Adecco Employee Reviews

Typical Warehouse Environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 January 2017
This was my first job, I was nervous of going into factory work but I excelled because of the training I received. I was blessed with a constant shift that was close to my house. I worked on the welding machine often because my skill set became good/ better than others. I got a great co worker who invested in my life during my shifts, she gave me rides and drinks. The midnight shift was quite an adjustment but it was worth the experience. I took this job because of the pay and hours available. I needed to save and fundraise money in order to go serve in missions, which I succeeded and enjoyed very much. I went back the next summer and worked for the same company but switched around to different plants which was not my preference.
Pros
Great co- workers
Cons
shift work is hard, team leader was not always organized
Montréal QC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2017
Great place to work where the rights of the individuals are respected and appraised. Fair treat to its employees. Excellent place to start building a reputation.
Placements were decent to work at
CNC Operator/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
I was constantly sent to various placements with no long term commitments. None of which paid very well. The staff or management tried to keep you at a placement, but was never guaranteed. The hardest part would be waking up to find out there was no work availible. The most enjoyable part was if you were at a place long enough to get to know anyone.
Pros
Learning to operate various machines
Cons
work not guaranteed
Toxic Environment
Human Resources Resume Screener (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2017
It is a company that prides itself in being one of the top ten places to work in Canada. However it isn't. Its toxic. Dog eat dog. Management does know about the environment however refuses to take care of the bad apples that make it so toxic.
High pressure positions for only slightly above minimum wage.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Great place for temp work :)
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 May 2016
A typical day at work consisted of going in, and doing what I was assigned. For a good few weeks my section was wiping down parts before doing what we were supposed to be, which were building pieces of cars. I learned a lot about car manufacturing and how to inspect the pieces before they can be shipped off. The management were all great, friendly, and helpful whenever they could be. My coworkers were all great, friendly, and more than willing to land a hand where possible. The hardest part was the bending over and over that I had to do to get the pieces. the most enjoyable was that I met alot of amazing people.
Pros
Good environment, friendly people, fast to find work
Cons
Productive and fun workplace and you can learn a lot about CNC Machines, Programs, autocad operation.
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  45 Progress Ave, Scarborough, ON, M1P 2Y66 January 2017
The job is a long hours work (standing for 12 hrs) and has Continental shift. Co-workers, lead man, supervisor and manager are friendly and always willing to lend a hand.
productive, team work and efficient management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 October 2016
1) full of activities
2) team work and new ways of solving customers problems
3) our management is sympathetic and efficient
4) my co-workers are very helpful and customer-centric
5) meeting and transacting with different customers with different personal issues
6) still with customers because i have the opportunity to proffer solutions to their problems
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
longer hours
productive and fun
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 October 2016
very loud environment, you were never alone, you were always working in teams or groups to get things done faster, i got to meet alot of new cultures and learn about there background, consistant breaks, and my favourite part of the job is always being surrounded by amazing people weather its on the line, in the caff or the break room.
Pros
workers benifit from the sales
Cons
only working 8-12 hour shifts
Great Staff
Picker/Packer/data entry/trimmer/labourer (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON11 December 2016
Staff is friendly and helpful. They understand that sometimes Life happens. They are always trying to help their clients find the right position.
Pros
They do all the leg work
Cons
pay is low/ no job security
production
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 December 2016
It was a great and comfortable atmosphere, I had a lot of fun and experience with fellow workers. I enjoyed stain in the lunch room, and learning the system by carts, boxes,and shipping containers to be shipped.
Pros
lunch
Job agency
Laborer and Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton28 October 2016
Like all agencies it hard to get on full time with assigned employer.
Rate of pay and benefits are not great.
Training is limited on assignments.
Great Global company
Branch, Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
Hectic, lots of perk and benefits, lots of upward movement.
Company runs very lean. Lots of hours, dealing with many people everyday, never the same day twice.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Lots of hours
busy and productive workplace with a very multicultured environment
hand packaging assembler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 September 2016
i learned a lot about the general work done within a warehouse from here like reading codes for packages and wrapping the packages to be sent. also people were very understanding about mistakes that were made while learning the basics of the job
Pros
easy to follow instructions, and straight forward work
Cons
Great place to start if you have lil or no experience
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 January 2017
Was A great placement I had received and the office was quick to answer any questions. I did A 3 month contract which in turn led to A full time job with the client. Great coworkers always able to lend A hand when needed. Ended up getting indentured as A Millwright in the end.
Pros
Great communication and placement. Weekly pay.
Cons
Could use A bit better wages
Placement Agency
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 September 2016
Good company to deal with. Quick with finding me a contract to permanent position in accounts payable, administrative assistant, billing payroll and data entry unfortunately the position did not become permanent.
Pros
good company to deal with
Cons
No benefits
Associated with world renowned clients
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 February 2017
- a typical day at work usually consists of an early start (6am-3pm shifts)
- experience with forklift and.or Walkie is an asset but in-house training is an option at some companies
- clients are world renowned such as UPS
- I learned how to operate a Walkie within safety guidelines
- attention to detail is crucial
Pros
not physically demanding
Cons
early start time
Productivity
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
Adecco aims for effective and efficient employees to achieve the maximum benefits and production for the company. Excellence is the key.
productive, lots of work to do
team member as well as individually (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2016
Good place and friendly environment to work in. Learned a lot from co-workers and the management at the offices are amazing. Hours were good but hired too many people and there was less work to do resulting in going home 2-3h earlier than scheduled.
Fun place to work with very interesting people and hard working people
TRS Compents (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 June 2016
At first it seemed overwhelming seeing all these people hammering away wondering when and how long it would take to catch up to there speed. Only to find out most people have only been there a couple months to weeks or have been there for years and even decades. The thing nobodys tell you is the turnover rate being there only a week i have seen 6 new people come and go. And theres a reason this job is mindless physical labour , most of the job is simply lining things up and matching numbers no real hard mathematical equations to figure out or to cut . It's all done ahead of time by machines so you just hammer away. The people are what make it do able everybody is welcoming but standoffish because people don't last but the long hours and physical harm plus the brown stuff you cough up from all the wood and metal particles isn't worth it unless you have a family to support or need money fast.
Pros
Tons of hours, the co workers, wage increase
Cons
Long hours, no training what so ever, no work / social life balance or any balance ( youll be to tired)
Great experiences working with different clients
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 March 2017
Provides great exposure to different industries and work environments. It can be a great platform to gain valuable work experiences. Wages tend to be low for contract jobs.
Pros
Flexible work hours if desired
Cons
Low wages

79%