Addition Elle Employee Reviews

great manager and staff, lots of hours
Key holder (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 December 2017
great work environment and alot of hours, flexible with other jobs. lots of down tie so clean and fold clothes, focus on the customers and providing good service and help them find what they need.
Bad Culture, Bad Management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC1 December 2017
never got all my breaks, too focused on sales. would sometimes come in for a 4 hour shift and then they would send me home after an hour because there weren't enough customers.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
too focused on sales, barely any breaks, low hours
Very fun place to grow and improve your skills!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 November 2017
Absolutely love the work environment, great benefits and bonus incentives. Good training to start and such a welcoming environment to work in! If your a natural with customer service and have an interest in fashion I highly recommend working at Addition Elle or any of the RCL Brands.
Pros
Positive, fun environment which allows you to grow quickly within the company
Cons
Its retail, weekends and around holidays you must work...
starts well, ends terribly
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  oakville29 September 2017
a typical day at work included being motivated to sell merchandise by being friendly and competent of store products. work culture was toxic and too much drama.
Amazing staff and amazing work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2017
This being my very first job, it was amazing. Never a dull moment, I learned so much working with plus sized women. I learned how to be confident in my own skin, and on top of that, I got some great customer service experience. The manager was phenomenal, and I wouldn't trade her for anything. She made you feel like you belonged, she listened to your concerns and always had a solution. I spent the best 5 years working at the best part time job!
Pros
great customers, great staff, discounts
Cons
sometimes long hours, and busy days
Amazing
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2017
Provided customer service to various types of people, managed my schedule, learned how to properly fit a full figured woman and how fit is truly crucial and provided an optimal eye on the safety as Safety representative.
As Safety representative, I would go through the provided checklist and ensure the utmost safety of the store, I would also corroborate that the safety kit was fully stocked and available for any associate that would ever need it.I have obtained advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills, methods to keep calm in a crisis situation, to understand deadlines and respect them, to have an eye on audience perception, to be versatile and also be flexible to any situation that may arise.
the only good thing woukd be the discount you get while there
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
a typical day starts with managers handing off their duties to you on top of your duties and then complain about how your not doing your job. The customers are fun energetic people, which is why i stayed for 10 years. you build real bonds of sisterhood with these women. The co-workers are genuinely nice most if the time and we help each other out when needed. I learned how to deal with aggressive angry customers and problem solve fantastically. the hardest part of the job is when the computers break down or are very slow and customers get annoyed and very agitated and are about to walk out on you and you lose that sale. Like i said the most enjoyable thing about the job is the discount and making new friends with the customers that rely on you for fashion knowledge
Pros
discount and prizes for winning sales
Cons
managers who dont know how to be managers
plaisir
Commis vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Boucherville28 July 2017
j'ai toujours eu beaucoup de plaisir a travailler chez AE
esprit d'équipe,
Pros
esprit d'équipe
Cons
competitif
great company to work for but hard work for the pay
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 July 2017
The company is amazing and really taking a turn for the better by putting out great quality plus sized clothing, but sometimes the expectations are high and you really feel like you should get paid more.
Loved working for this company, they guided my carreer in alit of ways.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 June 2017
I worked for this company twice in over a 10 year period. I learned a lot and gained valuble experience. They have a good training program and like to promote within. Overall I enjoyed working for Addition Elle mainly in the Merchandising role.
Pros
Discount in clothes
Cons
Mall hours
Dynamique et amusant
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC13 June 2017
La boutique est comme ma 3e maison et l'équipe une famille. Cela fait 4 ans et demi et malgré les hats et les bas j'y suis toujours. Les gens y sont ouverts et cela fait toujours plaisir de voir repartir une cliente avec le sourire.
Pros
Rabais
Cons
Travailler le soir et lea fins de semaine
Fine if you are hoping for a part-time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2017
Not a bad job, but like every other job where only women work there, who, without trying to sound disrespectful, are not university graduates, things can sometimes become petty...
Pros
You get 50% off the clothes
Awesome environment, minimal advancement
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 May 2017
For working retail, it's pretty standard day-to-day work; organizing stock, helping customers, processing transactions, etc.

I love the company for what it stands for, but they could work a lot harder in the 'management' division of the company. I think they'd really benefit from some one-on-one time with their staff to help them come to the realization of what their pros and cons are.

They have a 'structure' to their day to day tasks, but sometimes have a hard time sticking to it.

Their way of scheduling shifts is disorganized and needs some serious work. Requests for certain/specific days off are almost never given to you or even considered.

The staff are friendly and encouraging, and are really good at problem solving in tricky situations.
Pros
positive/drama-free environment
Cons
scheduling hours/requests for days off
too much drama
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2017
Lots of Drama, no managerial support. not enough training given to new staff. Managers tend to have favorites.

You are forced to clean the bathrooms when that is not part of the job title.
j'ai adoré
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 May 2017
J'ai adoré mon expérience. Surtout l'équipe, l'ambiance au travail et le magasin en tant que tel.
i really hate that these reviews are required...
Sales (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 May 2017
...especially for jobs people haven't worked in more than 5 years. management and so much else changes. I really don't feel comfortable rating them in their current situation.

I was grateful for the employment.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
low pay
Une journée de travail typique
hôtesse de mode (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2017
accueillir les clientes
expliquer la promotions
ranger le magasin
a typical day at work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 April 2017
A typical day at work would included doing stock/merchandising in the back room, un packaging the boxes and getting the product on the sales floor. I enjoy working with my co-workers as i learn a lot from them and have some fun at work.
lots of fun
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North York, ON29 March 2017
The location of this store is very easy to get to and very clean and well organized. The manger and assistant are very friendly and know the merchandise.
Pros
great staff discount
Cons
standing for long hours
Productive and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 January 2017
During my years at Addition-Elle I learned a lot about plus sized fashion as well as dealing with all customer requests and merchandising.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
High pressure sales