Aditya Birla Group

Aditya Birla Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work experience
HR Intern (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: lot to learn, helpful seniors
It was a great multinational company. I was selected from the batch of 100 students along with 4 other students to do an internship program with them. It was a great experience.
Do not work here
Manager (Current Employee), Oshawa, OntarioNovember 12, 2012
Worst call center ever. Uneducated management, rules change daily, high volume employee turnover due to unsupporting supervisors, pay freeze for at least 3 years now.
No matter how hard you work, or how well you do on your calls, it is never good enough for them. Incentive pay requirements constantly changed so that it is very very hard to get any incentive – more... any more. Very negative work atmosphere. High rate of firing from CSR's, supervisors to management. Shifts are 9 1/2 hours daily with only one paid break. Anyway they can make cuts to your paycheque has been done. No advancement opportunites. Usually clean house every November. This is why you see job adds for this company every week. No one stays and those that do eventually get fired for some weak excuse that they can find. They are known everywhere in Durham as the worst place to work. Best part....meeting nice people. – less
Leading Entrepreneur in All sector of business
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee), Alleppey, KLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no
It was great opportunity to work with Aditya Birla in my life. In fact that is my first job in my career as an accounts executive. I really proud that what i am in my life now is only that first experience with Birla Group. There systematic work approach and organisational discipline and structure was made my future in accounts field. The main part, – more... they are willing to teach all parts of accounts in the binning itself.

I have started from a cash counter and done export documentation, Sales tax auditing also be a part of there finalization works. – less
Average Workin
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), New Delhi, DLJune 10, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Cons: long hours
The Learning point of view this company is very good.Management is very good of this company.Co workers is very helpful.
my typical day was when i face my first audit of my store i spend the whole night at my store.
my most enjoyable part was when i achieve my sales target within 15 days
ok workplace
sales coordinator (Current Employee), Navi Mumbai, MHMay 19, 2014
Pros: breakfast is provided
Cons: have to adjust according to work pressure
the job is ok every one do their works co-ordinates with each other.
It was encouraging to our achivements
EXECUTIVE - (Documentation for Imports) (Former Employee), UPMay 9, 2014
Management is very supported to career growth. our ideas & suggestion were taken to achieve team growth.
what you learned
assistant store manager (Current Employee), Tirupati, APMay 7, 2014
Pros: k
Cons: k
• As a assistant store manager take care of the day to day operations of the department and ensures maximum profitability for his store.
• Analyzing the monthly, weekly, daily target and plan to achieve the 100% target and discussing the plan with the team.
• Verification of the stock received from the Logistics Department Stock with the Invoice received – more... and cross checking of the Prices & amount which is there in the system.
• Analyze the department P/L, control the costs and increase the sales margin to get the profitability.
• Organizing special promotions, displays, events to improve sales and ensuring100%stock on the shelves.
• Sop implementation in the store.

• Updating of the Products as per MBQ and displaying of the Products as per Plano gram.
• Displaying products with F I F O method.
• Maintenance of visual merchandise as per instructions.
• Frequent updating of prices and highlighting the offers available if any.
• Record maintenance and achieving of the targets on daily basis.
• Ensuring that the floor & products & racks &bins should be clean and hygienic.
• Add on sale to customer & cross merchandise.
• Maintaining hygiene and proper stock level so that it enhances overall sales and image of the store.
• Training, Motivating and monitoring the performance of staff. – less
Much Learning and comfortable place to work
Sales Support Executive (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRMay 5, 2014
Pros: no pros.
Cons: no comments
overall OK experience to work with them, management rules for only sales persons not a wise option to work at back end support.At the same time you learn how to manage or survive during extreme pressures.
GOOD
ASST ENGINEER (Electrical) - (O&M) (Current Employee), CHENNAIFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: xx
Cons: xx
GOOD,
DISCIPLINE
VERY MUCH MORE GOOD
VERY GOOD
MANAGEABLE
R&R SCHEME
Intern (Former Employee), BangaloreFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: not much to do
Every person knows his job well, but does not know about other person's work. This means that the person doing hid=s job is very good at it but does not know what his collogue is doing.
Health, Safety & Logistic Officer (Former Employee), PhilippinesFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free accomodation
Cons: legal working hours
* My daily routine work is to maintained the worker safe without any unsafe condition & unsafe act.
* I learned how to handled more worker
*Good management
*has 134 co-workers
*Every time has a accident happened
*I maintained my good relation to my co-worker for more than 4 years
Good to work
Senior Assistant-HR (Current Employee), Pune, MHJanuary 21, 2014
Good to work for a fresher.Lots of things to learn.
Learn team management along with fun activities
great place to work
Sr. Vice President (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHNovember 23, 2013
Has a clear vision and growth plan. Oppurtunity to interact with people of different nations and understand their work and home culture.
A caring and loving organization.Leaders are transparent and walk the talk. My family has many occasions of meeting people from different countries on business trips.

Honours the group values at all levels. Improves – more... Skills, knowledge and capability of employees by organizing training in a structured way thru external and internal agency – less
fun to work with well new and energetic generation
Control & Instrumentation Engineer (Current Employee), NagpurNovember 10, 2013
very nice group and nice work culture. All the industry depend upon engineers and they are free to do and kind of new innovation.
BETTER OPPERTUNITIES
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee), Kolkata, WBSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: there is no free facilities of lunches
Cons: 8 hours duty
I think it is one the better opportunities for the unemployed young.It plays vital role in decreasing the difficulties of unemployed in our country and improving their personality,skill,smartness and work efficiency. If one wants to build his /her career, he/she can build his/her career perfectly no doubt.
pressure
Assistant Manager Finance (Former Employee), IndiaAugust 29, 2013
i learned how to work under pressure,i handled a big profile with big portfolio enjoyed work with the company.
Productive and fun work place
Group Internship Program (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHAugust 28, 2013
Autonomy is provided to everyone and information is shared within the department which implies a lot of collaboration and contribution from everyone who ranging from the junior level to the senior management.

That said my co-workers are a fantastic bunch with whom I enjoyed spending my internship with. Great atmosphere with a lot of encouragement and – more... support.

Toughest part was the secondary research as it is not always easy to find the required information but that makes it all the more challenging! – less
productivity
retail professional (Current Employee), Delhi, DLAugust 27, 2013
I have learned so many things there as managing store at own level making reportslike DSR, Global count etc. inward outward
Company profile
Server Administrator (Windows & Linux) (Former Employee), HyderabadAugust 26, 2013
A US $40 billion corporation, the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees belonging to 42 different nationalities. The Group has been ranked Number 4 in the global ‘Top Companies for Leaders’ survey and ranked Number 1 in Asia Pacific for 2011. ‘Top Companies for Leaders’ – more... is the most comprehensive study of organisational leadership in the world conducted by Aon Hewitt, Fortune Magazine. – less
about abg
Engineer (Former Employee), Ariyalur, TNAugust 23, 2013
its nice palce to work..we can learn a lot from this great management