Adecco
4,198 reviews

Adecco Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A dependable employment agency
Reception, Administration, and Office Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 18, 2015
They really try to find steady employment that match my skills. It's more difficult to be guaranteed work with an employment agency, but I do appreciate the amount of effort they put into my employment.
Lots of Learning Ahead
Office Assistant, General Labor (Current Employee), CanadaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: experience, weekly pay, co-worker communication, community
Cons: 7hrs - 20hrs / week, no job security, no proper management communication, temporary, no benefits, often pays minimum wage
A typical day at this job always varied. You'd be unloading trucks for two weeks then nothing for a few weeks. Then you'll be offered a job folding boxes for a month, then you'll have no work for a few more weeks. Then you'll be working unloading more trucks and sometimes those can only be a one day thing. Sometimes you'll be order picking. Sometimes you'll be placing boxes near the order pickers. Sometimes you'll be working as a general laborer working on the line for rush product. Nothing is secure. This isn't a job you should be looking at for long term. It's temporary work.

I have learned to unload trucks and load pallets. I have learned to pick orders from an order sheet. I have learned how to use power tools. I have learned how to solder, trim, inspect product and speed up a line of product to meet daily needs. If there is one thing about this job, or series of jobs, it's the things you get to learn.

The management can be hard to work with. None of them talk to one another in regards to your schedule. They employ a lot of temporary workers so they can't keep track of everyone. I found that there were many issues in regards to my schedule as none of them would look at it before calling me in to discuss mine. They will call you the day before your scheduled work day to tell you that you are working and sometimes you're only working 2-3 days a week. Sometimes you have to constantly check up with them because they will not email you about anything. You will sometimes find out on the day you ask what your last day is, ends up being the day you ask. They aren't very reliable – more... regarding information referring to the job when you are on assignment. Sometimes it's hard to ask for any days off and they will give you a very hard time about it. You will not find out whether or not your vacation days were approved until a week before leaving for your vacation. This is not the greatest job if you need to visit your sick mother.

My co-workers were wonderful people. When I never heard anything from the management staff, my co-workers would tell me what was going on. Oftentimes it was through them when I found out they were letting people go. It was through my co-workers that I had found out that everyone was working 2-3 days a week. Without their knowledge I wouldn't have known what was going on with the management team. Or that they had been offering jobs to other employees.

That being said, the hardest part with Adecco was dealing with the management team and having to track them down. They weren't always in the office so sometimes you had to ask to be dismissed to check their office. They never picked up their phone. Which was a weird process when I had first applied when I moved to Toronto. They never answer their phone. They don't even check phone messages. You have to email them and even then you don't get a response. I had to check to see if it was read.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the many different things you get to learn and the many different cultures you meet. You will learn a lot of things with these guys and it will show on your resume and with how fast you pick things up in different environments. You will meet many different people and these people are always essential when looking for work because they often tell you about other job opportunities. – less
It's income
Temp Worker (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 10, 2015
Unstable work, not guaranteed to get hired full time. Friendly staff that tries hard to get people into positions. Long commute to different jobs.
Great company but with some drawbacks
Shipper/Order Picker and Housekeeping-On (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: keeps me busy
Cons: not a secure job
Great company but they don't offer the security in employment that I need. Three month contracts aren't as secure as I would like. Management and co-workers are great and accommodating. This is a better place for short-term employment, not so much for long-term.
I liked working with Adecco
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 23, 2015
I like Adecco but it was not where I wanted to be at the time in my life
Professional Results
Materials Supervisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2015
In my brief experience with Adecco, they provided me with a timely opportunity that allowed me to expand my knowledge in the manufacturing sector. The opportunity was terrific and Adecco was great to deal with.
Very professional
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2015
The management is very professional. Adecco provides many job opportunities.
Productive and fast paced environment with new challenges every day.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), BramptonJanuary 13, 2015
Typical day on the job is generally smooth sailing. I learned a lot of about paying attention to detail when handling information. Management was pretty good , I always like I can talk to them about anything! The people were great and very diverse in culture, values and religion. The most challenging thing was keeping up with the hard work from day to day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers, they made it worth while.
Typical mass temp agency
Contractor (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: in house cafeteria
Cons: long hours, rapid rotation continentals
No one working through or for Adecco cares about anything
Day starts out with a safety lecture that is read off a sheet.
Go to the floor where I inspect my area which is usually a total write off, clean up if necessary. Assess status of product in machine, fill low products, then order materials needed.
Check materials for shipping damage, remove any damaged or dirty materials from product.
Diring the shift i would manually put up materials if robot fails to do so.
Keep lines advised of low materials and general status.
ok
To assist in assembly area and machine operator (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 4, 2015
ok
envirment was,nt that good but better
not enough salary
management was,nt that good
Work Assignments Vary Place to Place
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free registration
Cons: not knowing what's next
I would be more positive if I knew what category of assignments I would be selected for in advance, i.e. office, light factory, etc., how long they would be, how well they pay, and what's next.

There is no typical day at work-each assignment is different.

I've learned to list myself with several temp agencies to increase the opportunities for work.

Co-workers come and go.

The hardest part of the job is finding more work next.
it was fisicale and working with costomers
Solar Panel Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2014
. The hardest part was per day working 12 hours
. Management was excellent
. I learned customer service we were selling the panels I was communicate with the customers.
. it was night shift work
. It was very busy the time was going very fast
Amazing company over all
Executive Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2014
I had a great experience with the company itself. Tons of opportunities within the company, definitely on the lower end of the pay scale compared to other firms out there. Lots of tools to do your job and succeed. I left only because of 1 VERY terrible manager, but that is one person among many amazing people.
Great Place To Be Employed By
General Labour (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 27, 2014
Pros: 12 hour days
Managed Really Well & Professional , Great People , Was Not Subjected To Anything I Found Overly Hard , I Enjoyed Arriving At Work & Making My Best Effort
Decent Job
Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 20, 2014
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: not enough pay
Decent factory Job
easy job but doing the same thing for 8 hours non stop gets boring
good learning experience
warehouse employee (Current Employee), Surrey British ColumbiaNovember 2, 2014
• Hardworking and Team player.
• Able to lift heavy weights and load and unload items in a safe manner.
• Good attention to detail.
• Good computer skills.
• Good customer service skills.
• Completing daily logs and all required paperwork.
• Working in a safe manner in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
• Can follow instructions and complete tasks within set time scales.
• Quick adaptability to maneuver equipment and machinery
Great learning experience
- Reference checks
- Background checks
Good workplace
Researcher (Current Employee), London, ONOctober 26, 2014
Good atmosphere and good management. Flexible hours, and the co-workers are very hard workers.
A busy workplace with great culture diversity
General Labourer (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 6, 2014
Pros: everyone works together
Cons: not enough hours
A typical work day at Adecco is busy but fun. they taught me that when you work together as a team with hard work, you can accomplish anything. The management at Adecco are kind and motivating. Co-workers are supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is successfully finishing the number of units targeted for a shift after working hard. The challenging part of the job is everything is mostly at a fast pace.
Productive Work Place
Temporary Assignments, Forks and General Warehouse (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioSeptember 22, 2014
Gained a lot of experience with the dockstocker and counter balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Adecco

At Adecco, we work for you. Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size – Read more