Adecco

Adecco Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Gone downhill
menial labour (Former Employee), RichmondMay 6, 2014
Pros: fairly steady..
Cons: lowst wages ever..everything is $11/hr
On and off for over 7 years...Had 1 great assignment 16 months..wished I could work there full time..still have friends there. Other places were just ok. Some were downright terrible. Agents are the worst ever, they used to be personable. Now it is all asian kids with no personality who don't care. Most jobs are barely minimum wage. Girls get the easy – more... desk jobs..guys unload trailers. I did an office evaluation as I do programming. They told me I did OK!!..lol They don't want any males doing office work I guess. I got ALL the answers correct. They refused to give me the results. One place I worked at 2x second time I remember why I quit the first time..same thing girls got easy work..asked guys to help them with heavy stuff..then was let go..no warning..no reason..still guessing why..no loss..too many asian who spoke terrible engerrish..then blame you if you don't understand!! – less
It's a placement agency
Labourer (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 1, 2014
never knew from one day to the next if that was my last day or not
General labour-Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, OnMay 1, 2014
Great people to work with. Need room more advancement. Management was easy to work with and talk to.
Good place to start up career into HR
Recruitment and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 55 Scarborough Town CentreApril 23, 2014
Adecco provided me an opportunity to interact with potential clients and job seekers. I learnt various steps involved up till the hiring of a candidate such as- Short listing resumes for interview,Interacting face to face with associates,Registering associates for their online application ,Conducting tests, interviews and background/reference check, – more... Assisting paper work/forms following the test , Providing customer care service and answering phone calls, working with “Custom Match” software and updating files on the data base and office coordination. Moreover, I also volunteered for undertaking “Payroll Training” to deal with payroll related issues
Management is strict with little flexibility.My supervisor could guide me to touch upon all the objectives I aimed to learn within the company.
The hardest part of the job was to manage phone calls and walk-in registration at the same time. I personally felt the need of more employees within the office. However, it was fun multitasking.
The best part was to interact with the associates from multi national and multicultural backgrounds. – less
They wont let you go directly with the employer
Associate Technician/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2014
Pros: ok salary
Cons: you have to buy benefits, they will never let you go directly with the employer.
After 3 months you are eligible for the benefits but you have to buy them. I worked 1 year through Adecco and never get hired directly. Nobody was. Some people are 5 years with this agency.
employment
Mail room Clerk (Government). (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCApril 11, 2014
I have been waiting for this opportunity to come my way. I am a hard working person and willing to advance in my career. a good candidate for this position I am studious, hardworking, and determined and dedicated to my Job.
Good learning experience working in many different work environments
General Labour (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
I worked at various different locations for many different companies working part-time or full-time depending on the contract. I had the opportunity to learn and adapt to different kinds of environments and to work with a lot of different people. At the time, I was unsure of what I wanted to do if I were to go back to school as well as being busy with – more... music. Now I'm focused on programming and looking to build my career in the IT field. – less
staff friendly and helpful
Data entry (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: lots to learn about the company and very interesting
Cons: wish i had along time in this position
.enter information from invoice on to a budget spreadsheets
.how to gather the information from the manager and coordinator and balance the spreadsheets.
.management gave a lot of respect and helped out where needed
.co-workers were helpful and friendly
.getting use to setting all day but it go easier with time. My last job require me to move around – more... more.
.get thing done on time and well. Also learn a lot from the coordination – less
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: .friendly co- wokers
Cons: we worked 6 days a week every week
I liked working here I learned a lot in a short period of time, I made a lot of friends in a short period of time .I learn how headlights , taillights and reflectors were made for all types of vehicles
fun staff
1 General Labourer (Former Employee), guelph ontarioMarch 23, 2014
Pros: learning how to manage prts properly
Cons: the only thing is no cafeteria
i enjoyed working with them
friendly knowledgeable staff
taught me to make any reports even when you injure yourself
friendly and fun coworkers
meeting then straight to your post
breaks were fine
the hardest part of the job i always trying to get all the right parts to the next stage without any problems
best part was learning about what and where the – more... parts were for and how they function – less
Greedy Company
Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 16, 2014
poor company. does not care about workers and low wages. workplace was always a place of verbal abuse.
Very productive work place
General Labourer (Current Employee), Scarborough, TorontoMarch 12, 2014
It is a wonderful environment where staff learn to work as a team.
Reliable Temp Service when you cannot find fulltime employent.
General Laborer / Labor Ready (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: if you're willing enough you can work and still make ends meet.
Cons: no certainty in the duration of work assignments, you can work 3 months in the same place or you can work 1 day a week from one place to another.
Typical day consisted of checking first thing in the morning with Adecco Services (on-site) to see if and where my assignment for the day would be. Depending on the various sub-contracts Adecco got there were some jobs that you only went to for one day, and others (provided you performed well as I tended to do) often resulted in repeat assignments at – more... same factories or warehouses as long as the employers needed extra people for the run of certain orders.

I learned how to use certain machines and equipment as instructed per the foreman or supervisor. Since assignment could vary from time to time I learned how to use certain dye cutting machines, assembly machines, garbage bailers, etc.

Depending on how long an assignment could last for there were times when you worked with the same folks who also used the service, but there were also times when you worked with brand new people and making long-term friendships or relations somewhat awkward since it was not a real "team" of co-workers that one sees on continuous weekly basis. For my part I always did my best to get along with everyone I worked with.

Again because of the nature of Temp Services and the different types of jobs you can be assigned there was always a chance of occasionally landing on a very hard and physically demanding job, however my experience was that most of the assignments I got still required some physical endurance here and there but manual dexterity and attention to detail were more in demand than how strong one was. There were some assignments where sometimes you had to work extra hard but it was rare, most of my assignments through Adecco & Labor Ready ranged from quality control, order picking, packaging, and various shipping and receiving duties pending on the job assignment.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to still make enough revenue to keep up with the cost of living expenses and not get into debt, although temp services are beneficial and do provide work for those willing enough to work it is still not a substitute for real employment via an employer or a company. – less
productive and fun place at cricket
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 8, 2014
i like to work with team as well as induall.
i have capability to resove on site problems.
i have good management skills upto a madium size company.
production
production (Former Employee), brockville,onMarch 6, 2014
Worked for Adecco for 3 yrs. Job is coming to an end. They provide employment for only a certain peroid of time then you are let go from the agency.
ok.
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2014
General Labor (Former Employee), Array Toronto ONMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free lunchs, 3 breaks which also includes lunch, finished by 4:30
Cons: no cons
Clock-in from 7:30 am. starting jobs, usually making boxes, packaging boxes, assembling big units, working in shipping and receiving. The workers were majority elderly people or in their late 40's-50's, They were very cooperative and okay to work around. The hardest part of the job I would personally say was the rush at the end of the day to make sure – more... our jobs were completed and able to get wrapped up and shipped out. The most enjoyable part of the job was really only the courtesy lunches once in a while. – less
Professional but fun environment
Service Tax Specialist (Current Employee), toronto,onFebruary 17, 2014
I enjoy the time I spent at Reliance Home Comfort. I would recommend the company to a potential employee.
Ok Placement Agency
Contract Manufacturer/ Lead Hand (Former Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 12, 2014
I had worked 7 years at Adecco and had mixed feelings about the work environment and management over the years.
Gets jobs but mostly temporary
Receptionist (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: direct pay, online pay stubs
Cons: not long term
This is a good place for temporary jobs thus far. A lot of paperwork and computer sign ups and test just to sign up which can be annoying and excessive for jobs that you won't be at for long.

About Adecco

At Adecco, we work for you. Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size – Read more