ADESA

ADESA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent
Auto Auction Vehicle Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Paradise, NLFebruary 4, 2014
Excellent management, working hours and team approach.
Hard working co-workers.
Good location.
High quality customer service.
FUN AT WORK
3) Test Engineer (Former Employee), COCHINNovember 19, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: stress
GOOD WORK
TESTING AUTOMOTIVE
FAIR
HELPING MENTALITY
LONG HOURS
FLEXIBLE TIMINGS
Great place to work with a fantrastic staff and clients
Customer service E-Business (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 26, 2013
Loved working in this fast paced environment. The management team was great. Love walking clients through different parts of our website. Was a very fulfilling job.
poor location
Automobile Driver/Transporter (Former Employee), Paradise, NLAugust 2, 2012
Cons: poor working conditions
Few hours, Have to work in stormy weather in winter months, Great co-workers, Hardest part of job is snow clearing with shovel, most enjoyable is driving high end cars
Good Company
Mechanic (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2015
Good Company.Work is steady and pay is fine. Managers are ok
Great place
Driver (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 16, 2015
love the people and environment, had no problem doing what i was there for and management was awesome at communicating duties.
Safe and Driven Environment
Transportation Manager/Dispatcher (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2014
Having the opportunity as a Transportation Manager helped me grow not only in this field but as a person as well. I now have the confidence to always stay on task with my workers and work. Having this responsibility helped me realize what I am capable of and able to handle many tasks at once without feeling the pressure. A typical day at work was meeting deadlines, dispatching deliveries and pick up, scheduling, customer service when needed, handling the petty cash and keeping track of it, and managing workers. The enjoyment of this opportunity comes from the environment itself. The satisfaction of deadlines being met and the staff always being on task with duties.
Good co-workers
Driver (Former Employee), Fargo, NDOctober 23, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: poor pay and no job security
If you are looking for a place to work that provides poor pay, little respect, zero job security, a place that has no problem with discrimination, and no room for advancement this very well may be the place for you. For the most part everything is run through corporate, a bunch of people who have no clue how the actual auction works or the value of the people that work there.
fast paced, working in all types of weather
porter for car auction (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: rude managment
fast paced, get dirty, work in all type of weather, have you walking in the rain all day
Horrible place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Mesa, AzAugust 28, 2014
Pros: paid pretty well
Cons: all the bias and garbage on managements part-lack of training
It's all in quantity at this place !! Being one of the oldest people in the department, the younger "girls" had their clicks and attitudes, and were not much help. Training was pretty much" thrown in and do it" and the demand for outrageous amounts of invoices processed was ridiculous. The stress level was unreal, and the management was too busy taking breaks to notice much, I understand why they pay was "do-able" because all of the garbage you have to put up with.
I Loved it!
Vehicle Purchaser (Former Employee), Carmel, INAugust 4, 2014
Pros: very laid back
Cons: training sucks
Co-workers was awesome. Management was great. I loved my job until we were all laid off at the same time.
Driver
Driver/locating cars on lot (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 17, 2014
I delivered cars and picked them up.
I worked the lot to locate cars to mark them for the Auction.
I checked cars in and detailed the cars for the Auction.
Customer Experience Manager
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 4, 2014
Pros: you can dress down
Cons: upper management is terrible and the company is cheap.
Once you hit 40 watch out. They like to hire people in their 20's so they can pay them less. Directors are the the worst managers. They have no people skills. Don't work for this company!
Web based application
Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
The company is an online auction site and i was a tester working on wed based application.
Laziest, Unbusinesslike, and Most Perverted Place to Work
EBusiness Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 18, 2014
Pros: the benefits
A typical day at work would be picturing cars. On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, the job pretty much revolved around recon (the detail shop), and depending on how many cars they put out and needed to be pictured determined if you'd be there for just a few hours, or the whole 8 hr shift. Most of the co-workers are friendly, but when it came to others (mainly managers), they would try to do as little work as possible and try to get you to do their work, or they'd what til the last minute to do it. Speaking of last minute work, when it came to big sales, they would wait til the last minute, to bring you cars that needed to be pictured, which easily could be anywhere between 100 to 200 cars, and they'd expect you to get them all done in one day.

When it came to discipline, they won't write you up for anything, which is the opposite of what they're suppose to do, or if they do write you up, they'll never tell you. And then in the end, they'll try to terminate you over something you were suppose to have gotten written up for, and they'll just make excuses, and won't give a straight answer when asked.

When it came to work tasks, and also helping customers, they don't really show you what to do, and they don't give you the proper equipment to do your job correctly, and thoroughly.

Last but not least, a lot of the employees, especially in the EBusiness department, would talk sexually dirty, perversely, and inappropriate to fellow co-workers, and also around customers whenever they were around. This was not only uncomfortable to be around, but from a business standpoint, it was unethical, uncalled for, and definitely unbusinesslike.
Not challenging. not much room for growth within a company
Title Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2014
A typically day would be calling for titles and collections, correcting rejected titles, recieving and releasing titles. office manager is great to work for. You actually do more than the job requires.
Great learning experince, did and got educated on alot
Security Guard (Former Employee), Yahpank NYMay 30, 2014
Pros: fun, made friends, benifits
Cons: pay, unpredictable shift changes .
I always worked as a police officer and security on the side , this place had me doing security to driving nice cars . Money was a little non-competive, but you make up in crazy hours. Everyday was different so you didn't always do your routine rent a cop gig.
Good, Bad, and Horrible
Online Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee), York, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: company paid travel to las vegas, indy, reno, etc
Cons: i would be here all day
I worked well over my 40 hour per week salary. So there was no work/life balance. GM was aware and did nothing to help change it. Everything was about the GM's favorite managers, if you weren't one of them well life was awful. My pay was good until we lost so many accounts that there was no way that I would be able to reach my goals and receive the bonus. I did however advance very quickly with the company. Management sucks as the location and the CEO of KAR holdings is an arrogant pencil pusher who has no idea about the auction industry and what it takes to make the dealers and employees happy!! I had to Lay off one of my employees who was very good at her job because my GM didn't care for her. Better part is that the GM made her come in with her 4 year old son after her she had left for the weekend!

Everything got so bad that I ended up resigning, and after 3 weeks of no progress as far as hiring my replacement, I had to walk out.

It did learn a lot about the car business and made many lasting friends.
Excellent
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 22, 2014
Pros: exception in time
Cons: reports
Good company, with good work culture.
Good environment for work.
Gained experience in the health care industry
Driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 12, 2014
Pros: free health insurance, 401k, dental, overtime
Cons: breaks
Responds to inquries recieved through phone, answering calls and filling out consumers applications in a office and call center environment. The hardest part was assisting unrudley consumers. The most enjoyable part was making the consumer happy.

1 2 3 4

About ADESA

ADESA (Auto Dealers Exchange Services of America) doesn't sell cars, it sells fleets of cars. The¬†company offers used vehicle – Read more