Adecco Employee Reviews in Canada

Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONMarch 14, 2016
Overall it is a good place to work, great people, salary is good with benefits and bonuses, management is excellent at my location
Good company to work for and gain experience
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Good company to work for and gain experience.
Management provides flexibility to provide good work/life balance.
They also take care of Social Responsibility which is great to see.

Most Enjoyable part of job: Providing advancement opportunities to job seekers with some of the best companies in the world.
Pros
Gaining Experience
Cons
Advancement opportunities are few.
Don't work here if you like a work-life balance
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 9, 2016
I worked basic production - building products, training others, filling out paperwork. The job itself was fine, it was having to deal with Adecco which was the worst. Don't go through the Belleville/Trenton branch if you expect any respect, or even getting paid. I worked there since last year, and not once did I get paid for a holiday. I worked Monday-Thursday every week (I worked afternoon shifts and had class through the day on Fridays), which they agreed to. When I called and asked them what was up, they said they would look into it. Their response was that they schedule me Monday-Friday and I never showed up for my Friday shift so I won't get paid. I've just filed a claim, so we'll see if I ever get anything out of it.
Pros
The client I worked for was decent, met some great people
Cons
Having to deal with Adecco and their incompetency
employment agency
Splicer/Solderer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 17, 2015
different people, different jobs, not long enough contracts, no raises, enjoy the variety of work, multicultural facility, new facility
Overview
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJune 17, 2016
-Open The Boxes
-Put the item on the cart
-Checked in broken item
- Put tags on the item
- Put the item back on the cart

I learned a lot at this one job I had, I got to learn how there computer systems worked.

I loved working with my co-workers, I had an amazing connection with one of them,

The hardest part of my job was picking up the big heavy printers and trying to find the serial number for the printer.

The most enjoyable thing at my work was probably have to be how nice everyone is to you, and how understand most of the people are if you make a mistakes, and just tell me "that we are all human and we all make mistakes no one is every perfect."
Great place for temp work :)
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of going in, and doing what I was assigned. For a good few weeks my section was wiping down parts before doing what we were supposed to be, which were building pieces of cars. I learned a lot about car manufacturing and how to inspect the pieces before they can be shipped off. The management were all great, friendly, and helpful whenever they could be. My coworkers were all great, friendly, and more than willing to land a hand where possible. The hardest part was the bending over and over that I had to do to get the pieces. the most enjoyable was that I met alot of amazing people.
Pros
Good environment, friendly people, fast to find work
Great Sales Position
MDU Field Sales (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 3, 2015
The Job Required me to go door to door in Multi Unit homes only ( apartment buildings). It wasn't always easy getting in but playing the numbers game with sales works if you work hard. I sold Internet TV Home Phone packages so almost anyone could have an interest. I also did road crews to neighboring towns that had never had Fiber Op and were about to be wired. Making it a very easy sales
Pros
Great compensation plan
Cons
Your Working Hours are undetermined and long
Fun place to work with very interesting people and hard working people
TRS Compents (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 16, 2016
At first it seemed overwhelming seeing all these people hammering away wondering when and how long it would take to catch up to there speed. Only to find out most people have only been there a couple months to weeks or have been there for years and even decades. The thing nobodys tell you is the turnover rate being there only a week i have seen 6 new people come and go. And theres a reason this job is mindless physical labour , most of the job is simply lining things up and matching numbers no real hard mathematical equations to figure out or to cut . It's all done ahead of time by machines so you just hammer away. The people are what make it do able everybody is welcoming but standoffish because people don't last but the long hours and physical harm plus the brown stuff you cough up from all the wood and metal particles isn't worth it unless you have a family to support or need money fast.
Pros
Tons of hours, the co workers, wage increase
Cons
Long hours, no training what so ever, no work / social life balance or any balance ( youll be to tired)
Fun and productive workplace
Seasonal associate employee - VIP Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
My typical day of work was to help and assist customers and chat with them about the show. I learned so much from this experience, I learned how to do simple bartender jobs such as pouring beers, wines, champagne and mixing simple drinks. The management was very understanding and adapted to every single situation accordingly. My coworkers were amazing, they were from all over the world. The hardest part of my job was to see them leave, and the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with so many awesome people.
Pros
Seeing the show
Cons
Not enough time in Calgary
"Spider" is the job title
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 17, 2016
typical day was a lot of walking, never really stood still. constantly feeding lines the components they need to keep running. learned how to run assembly machines using drivers safely and some robots. The hardest part of the day is the heat and constantly pushing, pulling, and lift some heavy objects. Best part is the work itself, very demanding on a typical day and thee people are great to work with.
Pros
busy work, good team work and people
Cons
temporary
Did what they could
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Adecco is a temp agency, most of the jobs were industrial and that is not the kind of work I am looking for.

At location
Long shifts of 12h
constant physical labour
frequent breaks
Pros
long hours, frequent breaks
Cons
vigorous physical labour
My employment with this company provided me with a multitude of employment skills.
Administrative Assistant (Contracted) (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Work performance varied on a daily basis, which I enjoyed tremendously.

My co-worker always shared valuable employment knowledge and skills with me.

Placement in various contracted positions allowed me to gain skills to work in a large variety of work environments.

The hardest part of my employment with this company was the office closure ending my position.

There isn't anything I did not enjoy while employed with this company.
Pros
Leaning a large variety of employement skills.
Cons
Office closure.
Good job if you need to eat and pay bills
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ONFebruary 10, 2016
You get treated as second class and the wages are bare minimum
not much room for advancement and jobs only last up to a year if your lucky
not much work In Orangeville and if you have a record forget it
easying going
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 15, 2016
The job that I had at Adecco was east to do at all points of the job. The staff I worked with taught me what to do if I never done it before. I worked all shifts besides mine to earn some extra pay or to get the hours I missed for being sick
Pros
made a bunch of new friends
Cons
sometimes the line would go into the next shift
Productive workplace
Recruitment and Staffing Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 21, 2016
I learned a lot about time management and how to work well with both clients and co workers on my team. In my time at Adecco I realized that being in an office work environment is not for me.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Office environment
Demanding Environment
Partnership Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 17, 2015
It's a demanding environment with few benefits available and very few opportunities for progress unless you are available to move around.
Employment agency hiring for placement workers.
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 31, 2016
Because I was employed through the agency, I had to adapt to which ever work place I was sent to. In a way that helped with my multitasking skills especially since because it was placement work, I was never at one job location for more than one full week.
they where good to work with
Technician II (cleaning line) (Former Employee) –  Slemon Park, PEMarch 7, 2016
I only work with them remotely.. contact was done by email or phone. They where help when I had questions.

I work contract at a different company, so I can only comment on my actual work location..

I can some experience so as to use this experience to gain more as a technicina
Pros
They were very helpfull when I needed it
Cons
responce time could have been faster
Great agency, very supportive
AMS Case Manager, contract at Manulife (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 27, 2016
Adecco contacted me and made me aware of the position of Case Manager which was unknown to me and led to a great work experience at Manulife. I felt valued and respected as a professional with Adecco.
great temp agency
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  belleville, ONJuly 31, 2015
Adecco was very quick to place me with a great factory that fit my scheduling needs and salary requirement. They assisted me with any need i had and were great with providing detailed information.
Pros
full time hours
Cons
no benefits. temporary position