. Senior management was aloof and seldom had any contact with people on the floor. Training was adequate. We were told not to be concerned about work being done off shore and three months later forty jobs were lost.
There weren't any particularly difficult parts of the job except with new assignments,where they should have provided better training'
Co-workers were great and provided some enjoyable new friendships.
productive and supportive co-workers and as well upper management very approachable
customer service (Former Employee), Hamilton, OntarioApril 17, 2015
Pros: Great Support
Cons: none
Great work environment. Very supportive co-workers and upper management and floor managers are very supportive in the success of its staff.
meh
Call centre agent (Former Employee), niagara fallsApril 16, 2015
management is silly, the is a group of friends, all management and if your not in that group then you will advance nowhere, but your next job, cheers
A BPO
Team Leader / Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 16, 2015
Call Centre environment

When busy, overtime offered
When slow workers were sent home

The company lost some contracts and jobs were lost.
Good place to start your career
Customer Service Representative iTunes Voice Queue (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: casual work environment
Cons: current work schedule
I have learned a lot about myself here. I am very people oriented and enjoy assisting customers in an inbound call centre environment. The hardest part about this job is my current work schedule. It is not currently convenient for my family life. What I love about this job is the people that I work with. They allow you to enjoy your job and have lots of support to perform your job to the best of my ability.
Minacs
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee), OntarioApril 11, 2015
The worst place I've ever worked. The biggest issue was favouritism. Punish one employee for something five other were doing at the exact same time. Bullying was bad and nothing was ever done with it. I never felt comfortable going to work there as the favouritism led to a uncomfortable working environment. Management was always all over the place and it was never an organized environment. The only thing this job taught me is that no money in the world is worth the stress of a terrible work environment.
customer service Rep
CSR (Former Employee), ChathamApril 9, 2015
Pros: enjoyable workplace
Cons: they have no idea what they are doing business wise, They hire immature teens and it wrecks the business.
I worked for them for 3 years. Had a great time and worked long hours and hard for them, they shut down, fired everyone, and even though i was one of the last people to leave and they told me if they start up again i was going to be a first person to call back, i got called for interview 3 times and no response from them, not even a thanks and not even a call to let me know anything. I really needed a job and they put me out. They arent condsiderate at all. I am a good receptionist and customer service rep. They miss out.
Best job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 6, 2015
Cons: Was laid off
I worked there over 4 years before the employees were laid off. I enjoyed the job and hope to find a CSR job.

It was a challenge at first but I started getting control of it if after a couple weeks
Great people, good product; high turnover in certain areas, fluctuating hours
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 5, 2015
Pros: Nice people, great training
Cons: 24/7 hours, low pay, high turnover
I used this position as a stepping stone to gain some experience in customer service as soon as I left post-secondary school. As expected in any call center, there is high turnover. That being said, Minacs provides very good customer service training to their employees that is transferable to many other industries. The people who work there are very friendly and genuinely good people. Pay in the call centre positions is low, but requirements for the position are also low. The hours are 24/7 (including holidays) and you can be scheduled for any shift, which sucks, but this is explained to you when you are hired. All-in-all, this is a good company that I would definitely work for again (in a different capacity).
unorganized work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chatham, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: honest employees who are helpful and do their jobs
Cons: employees who dont do their jobs
un-designated seating caused many problems as well as lazy employees who do not document or do their jobs properly. i found many times i was fixing other employees mistakes or not helping the customers at all due to restrictions. many unhappy customers.
stressful work environment
OnStar Phone Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 31, 2015
- tremendous amount of phone calls
- customer service type of business
- always hiring
- high turnover
- lots of staff
- high stress
Call Center
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 29, 2015
- This position was a call center for GM's OnStar service, the day consisted of answering phone calls and providing customer service.
- I did not enjoy the environment because my co workers were not as friendly as I am used to.
Gain client confidence simply by meeting their expectation
Greeted and assisted customers in person (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: 2nd break not paid for
Cons: short break
This is a great company that has afforded me with fine experience.
As a Bilingual TSR Person, I was in charge of making calls (outbound) to customers, for the purpose of convincing them to join MINACS. that promised not only to assist but also to help them succeed in their business. My employer relied on me to be professional with great communication and listening skills, and of course to know how to approach customer (with a nice tone) in order for me to be clear concise and to the point. I learned actually to trace products, advised customer on products availability and delivery dates. It was a new and nice call Centre.
There was good on job training and I've improved my communication skills. The hardest part was to sit there having nothing to do, because most of the time, my assigned list was over before the end of the day.
Worst Place Ever
Subscriber (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: everything
This is the worst place ever to work. After training, you are thrown to the wolves. You learn as you go. There is favouritism with those on the phones as well as management. There are people that constantly get away with not being on the phones and you are left to pick up the slack. Its noisy,smells and the equipment is dreadful. Broken chairs,headsets,desks and computers. You are also on a job bid. This means that you bid on the hours you would like to work and the days off..good luck getting what you want because they do not show you how to do it and its one of the rare opportunities where your senority counts. Its depressing and dark in there and if you are in the subscriber department then your calls will be from rude Americans who cant find their way out of a parking lot. They are impatient and dont care that you are trying to help them. Also be prepared for taking up to 2000 calls a week and receive no thanks. management does not support you and when you have questions you have to put your caller on hold and hunt down someone to answer that question for you. it is very stressful and they constantly threaten you with the loss of your job. Unless you are on valium you wont last. Also, the buses do not run after 7pm so be prepared to cab it or go for a long walk to Simcoe St. Minacs has a high turnover rate because they cant keep the good people there with the current working conditions.
Minacs Peterborough
HUMAN RESOURCE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), PeterboroughMarch 16, 2015
Very busy work environment. Challenging every day. I am passionate about the work I do. It can be difficult to work in a Corporate enviroment.
Very Intense
CSR (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: too many systems
Intense work invironment. Out of a class of 30 new hires. I lasted less than 3 months. I was the 3 from last still working at that point.
Nice place to start of in customer service.
OnStar Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: benefits, overtime, quick career paths, you'll feel great helping others
Cons: management above advisers, atmosphere, wage
The job is a mixed bag. Comes with benefits and you are almost guaranteed to move through the company to different departments. Pay is bi-weekly. Hours are all over the place, so don't get too comfortable what times you work.

Management needs to be moved around a bit, some are not really self motivated and need to be reminded to do a certain request. What you realize is you'll be best off figuring out most of everything for yourself and relying on your co-workers. This will help keep you a float.

You'll make friends for sure, but job atmosphere is quite depressing. Definitely many different factors that play into this. However, they are working on getting some sort of social club going to assist this. I'm not sure if that's the most effective way to address it.

Pay as adviser is nothing worth bating an eye at. Overtime is abundant, so take advantage of it since it's always available.

Was fun on the phones helping customers with OnStar, of course there was the odd grumpy customer, every now and again. Nothing too out of the ordinary however.

The turnover rate here is the biggest I've ever seen. Always new people coming in, job fairs etc. Company expanding? Not really, just a lot of people coming and going. This could be addressed if they treated those they have a little better etc.

On a good note however, it really feels great helping people through OnStar.
adequate place of employment some worthwhile challenges some perks and good relationships in an engaging workplace
CSR (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: many
Cons: some
typical call centre environmentadequate place of employment some worthwhile challenges some engaging with other departments
Minacs
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 5, 2015
Call Centre environment in Chatham, ON with several areas of specialization in regards to automobiles. Team environment working under american dictatorship.
Good coworkers and managers but not much room for job advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 3, 2015
Good benefits, but not much room for job advancement, and too much forced overtime.

The managers are all great and coworkers are awesome, along with customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aditya Birla Minacs

Minacs is a leading business solutions company that partners with global corporations in the manufacturing, retail, telecom, technology, – Read more

Aditya Birla Minacs Photos

Great Opportunity! Hiring Customer Service Representatives!
Minacs Niagara Falls Hiring!
Break Time