Adecco

Adecco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of Learning Ahead
Office Assistant, General Labor (Current Employee), CanadaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: experience, weekly pay, co-worker communication, community
Cons: 7hrs - 20hrs / week, no job security, no proper management communication, temporary, no benefits, often pays minimum wage
A typical day at this job always varied. You'd be unloading trucks for two weeks then nothing for a few weeks. Then you'll be offered a job folding boxes for a month, then you'll have no work for a few more weeks. Then you'll be working unloading more trucks and sometimes those can only be a one day thing. Sometimes you'll be order picking. Sometimes you'll be placing boxes near the order pickers. Sometimes you'll be working as a general laborer working on the line for rush product. Nothing is secure. This isn't a job you should be looking at for long term. It's temporary work.

I have learned to unload trucks and load pallets. I have learned to pick orders from an order sheet. I have learned how to use power tools. I have learned how to solder, trim, inspect product and speed up a line of product to meet daily needs. If there is one thing about this job, or series of jobs, it's the things you get to learn.

The management can be hard to work with. None of them talk to one another in regards to your schedule. They employ a lot of temporary workers so they can't keep track of everyone. I found that there were many issues in regards to my schedule as none of them would look at it before calling me in to discuss mine. They will call you the day before your scheduled work day to tell you that you are working and sometimes you're only working 2-3 days a week. Sometimes you have to constantly check up with them because they will not email you about anything. You will sometimes find out on the day you ask what your last day is, ends up being the day you ask. They aren't very reliable – more... regarding information referring to the job when you are on assignment. Sometimes it's hard to ask for any days off and they will give you a very hard time about it. You will not find out whether or not your vacation days were approved until a week before leaving for your vacation. This is not the greatest job if you need to visit your sick mother.

My co-workers were wonderful people. When I never heard anything from the management staff, my co-workers would tell me what was going on. Oftentimes it was through them when I found out they were letting people go. It was through my co-workers that I had found out that everyone was working 2-3 days a week. Without their knowledge I wouldn't have known what was going on with the management team. Or that they had been offering jobs to other employees.

That being said, the hardest part with Adecco was dealing with the management team and having to track them down. They weren't always in the office so sometimes you had to ask to be dismissed to check their office. They never picked up their phone. Which was a weird process when I had first applied when I moved to Toronto. They never answer their phone. They don't even check phone messages. You have to email them and even then you don't get a response. I had to check to see if it was read.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the many different things you get to learn and the many different cultures you meet. You will learn a lot of things with these guys and it will show on your resume and with how fast you pick things up in different environments. You will meet many different people and these people are always essential when looking for work because they often tell you about other job opportunities. – less
Reliable Temp Service when you cannot find fulltime employent.
General Laborer / Labor Ready (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: if you're willing enough you can work and still make ends meet.
Cons: no certainty in the duration of work assignments, you can work 3 months in the same place or you can work 1 day a week from one place to another.
Typical day consisted of checking first thing in the morning with Adecco Services (on-site) to see if and where my assignment for the day would be. Depending on the various sub-contracts Adecco got there were some jobs that you only went to for one day, and others (provided you performed well as I tended to do) often resulted in repeat assignments at same factories or warehouses as long as the employers needed extra people for the run of certain orders.

I learned how to use certain machines and equipment as instructed per the foreman or supervisor. Since assignment could vary from time to time I learned how to use certain dye cutting machines, assembly machines, garbage bailers, etc.

Depending on how long an assignment could last for there were times when you worked with the same folks who also used the service, but there were also times when you worked with brand new people and making long-term friendships or relations somewhat awkward since it was not a real "team" of co-workers that one sees on continuous weekly basis. For my part I always did my best to get along with everyone I worked with.

Again because of the nature of Temp Services and the different types of jobs you can be assigned there was always a chance of occasionally landing on a very hard and physically demanding job, however my experience was that most of the assignments I got still required some physical endurance here and there but manual dexterity and attention to detail were more in demand than how strong one was. There were some assignments where sometimes you had to work extra hard but it was rare, – more... most of my assignments through Adecco & Labor Ready ranged from quality control, order picking, packaging, and various shipping and receiving duties pending on the job assignment.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to still make enough revenue to keep up with the cost of living expenses and not get into debt, although temp services are beneficial and do provide work for those willing enough to work it is still not a substitute for real employment via an employer or a company. – less
Overall experience is poor.
Coffee specialist . (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMay 23, 2013
Pros: fast with responses.
Cons: lousy with dealing with customers needs.
I applied for a job through adecco hiring agency. They shortly called me for administrative assistant(temporary). When I told them that this was not the position I applied for, they said they had nothing available at the moment. Again I got a call back just a few minutes later telling that they came up with a match for my job application. I went through the process of online testing, an interview, criminal record cheque and also took a void cheque. My next interview was with the guy whom I would be working with went well or so I thought . I knew everything about the job I was applying for, more so than him. He said he needed to interview or more person before making his decision, but that they do definately need a lot of help. Today adecco called me to let me know that I was not cut for the job? Adecco sure gives you the impression that you are hired and working for them, when in reality what is the point of hiring agencies. Good thing I didn't quit my day job. Also, when I asked if she ad any other job openings she said I would only qualify for forklift driver. WHAT? I passed all my testing and interviews with flying colours. I don't know a thing about driving a forklift nor have I in the past. And to top it all off when I applied for nespresso jobs I knew more about the job than the manager himself.
Gone downhill
menial labour (Former Employee), RichmondMay 6, 2014
Pros: fairly steady..
Cons: lowst wages ever..everything is $11/hr
On and off for over 7 years...Had 1 great assignment 16 months..wished I could work there full time..still have friends there. Other places were just ok. Some were downright terrible. Agents are the worst ever, they used to be personable. Now it is all asian kids with no personality who don't care. Most jobs are barely minimum wage. Girls get the easy desk jobs..guys unload trailers. I did an office evaluation as I do programming. They told me I did OK!!..lol They don't want any males doing office work I guess. I got ALL the answers correct. They refused to give me the results. One place I worked at 2x second time I remember why I quit the first time..same thing girls got easy work..asked guys to help them with heavy stuff..then was let go..no warning..no reason..still guessing why..no loss..too many asian who spoke terrible engerrish..then blame you if you don't understand!!
Good place to start up career into HR
Recruitment and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 55 Scarborough Town CentreApril 23, 2014
Adecco provided me an opportunity to interact with potential clients and job seekers. I learnt various steps involved up till the hiring of a candidate such as- Short listing resumes for interview,Interacting face to face with associates,Registering associates for their online application ,Conducting tests, interviews and background/reference check, Assisting paper work/forms following the test , Providing customer care service and answering phone calls, working with “Custom Match” software and updating files on the data base and office coordination. Moreover, I also volunteered for undertaking “Payroll Training” to deal with payroll related issues
Management is strict with little flexibility.My supervisor could guide me to touch upon all the objectives I aimed to learn within the company.
The hardest part of the job was to manage phone calls and walk-in registration at the same time. I personally felt the need of more employees within the office. However, it was fun multitasking.
The best part was to interact with the associates from multi national and multicultural backgrounds.
Long Hours
Factory Team Member - Pre Production Shift 3 (Current Employee), London, ONSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: amazing hard working people... everyone of them
Cons: improper use of adapted methods
12 hour shifts 5 days on one week 2 days on the next week. Mid nights 6pm-6am.

Honestly, I absolutely love the people I work with and Brose can be a good company....

That being said, They are a very unorganized factory. I have high expectations of company's being organized and being able to train anyone new at a high level of information so they know every aspect of their job and ways to improve. There is no communication there, improper use of all aspects to keep them organized and running smoothly... for ex. improper use of kanban, 5S , Heijunka, etc.

Now I will say that I understand not every factory has these methods to use and with that they have their own to learn, which I am excited to do. But I don't believe factory's should bring in the use of procedures if they are not going to use them properly and be 30,000 parts behind and 1.5 million in the whole due to scrap in 6 months. It's all because of them not using the methods they adapted properly.
Productive and learned lots, but the pay is not good and management needs help
Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee), EdmontonAugust 23, 2013
Pros: straight hours
Cons: poor management
I was placed to work at Kitchen Kraft through Adecco staffing where I was quickly moved to a much more accountable position; I was now responsible for all shipping and receiving. At first I really enjoyed not being the grunt but I quickly learned that I was the last point of contact for all product coming in and out of the warehouse. This was made evident to me through one of the managers at Kitchen Kraft because I forgot a piece in an order and it cost the company extra money to ship the piece. This was my problem and not Kitchen Kraft's. This was just one of the many scenarios that occurred over the 4 months that I was employed there. I did express my concerns to Adecco and I was told that they handled it since they were my actual employer, but I didn't see any change in the behavior of the managers at Kitchen Kraft. I ultimately quit and went back to school for a new semester.
Great Employees...Poor Management
Recruiter (Former Employee), London, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: fantastic supportive co-workers
Cons: no benefits, staff often feel lack of respect and appreciation from management.
Great coworkers, team players, highly educated but sadly, under-utilised. Most have been working here for more than 2 years but are still considered 'temporary' even though track record of accomplishments is strong. Management tends to blame staff for miscommunicated information and most project issues. All the staff works tirelessly: limited breaks, lunches are usually eaten at the work desk; overtime is unpaid above 44 hours [option for 'time-in-lieu'] but is often retracted or staff simply unable to take the time off. Management is often outright rude, condescending or will ignore staff for questioning any 'rules' intended to cover manager 'blunders' or at a whim to meet management needs, desires and goals. High turnover.
Great Workers with Outstanding Personalities
Unpaid Intern - Administratives Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day started with signing in, putting out the newspapers, checking messages and the calendar. Take off night service, screen calls, check for appointments with recruiters, and determine if there are any meetings or urgent projects that need to be done right away.

I learnt that in a positive office environment you can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. To keep conversation light and that dressing for the part is very important.

I worked for very good mangers and co-workers. Everyone is very nice and pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was trying to finish deadlines while answering the phones, and being able to answer questions to possible clients all at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing a project with time to spare, knowing I did a good job.
Productive but repetitive work
Production Line Worker/Sorter (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: lots of breaks
Cons: slow paced, repetitive
P&G is very easy but repetitive work and is on a rotation by each team. The Swiffer line (line 38) is normally the line my team would be on. The first team member on line 38's job is to add one handle per two Swiffer pads, then next down the conveyor belt the pads and handles will now come out in front of boxes for the next team member to slide them in. After the pads and handles go into boxes, even bigger boxes slide down the line for the next team member to put them in. Finally boxes filled with boxes and Swiffer pads/handles comes down the conveyor belt in front of a skid/pallet where a team member will stack them for another team member to take away using a pump truck so that the lift truck can take the Swiffer's away to get shipped off to transport trucks. This is a typical day at work
Fun workplace with great people to work around
Filler (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 4, 2013
Pros: staggered scheduling, rewards
Cons: early start.
A typical day at work has me starting my shift at 5:45 with some stretches, then finding out what area I will be working into. Once I find that out then I sign in and select a stack of labels via voice pick working and get to work. I continue until my shift ends at 3:45. I've learned that I need to use my brain to make sure that I have the right product and how much I need incase I need to ask for more.

Team Leads are great to work with and my co-workers are fun and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is making sure that I work safely as there could be many hazards in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers.
challanging yet very satisfying job
Canada Post,safety project (Former Employee), Ottawa OntMay 30, 2014
Pros: ability to travel from cobourg to ottawa to work
Cons: long times from home
Canada Post: leave for work on Monday, return on Friday. Set up accommodations according to area work was required. Set up car rentals week to week. First portion of job required data input while working in a vehicle, reviewing the actual location, time gaps, required critia, analyzing data, meeting specific volume goals daily.Customer service where rural mail boxes did not meet the criteria, working with the customer to resolve the issue, and relocation of the mail box, to meet criteria, and customer satisfaction. Data entry for the solution, and then follow up to ensure criteria was met. Although some customers were stronger in opinion, the criteria required, was always met.
Call center, customer service
Call center (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Great incentives
Cons: Sitting and being infront of a computer all day
Taking customer service calls to assist with any issues that may have occurred, ordering items and creating new accounts for new customers.
I have learned that there are more issues within the on-line orders than I could have imagined and dealt with many interesting people, to say the least.
I believe that Bradford is under good management and will only continue to strive.
My co-workers are also friendly and great to work with.
The hardest part of the job is sitting in front of a computer, as I am a very active person.
I would sat the most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers and the fun incentives we have for doing a job well done!
Typical mass temp agency
Contractor (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: in house cafeteria
Cons: long hours, rapid rotation continentals
No one working through or for Adecco cares about anything
Day starts out with a safety lecture that is read off a sheet.
Go to the floor where I inspect my area which is usually a total write off, clean up if necessary. Assess status of product in machine, fill low products, then order materials needed.
Check materials for shipping damage, remove any damaged or dirty materials from product.
Diring the shift i would manually put up materials if robot fails to do so.
Keep lines advised of low materials and general status.
General Labor (Former Employee), Array Toronto ONMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free lunchs, 3 breaks which also includes lunch, finished by 4:30
Cons: no cons
Clock-in from 7:30 am. starting jobs, usually making boxes, packaging boxes, assembling big units, working in shipping and receiving. The workers were majority elderly people or in their late 40's-50's, They were very cooperative and okay to work around. The hardest part of the job I would personally say was the rush at the end of the day to make sure our jobs were completed and able to get wrapped up and shipped out. The most enjoyable part of the job was really only the courtesy lunches once in a while.
Good company to work for, Adecco supported Win4Youth
Corporate Collector (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 2, 2013
Pros: adecco supported win4youth, enjoyed the different events we had to raise money for them
A typical day at Adecco, making collection calls which were part of my portfolio and customer service support for our branches. We had a good management team, which we worked very close with and assisted us if we incurred any problems. I worked well with my co-workers within my team and in other departments. The only difficult part of my job was if I had a client that had cash flow problems and we were working very close with them to arrange a payment plan. We are always working very hard to keep our DSO down. The most enjoyable part of my job was calling clients, as I built good relationships with them.
A Challenging place to work
On-Site Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: not being stuck at my desks all day, visiting client sites and conducting job fairs
Cons: this job sometimes required working very long hours and sometimes weekends
Screening and pre-screening candidates based on qualification as requested by clients. working in the staffing industry poses a challenge in time management, you constantly need to prioritize your and in order achieve you goals and targets and to have a balance in and outside of work. This industry is very diverse and is filled with opportunity for growth, the things I enjoyed the most were, having the opportunity to meet with new people and new challenges on a day to day bases.
I learned how to pick and pack
General Labor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2015
I learned to pick and pack, scan variety of items, moved in fast pace, how to scan the items on the computer and put them on the pallet for shipping. Some of my co-workers were very helpfully and kind to me. The hardest part of this job I would say is finishing off someone else pick and pack because everyone did it differently so when I had to do it, it was difficult in some ways. At times it was fun when they put on the radio and some of the co-workers would sing alone or do a little dance that made me laugh or smile but music puts me in a good mood so i would say that was the fun part.
Great Sales Position
MDU Field Sales (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great compensation plan
Cons: Your Working Hours are undetermined and long
The Job Required me to go door to door in Multi Unit homes only ( apartment buildings). It wasn't always easy getting in but playing the numbers game with sales works if you work hard. I sold Internet TV Home Phone packages so almost anyone could have an interest. I also did road crews to neighboring towns that had never had Fiber Op and were about to be wired. Making it a very easy sales
Fun place to work
Assembly Work (Former Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great job!
Cons: company (johnson controls inc) went into reorganization.
Adecco c/o Johnson Controls Inc was a assembly line automotive feeder plant for GM. I worked in the overhead department doing four rotations, two on the line and two feeding the line.
I learned that I loved physically working compared to working in an office environment. The staff and management where great people in the overhead department. The hardest part of the job was when I started. It was physically demanding until I got in shape. The most enjoyable thing about this job was that you went to work you did your job and worked hard but there was no managerial stress.
Links