Aditya Birla Minacs

Aditya Birla Minacs Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Do Not Work Here
Onstar Agent (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: good people to meet
Cons: cleanliness of entire call centre, constantly changing scripting, favoritism, location
Aditya Birla Minacs in Oshawa, ON. Lets start with the good. You will meet some great people. People that you can definitely call "friend". After this, there are only negatives. I had the great displeasure of working for Onstar, General Motors' in-vehicle navigation and assistance system. If you work in the Subscriber department, get ready to spend 9 1/2 hours talking to idiotic drivers on refurbished headsets, broken chairs, and filthy workstations. Forget about sitting with people you know or even your team leader. There are no assigned desks so you could be across the room from anyone you may know. If you happen to work for the sales team setting up the Onstar service for new and returning customers, get ready to be sabotaged on a daily basis by dealer sales reps looking to make themselves look better in front of the customers by revealing company sales scripting. The result: the dealer rep looks good by revealing inside information to the customer and you miss out on sales, commission, and your stats suffer as a whole. Then there's the management. Consider yourself lucky if you are assigned to a team leader that genuinely wants you to do better and will help you to accomplish your service and sales goals. These good team leaders are few and far between. You will see first hand favoritism towards some agents and laziness from team leaders as they pass the buck to team leaders that actually do the work. You will see first hand agents that barely spend time on the phone and are walking around and never get in trouble. Only because they have high sales numbers. If you are thinking – more... of applying at Minacs, please dont do it. The place is a black hole and nobody is happy to be there, unless of course you're part of the management and you pretty much get paid for nothing. There's a reason they are always hiring. It is because after finishing training, people see the reality of what that place is really like. You are nothing more than a warm body that could never take enough calls and are doing more and more without any raise in pay. And if you do end up working there and don't have a car, buses stop running at 11pm and don't run at all on Sundays. So get ready to spend most of your daily wages getting to and leaving work if you're stuck on some insane schedule, and yes you will be put on a ridiculous schedule. Stay away from this place at all costs. – less
I feel proud to be an employee of Aditya Birla Minacs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with, It is a friendly and fun atmosphere. I actually enjoyed going in work each morning
Do not work for this company.
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Chatham, onDecember 13, 2014
Pros: other agents were great
Cons: everything else
Horrible company. HR is horrendous. Only their favourites get promoted. Some TLs are great but others get by because they kiss their supervisor's butt. Training for departments other than CAC was severely lacking. I wasted three years of my life working for this company and they wouldn't even provide a competitive wage to other call centres. Once you reach 12/hr you're capped. Only reason I stayed was because of the other agents I worked with. There's little to no opportunity for advancement. The available shifts to "cover business need" are ridiculous too. Especially on specialty teams. The facility is a dive as well.
good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), OshawaNovember 26, 2014
Enjoyed being close to home. Learned about Customer Service,
Worst place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), chatham ontarioOctober 29, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything else
One of the worst places to work. Dead end job with no advancement chances. Horrible management team. Very rude and disrespectful.
Good people to work with.
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONOctober 19, 2014
Co-workers make the day go by quickly.
Constantly answering phones gets stressful.
Management was inappropriate.
HR would not take complaints against said management seriously.
A depressing place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ChathamSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: learning new systems, when you actually get to help a customer
Cons: cannot make future plans, not a lot of help, bad attitudes, unorganized, crowded, stressful
I went in to this job knowing it would be stressful and that the turnover rate is really high. I thought I would be able to stick it out for at least a year or so.. I was wrong. The training for the job was great and very thorough but nothing can really prepare you for once you hit the floor. It was so difficult at first because it was often very tough to find a supervisor/TL for questions or assistance. I felt like I was guessing most of the time.

Many TLs clearly could not care less about helping anyone (employees nor customers). I came across many situations that TLs often did not know the answer to either and would just guess to give you an answer and shut you up. I avoided my TL specifically because when I would walk up to her to ask a question when I first came out of training she was clearly very annoyed.

There are nice people that work there and that are willing to help out, but for the most part the atmosphere of the place is very depressing. No one wants to be there. No one wants to really help a customer. I was shocked during training when I would hear agents put customers on mute and mock them while they were still talking on the line.

Making any future plans is near impossible since you cannot book days off. You can only trade shifts which only successfully happens once in a blue moon (I only successfully traded a shift once in my 6 months there).

While I was employed at Minacs they were expanding a lot, running tons of training classes and basically just dumping people onto the floor wherever they could fit them. There was not enough support or room for all – more... of the people that they were hiring (although the amount of people they were hiring was necessary since calls were POURING in). Any coaching or team meetings that were ever scheduled got cancelled because there was not enough support. In my six months there I was probably coached 3 times and had never been to a team meeting. Another thing that added a lot of stress to the job was that they never allowed you the time that you need to call customer's back to follow up (yet you would get in trouble if you did not do so). This was also because they did not have the necessary amount of staff to handle the call volume.

At the end of my six months employed at Minacs I was more stressed out, drained, and desperate to leave than I had ever been. The day I quit was a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders.

The job itself is not what I found horrible, it was the surroundings, attitudes, lack of support/help, and unorganization that made the job unbearable for myself.

P.S: the bathrooms are disgusting. – less
Fun and interactive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaSeptember 9, 2014
This company is a team environment in which each one of us helps each other on a difficult customer service call. Everybody is friendly. I learned a lot on the Rogers products and services and how they will benefit the customers. I would receive over 30 incoming calls per day and would efficiently resolve each call in a professional manner. The hardest part of my job is dealing with irate customers and being able to assist them. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer acknowledges and appreciates my assistance and my ability to resolve their issue. The would ask to speak to my manager and tell them on how wonderful I have been on the phone and how well I resolved their issues.
GOOD COMPANY
Customer service Rep (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 28, 2014
IT IS VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK WITH
I HAVE LEARNED A LOT WHICH HELP ME TO GET BETTER JOB.
ITS A LEARNING CURVE FOR MY CARER
It's a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: bennefits
Cons: 325+ calls daily- no breaks
Place is okay to work, however it has it perks. Taking calls (325 calls daily) no real appreciation for what is done. Stalemate. Happiness is coworkers and Team leaders satisfaction of proper encouragement. Makes a laggy dry day bearable.
Enjoyed work environment but it was limited in all other aspects of business
French Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioAugust 20, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: management
Good field of employment but management could have been more effective
Good
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 9, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: no public transportation
Nice company to work with. A management team is really good. All are very supportive.
Good people bad pay
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 7, 2014
Pros: its a gig
Cons: pay, hours and headaches
This is a underpaid call in centre job for the most profitable company in the world. I just plain do not respect the fact you cannot afford a car to get to work from this place.
When you have to make choices like can I afford to eat today, its just not worth it
I would never say a bad word about the management or trainers, some good people who try hard to keep you employed
Soul Crushing Call Centre
Team Leader (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great people!
Cons: loss of soul.
I worked with Minacs for a little less than 3 years during their transition period to Aditya Birla Minacs. The culture and management approach quickly took a turn for the worse once the company was bought out. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with, the environment was much to hostile to stay.
Very good place to apply acquired skills and develop new skills and update oneself with new technologies.
Network Design Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: energetic team who share ideas and concepts. great learning experience.
Responsible for designing and deploying the interoffice, backbone networks.
Discuss about the suitable network topology and implement the same after brainstorming.
Implementing routing protocols.
Scheduling downtime and performing maintenance and upgrades in the network.
Decent benefits and good people, work days are on flex which gives a bad balance to work and social life
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 18, 2014
Typical call center 9-9 1/2 hours and you could be working 3 days before a day off or it could be 10, repetitive scripted calls, people at work are great, the benefits are alright.
Friendly Environment
Computer Software Support Advisor (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 3, 2014
Minacs was a good place to work...the staff were helpful in teaching the necessary skills to perform the job successfully.

Learned to troubleshoot Apple Computer software issues

Co-workers were energetic and great to get along with.
Helping customers with their issues was the most enjoyable and satisfying aspect of the job
Some customers could be really difficult to deal with
avoid companie !!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverview, NBJune 13, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
always looked for reason to give you bad info , not good management , everything always changes so you never know what to do in your job , always reasons not to give raises left this job after 2 years . stressful not sanitary chairs where not good and computer pay was ok but not for the stress you had to endure everyday ..

if i knew this before i would of never ever worked there !!
Excellent place of employment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: staff events, loyalty and performance awards, fun staff
Cons: technical knowledge and constant upkeep required.
A typical day at work was structured, organized and enjoyable.

I learned a number of technical skills with various electronics including computers.

Management was always friendly and helpful, with equal parts consideration for the company and for its employees.

Co-workers that I met were friendly and helpful, many of whom I still have today as friends.

The hardest part of the job was the vast amount of technical information required. I can't talk about the client, but it was computer related and this is a very broad spectrum of customer serves issues.

The environment was always fantastic and the best part of any call centre job (in my experience) is the fun and enjoyable people you meet on site.
Horrid place
Wireless Multimedia Senior Advisor (Former Employee), niagara fallsJune 8, 2014
it was a very horrible place to work. always underpaid always having to look over your shoulder. no respect for loyalty and just all around disaster of a company. avoid at all possible

1 2 3 4 5

About Aditya Birla Minacs

Minacs is a leading business solutions company that partners with global corporations in the manufacturing, retail, telecom, technology, – Read more

Aditya Birla Minacs Photos