Adecco
4,463 reviews

Adecco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Reliable Temp Service when you cannot find fulltime employent.
General Laborer / Labor Ready (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: if you're willing enough you can work and still make ends meet.
Cons: no certainty in the duration of work assignments, you can work 3 months in the same place or you can work 1 day a week from one place to another.
Typical day consisted of checking first thing in the morning with Adecco Services (on-site) to see if and where my assignment for the day would be. Depending on the various sub-contracts Adecco got there were some jobs that you only went to for one day, and others (provided you performed well as I tended to do) often resulted in repeat assignments at same factories or warehouses as long as the employers needed extra people for the run of certain orders.

I learned how to use certain machines and equipment as instructed per the foreman or supervisor. Since assignment could vary from time to time I learned how to use certain dye cutting machines, assembly machines, garbage bailers, etc.

Depending on how long an assignment could last for there were times when you worked with the same folks who also used the service, but there were also times when you worked with brand new people and making long-term friendships or relations somewhat awkward since it was not a real "team" of co-workers that one sees on continuous weekly basis. For my part I always did my best to get along with everyone I worked with.

Again because of the nature of Temp Services and the different types of jobs you can be assigned there was always a chance of occasionally landing on a very hard and physically demanding job, however my experience was that most of the assignments I got still required some physical endurance here and there but manual dexterity and attention to detail were more in demand than how strong one was. There were some assignments where sometimes you had to work extra hard but it was rare, – more... most of my assignments through Adecco & Labor Ready ranged from quality control, order picking, packaging, and various shipping and receiving duties pending on the job assignment.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to still make enough revenue to keep up with the cost of living expenses and not get into debt, although temp services are beneficial and do provide work for those willing enough to work it is still not a substitute for real employment via an employer or a company. – less
productive and fun place at cricket
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 8, 2014
i like to work with team as well as induall.
i have capability to resove on site problems.
i have good management skills upto a madium size company.
production
production (Former Employee), brockville,onMarch 6, 2014
Worked for Adecco for 3 yrs. Job is coming to an end. They provide employment for only a certain peroid of time then you are let go from the agency.
ok.
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2014
General Labor (Former Employee), Array Toronto ONMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free lunchs, 3 breaks which also includes lunch, finished by 4:30
Cons: no cons
Clock-in from 7:30 am. starting jobs, usually making boxes, packaging boxes, assembling big units, working in shipping and receiving. The workers were majority elderly people or in their late 40's-50's, They were very cooperative and okay to work around. The hardest part of the job I would personally say was the rush at the end of the day to make sure our jobs were completed and able to get wrapped up and shipped out. The most enjoyable part of the job was really only the courtesy lunches once in a while.
Professional but fun environment
Service Tax Specialist (Current Employee), toronto,onFebruary 17, 2014
I enjoy the time I spent at Reliance Home Comfort. I would recommend the company to a potential employee.
Ok Placement Agency
Contract Manufacturer/ Lead Hand (Former Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 12, 2014
I had worked 7 years at Adecco and had mixed feelings about the work environment and management over the years.
Gets jobs but mostly temporary
Receptionist (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: direct pay, online pay stubs
Cons: not long term
This is a good place for temporary jobs thus far. A lot of paperwork and computer sign ups and test just to sign up which can be annoying and excessive for jobs that you won't be at for long.
Interesting challenges
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2014
Company closed down the Canadian Head Office, but it was a great place to work and had some really great people to work with.
A Challenging place to work
On-Site Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: not being stuck at my desks all day, visiting client sites and conducting job fairs
Cons: this job sometimes required working very long hours and sometimes weekends
Screening and pre-screening candidates based on qualification as requested by clients. working in the staffing industry poses a challenge in time management, you constantly need to prioritize your and in order achieve you goals and targets and to have a balance in and outside of work. This industry is very diverse and is filled with opportunity for growth, the things I enjoyed the most were, having the opportunity to meet with new people and new challenges on a day to day bases.
love working with them
Machine Operator (Former Employee), toronto, onJanuary 17, 2014
they easy to work with very manageable in working areas all of the people are very approachable and easy to talk with.
Work Atmosphere is good
Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
It's a nice work atmosphere.I have learned all machines to use and doing it properly.Management is very helpful for giving proper training to the employees.Proper safety measures.Co -workers are really helpful when i need help.Team work is the enjoyable part of the job
Productive but repetitive work
Production Line Worker/Sorter (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: lots of breaks
Cons: slow paced, repetitive
P&G is very easy but repetitive work and is on a rotation by each team. The Swiffer line (line 38) is normally the line my team would be on. The first team member on line 38's job is to add one handle per two Swiffer pads, then next down the conveyor belt the pads and handles will now come out in front of boxes for the next team member to slide them in. After the pads and handles go into boxes, even bigger boxes slide down the line for the next team member to put them in. Finally boxes filled with boxes and Swiffer pads/handles comes down the conveyor belt in front of a skid/pallet where a team member will stack them for another team member to take away using a pump truck so that the lift truck can take the Swiffer's away to get shipped off to transport trucks. This is a typical day at work
Exceptional working environment
Bilingual Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 29, 2013
Pros: high ethical standards, experienced management and senior staff
Cons: no benefits
Although I have only been with Adecco for a short time, I have immensely enjoyed my team and working environment on a daily basis. I am extremely grateful to have such exceptional colleagues who have taught me a great deal and who encourage initiative. As a Bilingual Staffing Coordinator, I have the privilege of meeting a wide variety of personalities as well as honing my professional skills. I am continually learning in my position and look forward to many more opportunities in which to do so through this company.
Stackpole Employee
Offload ,12lbs. pumps (Former Employee), AncastorDecember 18, 2013
Pros: job
Cons: job, boss, no life
No life ,the work sucks ,the Boss treats you like a number ,if your asked to go their your looking at a YEAR wait to get hired ,plus Adecco takes large money from your pocket ,spent 10 months their for NOTHING ,Adecco did nothing for me
inequality
Admin (Former Employee), torontoDecember 17, 2013
They hire candidates based on favoritism and loyalty. You have to develop a loyal relationship in order to get work.
Fun days at work with nice employees
Packager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 16, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: a lot of boxes to move around.
Everyday was nice, especially working with a lot of different types of people. I learned that i have to cooperate with my co-workers at all times. It was nicely managed and everything was nice and tidy. My co-workers were nice and i made friends with a lot of them because they were all friendly. The hardest part of the job was finishing everything by the end of the day, especially if the work load got heavier. The most enjoyable part of this job was what i did, which was packing things into boxes.
work is work
General Warehouse Laborer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 7, 2013
i work long hours, the hardest part of the day is the last break because you want to go home.
Tedious job with no room for advancement
Labourer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONNovember 26, 2013
No room for advancement, "high school" type culture. Job is tedious, repetitive, and requires very little thought. Work schedule leaves little room for social life
fun place to work ( placement agency)
Associate/ General Laborer (Former Employee), Trenton, ONNovember 25, 2013
I was workin gin Brighton in a factory and the job was great and so easy and 90% of the employees got along. good place to work

About Adecco

Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size that makes us different, it’s – Read more