Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Managing contact centre staff.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Analyzing reports to identify root causes. Setting short and long term goals and coaching employees. Assisting employees in reaching set goals.
it is a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Riverview, NBJanuary 21, 2015
It is good call center to start out with if you never did that kind of work before..

I;ve worked in a lot of different departments in the last 9 years.
Do Not Work Here
Onstar Agent (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: good people to meet
Cons: cleanliness of entire call centre, constantly changing scripting, favoritism, location
Aditya Birla Minacs in Oshawa, ON. Lets start with the good. You will meet some great people. People that you can definitely call "friend". After this, there are only negatives. I had the great displeasure of working for Onstar, General Motors' in-vehicle navigation and assistance system. If you work in the Subscriber department, get ready to spend 9 1/2 hours talking to idiotic drivers on refurbished headsets, broken chairs, and filthy workstations. Forget about sitting with people you know or even your team leader. There are no assigned desks so you could be across the room from anyone you may know. If you happen to work for the sales team setting up the Onstar service for new and returning customers, get ready to be sabotaged on a daily basis by dealer sales reps looking to make themselves look better in front of the customers by revealing company sales scripting. The result: the dealer rep looks good by revealing inside information to the customer and you miss out on sales, commission, and your stats suffer as a whole. Then there's the management. Consider yourself lucky if you are assigned to a team leader that genuinely wants you to do better and will help you to accomplish your service and sales goals. These good team leaders are few and far between. You will see first hand favoritism towards some agents and laziness from team leaders as they pass the buck to team leaders that actually do the work. You will see first hand agents that barely spend time on the phone and are walking around and never get in trouble. Only because they have high sales numbers. If you are thinking – more... of applying at Minacs, please dont do it. The place is a black hole and nobody is happy to be there, unless of course you're part of the management and you pretty much get paid for nothing. There's a reason they are always hiring. It is because after finishing training, people see the reality of what that place is really like. You are nothing more than a warm body that could never take enough calls and are doing more and more without any raise in pay. And if you do end up working there and don't have a car, buses stop running at 11pm and don't run at all on Sundays. So get ready to spend most of your daily wages getting to and leaving work if you're stuck on some insane schedule, and yes you will be put on a ridiculous schedule. Stay away from this place at all costs. – less
Ok for a quick job but not a career and very high stress
Tech Support (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free food i guess
Cons: pay, stress, culture, management
The company lacks any idea what culture is or how to motivate employees. Far too much complaint about money from management but bringing in food is no problem. Some managers are good but others are rude and cruel. I no longer work there and would rather be job less than go back.
Very productive workplace.
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: benefits! excellent management crew
Cons: very demanding hours/long
I enjoy working for Minacs. I love my co-workers and I learned a lot on how to sell to customers while finding solutions to their call to satisfy them the best way possible while working for Bell Aliant. The hours are very flexible and consistant, also the benefits are great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers!
Minacs in a nutshell
Credit Card Application Agent (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: ensentives when we reached quotas
Cons: long hours
My experience at Minacs was very pleasant. The staff was always very happy and there to help you. The management team was very positive and were always there to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the customers on the other end of the line when talking on the telephone. Since it was a call center, this was required of us. Sometimes the connection was not the best, but we always found a way to make it work. I loved my co-workers at Minacs. We were like a big happy family. We always enjoyed each others company.
I feel proud to be an employee of Aditya Birla Minacs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with, It is a friendly and fun atmosphere. I actually enjoyed going in work each morning
Minacs in a few words.
CSR (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: great people, willing to some times work around personal needs.
Cons: lack of open door policy, hard to talk to management about things ( personal or work related), too much he said she said business.
Minacs is a place that is easy to get in to but its not all they show it up to be. Things are not always as they seem.
Things get very chaotic as no one seems to know what any one else is doing. The " information " that is given to us for my project is lacking. There is always something that is missing or hasn't been told or just found out.There is no organizational skills with in management.
The people, other CSR's, are great to work with. Upbeat and energetic.
I have learned how to manage multiple systems as well as time management when it comes to needing things done in a timely manner.
The hardest part of my job is knowing how the place ticks. I find that management and client relationships are not up to par and this causes problems for the CRS's.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to met all of the new people, learning about the ones you have worked with for a long time. Having a good working relationship with the people you spend most of your time with. Minacs has a lot of good people and a lot of potential.
call center
Customer Service / Fraud specialist (Former Employee), moncton, nbDecember 30, 2014
Pros: quartly bonus
Cons: benfits
In this call center it is hard for job security. however other than that this company was alright to work for however the job security is little to none and you have to be able to work effciently on your own.
Very educational and enjoyable job
Technical support for Apple computer products (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 17, 2014
Pros: learn all about apple products
Cons: limited room for advancement.
The people you work with and for are nice. The computers are nice Apples. The money is about what you'd expect from a non-sales oriented call centre.
Rogelio Ofiana Summary
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches and breaks
Cons: more than 12 hours duty
1. Day Shift
2. Has ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
3. Punctual
4. Hardworking and friendly
5. Team player and easy to get-along with
6. Flexible with any job
Do not work for this company.
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Chatham, onDecember 13, 2014
Pros: other agents were great
Cons: everything else
Horrible company. HR is horrendous. Only their favourites get promoted. Some TLs are great but others get by because they kiss their supervisor's butt. Training for departments other than CAC was severely lacking. I wasted three years of my life working for this company and they wouldn't even provide a competitive wage to other call centres. Once you reach 12/hr you're capped. Only reason I stayed was because of the other agents I worked with. There's little to no opportunity for advancement. The available shifts to "cover business need" are ridiculous too. Especially on specialty teams. The facility is a dive as well.
Enjoyable if go with the flow
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Pickering, ONDecember 11, 2014
Took a long time to prove my worthiness under a constant stressful environment, and I felt that I made my contribution a valuable one and had been recognized eventually.
Good people to work with, but not life/work balance.
Customer Service Ambassador (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 5, 2014
Management does not have any concern for the well-being of there employees. They only care about service level of calls and that people are saying things when they want to hear them. They do not care that you try to do your best but never meet what they are looking for.
Call Centre
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 2, 2014
Probably the best call center I have worked in. Easy going environment and pretty great people, but it's a call center. It's not really like any other call center I have worked in.
good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), OshawaNovember 26, 2014
Enjoyed being close to home. Learned about Customer Service,
Workplace
Receptionist/Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2014
Each day at work you are sure to always learning something new.
Management have an open door policy making it easy to communicate.
Co-Workers are friendly and always willing to assist.
The shifts are probably the most challenging part.
I enjoy having a job to get up and attend everyday.
Productive workplace and friendly.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBNovember 20, 2014
Pros: we we're spoiled (ex: barbecue, homemade muffins, chocolate, candy etc.), always celebrated holidays, had themed day every friday
Cons: long hours, breaks, sick days
I enjoyed working at Minacs for a little over 2 years. The Minacs team was a family to me, we support and help each other everyday and try to keep each other positive.
A call center for tech minded people
AppleCare Tier 2 Tech Support (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 15, 2014
A call center for apple products. I was treated alright, never had any issues or complaints.
great evironment and managment was very approachable
Customer Service (Current Employee), Riverview, NBNovember 14, 2014
Pros: free barbecues
Cons: sometimes had to work late
inbound call centre so I spoke with many types of people with many different types of personalities/learned to adapt to client's needs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Aditya Birla Minacs

Minacs is a leading business solutions company that partners with global corporations in the manufacturing, retail, telecom, technology, – Read more

Aditya Birla Minacs Photos