ADESA

ADESA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FUN AT WORK
3) Test Engineer (Former Employee), COCHINNovember 19, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: stress
GOOD WORK
TESTING AUTOMOTIVE
FAIR
HELPING MENTALITY
LONG HOURS
FLEXIBLE TIMINGS
Great place to work with a fantrastic staff and clients
Customer service E-Business (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 26, 2013
Loved working in this fast paced environment. The management team was great. Love walking clients through different parts of our website. Was a very fulfilling job.
poor location
Automobile Driver/Transporter (Former Employee), Paradise, NLAugust 2, 2012
Cons: poor working conditions
Few hours, Have to work in stormy weather in winter months, Great co-workers, Hardest part of job is snow clearing with shovel, most enjoyable is driving high end cars
Customer Experience Manager
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 4, 2014
Pros: you can dress down
Cons: upper management is terrible and the company is cheap.
Once you hit 40 watch out. They like to hire people in their 20's so they can pay them less. Directors are the the worst managers. They have no people skills. Don't work for this company!
Don't Waste Your Time
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Carmel, IndianaJune 28, 2014
Pros: nice office
Cons: everything
Very poor commission and bonus structure. Un-realistc outbound call expectations and goals. Low morale among employees. No incentive to keep you motivated. Arrogant, condescending management with no soft skills whom do not know how to lead employees. Disrespect to employees. Poor sales training. Hands on job almost immediately but you're expected to – more... bring in results from day one. Pressure from management to achieve un-realistic goals. Your unable to talk to co-workers or even ask co-workers questions without being reprimanded. Micro-managed like kids. Unorganized processes. The company overall lacks a sense of urgency to customers and or employees needs. Not given or allowed time to build customer relationships or follow up, It's tele-marketing not sales. Management wants outbound calls made back to back. There is not enough time in the day/week to complete your tasks, much less, quality time to spend prospecting and build customer relationships, not enough time for follow up. The pay does not justify all the stress, time, effort that you put into it. OVERALL this company is very CONSISTENT in lacking of communication; very poor processes that change day-to-day; managment is disrespectul, employees are intimidated; extremely poor leadership; micromanagement; I also want to make it clear, this comment represents everything that I've seen and experienced within this organization. No longer employed by choice. – less
Web based application
Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2014
The company is an online auction site and i was a tester working on wed based application.
Laziest, Unbusinesslike, and Most Perverted Place to Work
EBusiness Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 18, 2014
Pros: the benefits
A typical day at work would be picturing cars. On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays, the job pretty much revolved around recon (the detail shop), and depending on how many cars they put out and needed to be pictured determined if you'd be there for just a few hours, or the whole 8 hr shift. Most of the co-workers are friendly, but when it came to others – more... (mainly managers), they would try to do as little work as possible and try to get you to do their work, or they'd what til the last minute to do it. Speaking of last minute work, when it came to big sales, they would wait til the last minute, to bring you cars that needed to be pictured, which easily could be anywhere between 100 to 200 cars, and they'd expect you to get them all done in one day.

When it came to discipline, they won't write you up for anything, which is the opposite of what they're suppose to do, or if they do write you up, they'll never tell you. And then in the end, they'll try to terminate you over something you were suppose to have gotten written up for, and they'll just make excuses, and won't give a straight answer when asked.

When it came to work tasks, and also helping customers, they don't really show you what to do, and they don't give you the proper equipment to do your job correctly, and thoroughly.

Last but not least, a lot of the employees, especially in the EBusiness department, would talk sexually dirty, perversely, and inappropriate to fellow co-workers, and also around customers whenever they were around. This was not only uncomfortable to be around, but from a business standpoint, it was unethical, uncalled for, and definitely unbusinesslike. – less
Not challenging. not much room for growth within a company
Title Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 3, 2014
A typically day would be calling for titles and collections, correcting rejected titles, recieving and releasing titles. office manager is great to work for. You actually do more than the job requires.
Great learning experince, did and got educated on alot
Security Guard (Former Employee), Yahpank NYMay 30, 2014
Pros: fun, made friends, benifits
Cons: pay, unpredictable shift changes .
I always worked as a police officer and security on the side , this place had me doing security to driving nice cars . Money was a little non-competive, but you make up in crazy hours. Everyday was different so you didn't always do your routine rent a cop gig.
Good, Bad, and Horrible
Online Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee), York, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: company paid travel to las vegas, indy, reno, etc
Cons: i would be here all day
I worked well over my 40 hour per week salary. So there was no work/life balance. GM was aware and did nothing to help change it. Everything was about the GM's favorite managers, if you weren't one of them well life was awful. My pay was good until we lost so many accounts that there was no way that I would be able to reach my goals and receive the – more... bonus. I did however advance very quickly with the company. Management sucks as the location and the CEO of KAR holdings is an arrogant pencil pusher who has no idea about the auction industry and what it takes to make the dealers and employees happy!! I had to Lay off one of my employees who was very good at her job because my GM didn't care for her. Better part is that the GM made her come in with her 4 year old son after her she had left for the weekend!

Everything got so bad that I ended up resigning, and after 3 weeks of no progress as far as hiring my replacement, I had to walk out.

It did learn a lot about the car business and made many lasting friends. – less
Excellent
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 22, 2014
Pros: exception in time
Cons: reports
Good company, with good work culture.
Good environment for work.
Gained experience in the health care industry
Driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 12, 2014
Pros: free health insurance, 401k, dental, overtime
Cons: breaks
Responds to inquries recieved through phone, answering calls and filling out consumers applications in a office and call center environment. The hardest part was assisting unrudley consumers. The most enjoyable part was making the consumer happy.
fun place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Manville, NJApril 22, 2014
ADESA is a good place to work, i learned a lot about cars in that place. management can be better but they do what they can, they just need to learn hot to treat people better, but is fine. my co-workers were the best, they helped me when i needed to and i helped them too. the hardest part of the job was the disorganization they had on that place.
Good People mixed with not so good
Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaApril 15, 2014
Pros: hard work
Cons: hard to become one of the group- always outside looking in feeling
Good place to work in general, although was very hard to get into the good ole boy group on a daily basis. Adverse conditions & limited access to some vehicles-focus on numbers & inspection count versus accurate assessments without worrying about numbers. No warnings to advise of possible firing although always worked after hours upon request-even though – more... some others did not,bottom line no trustworthy support from management based on job type & conditions including requirements & Unrealistic expectations on a daily basis. – less
need trainning for employee, all is on the job
Roll Back operator / Driver (Current Employee), Pa.April 4, 2014
Pros: injoy co-workers
Cons: little conmunacations.
Most employees are help full and enjoyable to work with. manage is reaction, not pro action.
Aother great oppotunity
Driver (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 23, 2014
I wish I could have stayed longer. Management had great people skills and brought out the best in thier employees. The job atmosphere was so comfortable that at times it felt as though I was'nt even working.
laid back atomsphere
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2014
Pros: company parties
Cons: healthcare
preparing cars for weekly auction

accounts payable/receivable tasks daily

it was a handful of us there with the company so it was like family

Hardest part was closing...it was done all in one day

love my half days on Friday
A decent company to work for
PDR Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: management
It is a good company to work for. Demands are hiring and sometimes required to do 15+ hours days. Your are compensated well for those extra hours.
great company i would work for this company again
mechanic (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2014
fast paced job always something to do

i learned how to be a proficient mechanic and how to work on many different cars

one boss and just me made a great team and management

hardest part of job was the over excessive lifting over 150 pounds

the team and work place made the it the best job ever
They discriminate on sex and outside candidates
Office associate (Former Employee), northern ohioFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: pay, if your a male forget it.
They mostly hire women even though you are well qualified. They discriminate on sex.

1 2 3 4

About ADESA

ADESA (Auto Dealers Exchange Services of America) doesn't sell cars, it sells fleets of cars. The┬ácompany offers used vehicle – Read more