DIRECTOR OF CARE
Adam Alexander & Associates has been retained, by the Country Squire Villa, in beautiful Osoyoos, B.C., to assist them in their search for a Director of Care.
Located in the Canada’s only true desert, with the warmest weather and the stunning beauty of the valley, Osoyoos offers something for everyone. Rich in culture and history, the friendly resort town is a celebrated centre for business, conferences and recreation. From the warmest lake to golf, spas, beaches, wineries, fishing, skiing and wildlife watching. Indeed, there is something for everyone, every season of the year.
This challenging and rewarding career opportunity is a key member of the management team and will appeal to the professional that is knowledgeable and experienced in the senior management of a 30 bed adult psycho social rehabilitation facility. Reporting to the CEO, the primary mandate of the position is to provide leadership, direction and overall management of the facilities philosophies, objectives and policies.
The essential responsibilities will include:
- Acts as a resource to the CEO by providing advice and recommendations to ensure sound business decisions;
- Provides management, leadership and direction to all departments and staff to ensure high quality service delivery;
- Collaborates with members of the team to plan, implement and evaluate patient care;
- Plans, organizes, controls, and evaluates management systems, policies and operating procedures, including human resources management;
- Manages the facilities overall operating budget in conjunction with the CEO;
- Liaises with various levels governments, agencies and other health care providers to further the goals and objectives of the Country Squire Villa.
The challenging responsibilities of this position will appeal to the professional who possess a university degree in Nursing ( psychiatric nursing preferred), or equivalent, and is supported by a minimum of 3-5 years demonstrated management experience, preferably within a psychiatric or other health care environment. The successful candidate must also possess knowledge and experience in human resources management, psychiatric program leadership and managing a multi-disciplinary team. A demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization is a must.
Other key requirements include excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills, the ability to set and manage priorities and meet deadlines, proficiency in team building, an ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external contacts, an ability to work collaboratively as a team member, perseverance and resilience, a strong desire to succeed, attention to detail and accuracy and good computer skills with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). The ability to adapt, undertake multiple tasks and respond quickly to changing priorities is imperative.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and skills, please forward your cover letter, resume and salary expectations, in strictest confidence, by Friday, August 15th, 2014, to:
Adam Alexander & Associates
C/o Bill W. Gallis, Senior Principal
Human Resources Management Consultants
968 Nicola Street, Kamloops, B.C., V2C 2R9
Please quote Director of Care in the subject line.
“People Make the Difference”