Adecco Employee Reviews

didnt care about it
Associate (Former Employee) –  1600 Steeles Ave West Unit 30 Vaughan,6 May 2016
I was tired of lifting boxes and moving things in dusty factories with generally older people. I was bored and wanted to hurry up and leave everyday and I didn't care about the worked even though I did it well.
Pros
ok boss
Cons
moving boxes for 7 hours
Enjoyable environment
Sorter/Carrier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2016
Sorting and Delivering mail all over Edmonton, St Albert and Sherwood Park.
All the different locations of the above areas.
Excellent to work with.
Worked well in a team environment.
That being a postal worker is not as easy as people think it is.
Being out on the road all day
Pros
Flexible work enviroment
Cons
When the was shortage of work
unproductive
Machine Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 October 2015
i didnt like it and it wasnt what they had told me it was gunna be i couldnt understand anyone and theres no work except watching a machine
Pros
Cons
bad management, long hours, bad workplace
Very good management
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 May 2016
They are very helpful with employees. Also they will answer your queries at any time without any hesitation.They guided in right way according to your skills.
I worked
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 March 2016
It was a job. Much like every other job. People are delusional if they think in this economic climate that they can have any form of job satisfaction. It was a temporary labour position, I took it cause it's hard to get any employment. It was a job. I worked at it. I did well. They asked me back and gave me consistent work.
Pros
Pay. Different each day. A job.
Cons
Casual. Hard to get a reference.
Great Employees...Poor Management
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 May 2014
Great coworkers, team players, highly educated but sadly, under-utilised. Most have been working here for more than 2 years but are still considered 'temporary' even though track record of accomplishments is strong. Management tends to blame staff for miscommunicated information and most project issues. All the staff works tirelessly: limited breaks, lunches are usually eaten at the work desk; overtime is unpaid above 44 hours [option for 'time-in-lieu'] but is often retracted or staff simply unable to take the time off. Management is often outright rude, condescending or will ignore staff for questioning any 'rules' intended to cover manager 'blunders' or at a whim to meet management needs, desires and goals. High turnover.
Pros
Fantastic supportive co-workers
Cons
No benefits, staff often feel lack of respect and appreciation from management.
Good and the environment is job friendly.
Genereal worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2016
Challenging for the new comer but as soon as you learn the work,it would be easier tot to you.It is good I think for short term goal.
The management team needs more work to become more successful
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2014
A typical day at work was easy, and time passed by at a quick pace.
What I learned was how to ship and receive materials across country and internationally, pack and load items, how to use SAP to track the merchandise, organize materials and change layout of a warehouse to make it more ergonomic.
The co-workers were very good at their job, but the over all attitude was negative.
The hardest part of the job was staying positive and having to learn the job with little to no training from supervisors/managers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to surpass expectations, being able to do the job well and the pay was pretty good.
Pros
good benefits, nice wage, high task load, busy days that passed fast
Cons
little-no training, poor communication, management team wasnt cooperative with on another, negative attitudes, high-turnover for the position I was in
Productive Workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON18 April 2016
I really enjoyed working at Adecco. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Typical work days were 8hrs with lunch and breaks paid for. Was great working for the company.
efficient, productive and fun
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 April 2016
the workload is fairly shared in an organized fashion thus provides an easy flowing environment.
I gained improved work ethics
Exceptional working environment
Bilingual Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 December 2013
Although I have only been with Adecco for a short time, I have immensely enjoyed my team and working environment on a daily basis. I am extremely grateful to have such exceptional colleagues who have taught me a great deal and who encourage initiative. As a Bilingual Staffing Coordinator, I have the privilege of meeting a wide variety of personalities as well as honing my professional skills. I am continually learning in my position and look forward to many more opportunities in which to do so through this company.
Pros
High ethical standards, experienced management and senior staff
Cons
No benefits
Good Job With Great People
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 March 2016
working at exel through Adecco is great you work with great people and you learn a lot, i personally learned a lot with me only being there for about 3 months now
Pros
Paid for the full 8 hours
Cons
no work when they get slow
A Challenging place to work
On-Site Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 January 2014
Screening and pre-screening candidates based on qualification as requested by clients. working in the staffing industry poses a challenge in time management, you constantly need to prioritize your and in order achieve you goals and targets and to have a balance in and outside of work. This industry is very diverse and is filled with opportunity for growth, the things I enjoyed the most were, having the opportunity to meet with new people and new challenges on a day to day bases.
Pros
Not being stuck at my desks all day, visiting client sites and conducting job fairs
Cons
This job sometimes required working very long hours and sometimes weekends
Shipping, helpful co-workers
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2015
Loaded product into trailers, repetitive. Lots of hours, good to buckle down and grind for a summer. However i wouldn't do it year round. Management were understanding, sometimes over-bearing but knew how to get the job done.
Hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with how dirty the trailers were and the heavy lifting. Made a lot of long lasting friendships there and helped me to learn how to deal with jobs that require long hours.
Pros
Great co-workers
Mind Numbing Work
Temporary contract worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 March 2016
Frequently found myself in positions that were unbearable for extended periods of time. hated what they were giving me and what they were giving me was always the same type of work, i expected hard work, not boring repetitive jobs meant for a robot.
Great Leadership
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 March 2016
Very understanding employers at the agency and also the supervisor at the workplace was really nice.

Occasional free lunches and paid meetings.
Pros
Very kind and understanding employers
Cons
Mostly full-time positions
Productive and fast paced environment with new challenges every day.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton13 January 2015
Typical day on the job is generally smooth sailing. I learned a lot of about paying attention to detail when handling information. Management was pretty good , I always like I can talk to them about anything! The people were great and very diverse in culture, values and religion. The most challenging thing was keeping up with the hard work from day to day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers, they made it worth while.
great jobs
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2015
All of the jobs I worked at was fun to work at and enjoyed. The management are great. The only problem I have they do not keep me working.I need to work 40 hrs week as I have a 11 year child. I am looking for full time work with good wages.
Work seriously, management practices, good.
Solder/Rework (Former Employee) –  BreconRidge Corporation22 October 2015
Because work through Adecco to BreconRidge Corporation, BreconRidge Corporation is Sanmina-SCI bought.

So the overall feeling should Sanmina-SCI is the same. Is a great company, management needs to be strengthened.

It must be emphasized that for the employees of Adecco management is very good.
Productive and Interesting Co Workers and Other Plant Workers
Supervisor for 20 staff and co-ordinate work (Former Employee) –  Gateway Postal Facility Mississauga, Ontario4 June 2015
Daily plans were set by Canada Post and Canada Customs to process the international inbound mail with the floor workers I was responsible for guiding and instructing about the daily changes to the production objectives.
Co-workers were flexible and understanding of the changing environment and met the challenges with a great attitude to get the job done.
Co-ordinating with the two other parties to agree to meet all their objectives and goals was my challenge to ensure we all were on the same page and recognize all the new work involved and how to meet those goals with staffing and equipment provided.
I learned there is always another way to do something when others say there is only one way. There are usually three or more if you really think about what you want done.
Pros
Co-operative team and mature approach to work
Cons
Long hours and working many a statutory holiday