Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer service (Former Employee), oshawaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Productive community, goal oriented, lots of opportunities to move up. Stressful but they have a stress management program you can call to help manage it.
Enjoyable environment
Customer service Advisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
The job itself was not the most enjoyable due to the poor experiences with customers. However, the workplace environment and co-workers a like brought much joy to the job and made it something to look forward to day in and day out.
Customer Service Repreentative (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Treats and pizza once in a while
Cons: Extra hourss anytime you want some
Enjoy working there, staff and personnel very friendly and helpful.
Allowed overtime as much as we want. Treated with respect and courtesy. Fun and relaxed environment to work in. Always somebody available to help and talk to.

Unfortunately it is closing in November. Looking in the same field in customer service. I enjoy helping customers and guiding them on the web site and provide them with information and answer to their questions and needs

Regards
Jeannita Roy
productive and fn workplace
OnStar Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Oshawa,ONAugust 21, 2015
It was an amazing place to work just too far from home. Taking three buses in the winter. The turn over there was amazing and people were really nice to work with.
A great product Onstar
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: Capped wages and never a weekend off. Usually when requested days off on weekends are denied.
Unfortuantely wages are capped at Minacs or I wouldn't be looking for another job. The hardest part of the job is never having weekends off.
stressful environment
customer service ambassador (Former Employee), oshawaAugust 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pressure, management, salary, hours
A typical day at work is having to show up about 20 minutes before you start work.
As soon as your time is clocked in, you are under the clients eye until the end of shift.
They monitor all activities from your phone.
If you go over time you will be penalized.
They ask to provide best customer service, but will suffer if you go over talk time.
Empathy: they ask you to use this as soon as a customer – more... has an issue.
If you are late for your brake they will call you and tell you. If you are 2 minutes late you will be penalized also.
Computer issues on a daily basis or phone.
co-workers keep each other up and going and from leaving this place as they need us.
the most enjoyable time of this job is break and 30 minute lunch.
Management sucks big time. This a bilingual work place as we deal with customers across Canada. There are no French management. So our customer wait up to 3 days for a call back. While English customers wait up to 4 minutes. – less
Great work environment
Bilingual Customer Care Ambassador (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 11, 2015
This company has great people working for it but it is very stressful for a single mom.

I love the work environment and I love the people I work with but the long hours and stress that comes with it does take a toll on you.
Routinely breaching human rights
CSR (Former Employee), N.FallsAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great if you enjoy being treated like trash
Cons: Complete lack of integrity, divisive and manipulative
Company is owned by Indians so expect to be treated like a dog (as they treat other Indians: no discrimination there!). They will manipulate stats to ensure you don't get bonuses. Change shifts on a whim, routinely overstate break/late times, chiselling time off your salary. Don't bother asking for days off they will be denied. Overall I have never worked for a company who will lie on a regular basis. – more... EVERYTHING is done electronically so you never have written proof of anything and all your logging information is wiped after a short period of time. Average length of service 5-6 months. First class employees and even managers are walked out the door after loyal (and first class service). That companies like this are allowed to operate in Canada is a disgrace to the politicians and human rights – less
Good place to work, great people to work with
itunes billing customer support - email (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: easy job, fun people
Cons: long hours, time goes by slowly.
Minacs is a great place to work. The people are nice and as long as you try at your job nobody gets on your back. Management is very flexible and will help you move shifts if needed.

The hardest part of the job is the customers and keeping your self from getting too bored.
Terrible.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Niagara FallsAugust 2, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, medical benefits
Cons: terrible management, terrible pay, stressful environment
I worked here for almost 3 years so I've experienced my share of ups and downs. This place has been going down hill for the past year due to poor management and terrible shifts. The pay is terrible for having to deal with angry customers all day. The only plus is the medical benefits and the people you work with make it so you want to go in the next day.
HORRIBLE!
Workforce Management (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 1, 2015
Pros: it is a job
Cons: it is a job
Only one word describes my experience within Minacs, and that word is HORRIBLE. Upper management was completely useless and if you weren't a favourite, then you were not included. Care more about business aspects than accommodating their employee's needs. Would rather see an employee go than make an honest effort to keep them.
A day at minacs
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Long commute
Minacs was great for the first few months for me. I did not have a team lead when I started and when one was finally assigned she was a person I could not stand. After she came in all teams had to sit together in assigned seating rows and she was always standing over your shoulder or watching your screen to make sure you are doing the correct things. The main annoyance outside of the clear lack of trust on how we are doing our jobs is, the lead was not trained in the area we were working in which thus meant she had no idea of if we were doing our jobs correctly or not.
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Port Hawkesbury, NSJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Nice work stations with comfortable chairs.
Cons: Stressful for me.
Took incoming calls all day for 8-10 hour days. Dealt with customers payments. Customer complaints would be dealt with us but if escalated were put through to a supervisor. Supervisor listened to our calls and would rate us. Got rewarded for good calls.
I enjoy my team but the management is poor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches sometimes
Cons: American companyso I do not get Canadian holidays off
The work that you do and the amount that is paid to the employee does not align. The management is more worried about themselves then the employees. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. The setup is poor and if it was not for the small team I currently work with I would have left a long time ago.
good salart & benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 13, 2015
 Answer inquiries and provide information to customers
 Explain the type and cost of services offered.
 Sell merchandise.
 Receive payments.
 Receive and log complaints
 Money-Transfer Services
Good working environment
Technical Support (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 6, 2015
A nice place and environment to work. Training is provided, there is enough floor support while on the job itself. It helps creates self confidence.
Don't care to answer these
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 6, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
A company that was made so that other companies can not pay their own workers a living wage. Poor management poor computer systems little or no job culture or employee support. A really poor excuse for a company to work for.
Great place to work, need better management in some departments
Onstar Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: love engaging with people
Cons: inequality
A typical day at work has its ups and downs due to the extremely high call volume and people from all over the world, althought i did truly enjoy my job. the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to speak to people from all over, assist them with any request they had. Knowing that with my assistance and conversation, I had made someones day better, is more than rewarding enough for me.
I feel that management is run very poorly and unfair in some, not all, departments.
The Co-workers and Team Leaders were all a pleasure to work with, it was an Onstar family. Every one stuck together and helped eachother out.
A really family-oriented atmosphere
Customer Service Advisor - Apple (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 24, 2015
Although it may appear to be your typical run-of-the-mill call centre, it feels like the management at Minacs take great pride in their workers, and make them feel more like family. I've learned a great deal about the campaign I am currently doing, and I've definitely enjoyed those who have been there to help guide me every step of the way. Being in call centres before, I was able to quickly adjust back to the call centre environment, and although I still stumble a little bit, I know that I've got great support in all my fellow co-workers.
Psychologically a very difficult place to work
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria on site, friendly team leaders, benefits after probation
Cons: Long hours, irregular days off, made to feel disposable, broken equipment, etc
There are hundreds of workers on the floor at a time, but no structured seating. So, every day you're working beside someone that you've never seen before. Team Leaders change weekly, and notifications are sent out by email which let you know their name. You cannot email out, so issues with your Team Leader must be done in person (only an issue if you haven't met them yet and don't know what they look – more... like). Most chairs and desks are broken, so it's difficult to find a place to work before your shift. It can take about 20 minutes, and usually you end up settling for something that's close enough. The hours can be very long and your days off could be at opposite ends of the week. So, you could end up working 11 hour shifts for almost 2 weeks before seeing a day off. The time between calls is about 3 seconds, so there's no time to take a sip of coffee, for example, and the average call is about 45 seconds. Employees are expected to keep up to date on emails and forums between calls (again, about 3 seconds between calls). There is a substantial amount of information to read, and forum articles have a quiz at the end of each to make sure that you're absorbing the information. There is always a possibility that you're going to get an emergency call, even if you're not in that department. The turn over rate is very high, which can be depressing. Not 1 person from my training class of about 25 was still there a month after training finished. Emails were sent out from time to time saying it was too busy, so bathroom breaks wouldn't be permitted for the next x amount of time. The possibility of something close to a Monday-Friday, 9 - 5 is about 0, even for employees that have been there for years and years. We were also told once that in the event of an emergency, we were not allowed to leave until we were given a go ahead and calls had been routed to another location first. The specific example of a bomb threat and tornado was given. In the event of a bomb threat, we were expected to continue to take calls while police/police dogs searched the building. There was a cafeteria downstairs, which was nice, but the service was really slow and the breaks weren't very long, so you wouldn't have time to finish your meal before heading back to the phones. And lastly, when I started, we were given the sick line number, but was not told that you also had to call a second number to speak to your team leader. During training, the class was reminded almost daily that we might be "asked not to come back". As a bottom line, it's run as a well oiled machine, but you as a person are disposable and they will remind you of that on a regular basis (as a class, or team, etc), and you are very anonymous. – less
Employees