Adecco
3,371 reviews

Adecco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Workers with Outstanding Personalities
Unpaid Intern - Administratives Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day started with signing in, putting out the newspapers, checking messages and the calendar. Take off night service, screen calls, check for appointments with recruiters, and determine if there are any meetings or urgent projects that need to be done right away.

I learnt that in a positive office environment you can accomplish a lot in a – more... short amount of time. To keep conversation light and that dressing for the part is very important.

I worked for very good mangers and co-workers. Everyone is very nice and pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was trying to finish deadlines while answering the phones, and being able to answer questions to possible clients all at the same time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing a project with time to spare, knowing I did a good job. – less
Good place tro work. Loads of freight
Customer Service and Dispatcher (Former Employee), VariousAugust 29, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: some long hours at times
The drivers were outstanding. Unfortunately the company closed after some thirty years in business.
Productive place to work
Bilingual Recruiter (French and English) (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 17, 2014
Adecco is a great place to work and offers many opportunities of advancement and growth.
Lacked leadership and directiion.
CLO (Customer Liaison Officer) (Former Employee), Maritimes CanadaAugust 5, 2014
Pros: offered flexibility, good hours
Cons: no leadership! nickle and dime management.
Company was without direction and leadership. There were too many young people that did not have people skills nor the positive attitude required to complete the tasks for this job.
A fast paced team Oriented Environmnent
Senior Staffing Consultant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 1, 2014
Well structured, very fast paced results driven environment with the opportunity to grow and learn so much.
on call works with life style
Material Handler (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 27, 2014
always at different sites. could be at a sight for few days or on or two days.
To secure an entry level position that will lead to a Plumbing Apprenticeship
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJune 24, 2014
I am currently a student at Sheridan College in the Plumbing Pre Trade program, and looking to secure an entry level position that will lead to a Plumbing Apprenticeship.
Good Workplace and fun co-workers
Builder (Former Employee), London, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: long hours
assembling parts to go into a back frame seat.

The hours were long, we were standing the entire time.
we had to move fast to get to a certain goal we had set everyday.
co-workers were helpful and good teachers.
Good Workplace and fun co-workers
Builder (Former Employee), London, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: long hours
assembling parts to go into a back frame seat.

The hours were long, we were standing the entire time.
we had to move fast to get to a certain goal we had set everyday.
co-workers were helpful and good teachers.
challanging yet very satisfying job
Canada Post,safety project (Former Employee), Ottawa OntMay 30, 2014
Pros: ability to travel from cobourg to ottawa to work
Cons: long times from home
Canada Post: leave for work on Monday, return on Friday. Set up accommodations according to area work was required. Set up car rentals week to week. First portion of job required data input while working in a vehicle, reviewing the actual location, time gaps, required critia, analyzing data, meeting specific volume goals daily.Customer service where – more... rural mail boxes did not meet the criteria, working with the customer to resolve the issue, and relocation of the mail box, to meet criteria, and customer satisfaction. Data entry for the solution, and then follow up to ensure criteria was met. Although some customers were stronger in opinion, the criteria required, was always met. – less
Great Employees...Poor Management
Recruiter (Former Employee), London, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: fantastic supportive co-workers
Cons: no benefits, staff often feel lack of respect and appreciation from management.
Great coworkers, team players, highly educated but sadly, under-utilised. Most have been working here for more than 2 years but are still considered 'temporary' even though track record of accomplishments is strong. Management tends to blame staff for miscommunicated information and most project issues. All the staff works tirelessly: limited breaks, – more... lunches are usually eaten at the work desk; overtime is unpaid above 44 hours [option for 'time-in-lieu'] but is often retracted or staff simply unable to take the time off. Management is often outright rude, condescending or will ignore staff for questioning any 'rules' intended to cover manager 'blunders' or at a whim to meet management needs, desires and goals. High turnover. – less
Gained new work skills.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: worked with new products and gained experience on new exquipment
Cons: not paid enough.
I loaded, unloaded, prepared rolls of material for use, packed, wrapped, and stacked femine hygine products.

I operated various presses, loaded and unloaded metalizers, and inspected automotive parts for interior and exterior applications.

Maintained the required daily housekeeping duties.
productive
General labour-Assembler (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2014
nice place to work, enjoyable people to work with. not much supervision.
Gone downhill
menial labour (Former Employee), RichmondMay 6, 2014
Pros: fairly steady..
Cons: lowst wages ever..everything is $11/hr
On and off for over 7 years...Had 1 great assignment 16 months..wished I could work there full time..still have friends there. Other places were just ok. Some were downright terrible. Agents are the worst ever, they used to be personable. Now it is all asian kids with no personality who don't care. Most jobs are barely minimum wage. Girls get the easy – more... desk jobs..guys unload trailers. I did an office evaluation as I do programming. They told me I did OK!!..lol They don't want any males doing office work I guess. I got ALL the answers correct. They refused to give me the results. One place I worked at 2x second time I remember why I quit the first time..same thing girls got easy work..asked guys to help them with heavy stuff..then was let go..no warning..no reason..still guessing why..no loss..too many asian who spoke terrible engerrish..then blame you if you don't understand!! – less
It's a placement agency
Labourer (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 1, 2014
never knew from one day to the next if that was my last day or not
General labour-Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, OnMay 1, 2014
Great people to work with. Need room more advancement. Management was easy to work with and talk to.
Good place to start up career into HR
Recruitment and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 55 Scarborough Town CentreApril 23, 2014
Adecco provided me an opportunity to interact with potential clients and job seekers. I learnt various steps involved up till the hiring of a candidate such as- Short listing resumes for interview,Interacting face to face with associates,Registering associates for their online application ,Conducting tests, interviews and background/reference check, – more... Assisting paper work/forms following the test , Providing customer care service and answering phone calls, working with “Custom Match” software and updating files on the data base and office coordination. Moreover, I also volunteered for undertaking “Payroll Training” to deal with payroll related issues
Management is strict with little flexibility.My supervisor could guide me to touch upon all the objectives I aimed to learn within the company.
The hardest part of the job was to manage phone calls and walk-in registration at the same time. I personally felt the need of more employees within the office. However, it was fun multitasking.
The best part was to interact with the associates from multi national and multicultural backgrounds. – less
They wont let you go directly with the employer
Associate Technician/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2014
Pros: ok salary
Cons: you have to buy benefits, they will never let you go directly with the employer.
After 3 months you are eligible for the benefits but you have to buy them. I worked 1 year through Adecco and never get hired directly. Nobody was. Some people are 5 years with this agency.
employment
Mail room Clerk (Government). (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCApril 11, 2014
I have been waiting for this opportunity to come my way. I am a hard working person and willing to advance in my career. a good candidate for this position I am studious, hardworking, and determined and dedicated to my Job.
Good learning experience working in many different work environments
General Labour (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
I worked at various different locations for many different companies working part-time or full-time depending on the contract. I had the opportunity to learn and adapt to different kinds of environments and to work with a lot of different people. At the time, I was unsure of what I wanted to do if I were to go back to school as well as being busy with – more... music. Now I'm focused on programming and looking to build my career in the IT field. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Adecco

At Adecco, we work for you. Adecco is the world’s largest provider of staffing solutions. But it’s not our size – Read more