Adecco Employee Reviews in Canada

great temp agency
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  belleville, ONJuly 31, 2015
Adecco was very quick to place me with a great factory that fit my scheduling needs and salary requirement. They assisted me with any need i had and were great with providing detailed information.
Pros
full time hours
Cons
no benefits. temporary position
Great agency
Administrative Contractor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Very accommodating to preferred hours you would like to work, offers placements in reputable businesses, salaries are above most agencies, very friendly and helpful
great place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
typical day at work is learning about the products you are working with. having fun with your co-workers.
the hardest part is if a job is to be completed you have to stay get it done to be shipped out.
enjoyable part walking up and down to find the product to be packed and shipped out.
Pros
free coffee tea creme
Cons
over time
Amazing
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 18, 2015
Amazing coworkers. Amazing experience. Amazing moral and environment.

I learned the determination this company has in assisting people who are in need of work. Their dedication is immaculate. They are able to screen candidates to find the perfect match for each individual client. It's no wonder they are number one. I am proud to have been a part of the team, even if for a small duration of time.
Pros
They do their best to assist people in finding work
Shipping, helpful co-workers
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 9, 2015
Loaded product into trailers, repetitive. Lots of hours, good to buckle down and grind for a summer. However i wouldn't do it year round. Management were understanding, sometimes over-bearing but knew how to get the job done.
Hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with how dirty the trailers were and the heavy lifting. Made a lot of long lasting friendships there and helped me to learn how to deal with jobs that require long hours.
Pros
Great co-workers
N/A
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2015
Delivery mail and parcels .Fun work place with supportive management. Flexible hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Individual places
Temporary assignments -Pharmaceutical Auditing (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 7, 2015
With Adecco you are exposed to a lot of different places. Each place I worked at I enjoyed but the best place was Pharmaceutical Auditing because it related to Health Care. This agency kept me working but I really wanted only 1 job.
Pros
Getting exposer to different companies
Cons
too many different places
Productive and Interesting Co Workers and Other Plant Workers
Supervisor for 20 staff and co-ordinate work (Former Employee) –  Gateway Postal Facility Mississauga, OntarioJune 4, 2015
Daily plans were set by Canada Post and Canada Customs to process the international inbound mail with the floor workers I was responsible for guiding and instructing about the daily changes to the production objectives.
Co-workers were flexible and understanding of the changing environment and met the challenges with a great attitude to get the job done.
Co-ordinating with the two other parties to agree to meet all their objectives and goals was my challenge to ensure we all were on the same page and recognize all the new work involved and how to meet those goals with staffing and equipment provided.
I learned there is always another way to do something when others say there is only one way. There are usually three or more if you really think about what you want done.
Pros
Co-operative team and mature approach to work
Cons
Long hours and working many a statutory holiday
Demanding Environment
Partnership Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 17, 2015
It's a demanding environment with few benefits available and very few opportunities for progress unless you are available to move around.
Very Helpful Company
Centre Service à la Clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montreal, qcJune 15, 2015
They were always there to help you find a new job. Follow ups were great. There is no job security though and can take forever to get hired by the company that they contract you to.
Pros
Get a job fast
Cons
Usually temporary contracts
work and pleasure go side by side
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 22, 2015
it is important to keep a balance between work and personal life. The hardest part of my work was working overnights.I worked as a telephone banking specialist
Partnership Coordinator
Partnership Coordinator (HR Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 14, 2015
I really enjoyed working with Adecco. Great company that values their employees. Management is very welcoming, and make you feel part of the team. The work can be challenging at times, and time demanding but it was very rewarding.
Salary is not enough for my family
Manual & Mechanical Assembly (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2015
i worked in celestica under adecco agency. i have no problem with the company. it's just that I have 3 kids and my salary is not enough. there is no chance for increment.
Productive and fast paced environment with new challenges every day.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  BramptonJanuary 13, 2015
Typical day on the job is generally smooth sailing. I learned a lot of about paying attention to detail when handling information. Management was pretty good , I always like I can talk to them about anything! The people were great and very diverse in culture, values and religion. The most challenging thing was keeping up with the hard work from day to day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers, they made it worth while.
Great people!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - HR - LOBLAW (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 14, 2015
As temp agencies go, they are the best! They check in to see how you're doing, and will work to find the best fit for both the employee and the client.
Pros
Great introductions to a variety of companies.
Cons
too many temp positions
Typical mass temp agency
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 5, 2015
No one working through or for Adecco cares about anything
Day starts out with a safety lecture that is read off a sheet.
Go to the floor where I inspect my area which is usually a total write off, clean up if necessary. Assess status of product in machine, fill low products, then order materials needed.
Check materials for shipping damage, remove any damaged or dirty materials from product.
Diring the shift i would manually put up materials if robot fails to do so.
Keep lines advised of low materials and general status.
Pros
in house cafeteria
Cons
long hours, rapid rotation continentals
Job was nice.
Commercial Document (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2015
People are friendly and helpful. Staffs are open and understanding. Would like to work with them. They find a job that best suits your experience.
seasonal
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 9, 2015
Receiving
Loading and unloading products from trucks/trailers
Distribution of products from central warehouse to individual stores
General cleaning of semi trailers and warehouse area
Stacking and sorting boxes for storage
Pallet jack operation
Forklift operation
Completion of shipping/receiving documents
Responsible for packaging and labelling produc
Pros
nothing special
Cons
short hours
Work Assignments Vary Place to Place
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONDecember 18, 2014
I would be more positive if I knew what category of assignments I would be selected for in advance, i.e. office, light factory, etc., how long they would be, how well they pay, and what's next.

There is no typical day at work-each assignment is different.

I've learned to list myself with several temp agencies to increase the opportunities for work.

Co-workers come and go.

The hardest part of the job is finding more work next.
Pros
free registration
Cons
not knowing what's next
Great company but with some drawbacks
Shipper/Order Picker and Housekeeping-On (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJanuary 25, 2015
Great company but they don't offer the security in employment that I need. Three month contracts aren't as secure as I would like. Management and co-workers are great and accommodating. This is a better place for short-term employment, not so much for long-term.
Pros
keeps me busy
Cons
not a secure job