We are currently seeking to fill a 14 month contract for a Communications Officer job in Waterloo, ON with our client, a large financial and insurance company in the region. The Communications Officer will act as a support resource for communications partners as they design and carry out communications plans. The pay rate for this position is $31.79 per hour including vacation pay. The anticipated start date is December 2, 2013. The hours of operation are 8:30am to 5:00pm. This is not a sales or marketing job.
Communications Officer Job responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with communications partners to create informational content including company initiatives, speeches, blog posts, video scripts, and other multimedia content in both web and print based form.
- Creating and consulting on communications plans
- Liaison with Marketing and Creative on production and design
- Organizing events where communications will be disseminated i.e. town halls
- Project management as needed
- University Degree in a related field such as Media Relations, Public Relations, Journalism, etc.
- Experience writing press releases / corporate communications
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Posses intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong time management and self-management skills with the ability to juggle competing priorities
- Ability to learn web based content management systems and social media
- Excellent written skills including corporate writing, and news and feature writing considered an asset
- Digital photography experience considered an asset
- Working knowledge of design software such as Photoshop considered an asset
If you are interested in this Communications Officer job or other positions through Adecco,
please create an on-line application at Adecco.ca.
Why Adecco? Ask us about our employee benefits.
Indeed - 30+ days ago