ACUREN Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work
Inspection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 March 2017
Getting the crew there work assignment for the day task. I would then schedule new work for my crews. I had to attend meeting for future planning of shut down and maintenance.
Pros
greatt beneifits
Cons
Lots of back stabbing.
great place to work, excellent training and opportunity for advancement
Lvl 2 fitter and ice ninja (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 February 2017
Not sure why people would complain about Acuren/Rat
Not only were they supportive of me during a difficult family separation, they paid excellent wages,provided training opportunity for me even tho there was little chance I would be able to remain I. Their employee due to my family situation. Pay was easily fixable if you reported to the proper channels.
I did notice that some who were employed were given opportunities were not always qualified to be there.
Some people gripe about the weirdest stuff, this is the oil patch not the cabbage patch. So if they don't pamper you as you feel you deserve then go back to subway.
I maintain my relationship with the Rat team and will be ever thankful for the experience I gained while being in their employ!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Working with people who feel they should be entitled to more despite having NO experience
Horendeous Managment
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
Everything they can do wrong they did. High turnover rate with staff and management. 4 safety managers in less than 3 years. Each one being worse than the previous. Was blatantly lied to on several occasions. Was promised 2x a raise and promotion, then had my wage cut by 1/2 without notification. The VP doesn't have a clue and keeps hiring unqualified, unprofessional staff.
They preach about the "Acuren Family", which is a complete farce.
After my wages are cut, I explain that I cannot agree to the new contract simply because I cannot pay my mortgage with a 50% pay cut. The following day, they treat me like I am being fired and escort me out and have the gall to tell me that I brought this upon myself.
Never have I been treated so poorly by an employer.
I am just scratching the surface with all the bad things that go on there, happy to be gone.

Save yourself the nightmare and find a real company to work with.
Pros
Severely incompetent managment = Comedic Genious
Cons
You name the top 10 reasons why good employees leave
Glad I joined the team!
Condition Monitoring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 January 2017
Not sure what all the bad reviews are all about. Acuren has treated me very well so far. Good salary and benefits. Glad to have a job all together considering the current market. Had to make some significant sacrifices and move my family to a different province but looking back it was a good move. Management has been great so far and very supportive. Really enjoy the site where I work and the 4 days on/3 off is great! Lots of opportunities to be transferred to different sites, etc.
Pros
Great opportunities from within
Toxic environment
Site (Former Employee) –  Alberta27 July 2016
Save yourself from joining this company. Do not be deceived by their generous pay offer. Too many gossipers, jealous, micro-managing/control freaks and racist people that will pull you down. Missed pay is a norm and hard to chase. Management won't even care. Always a one-sided story to listen.
Pros
Cons
LOTS to mention
Good People to work with
Senior NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 April 2016
As with all industrial settings, safety is number one with Acuren. People are great to work with and easy to talk to. I have worked for them numerous times in the past as a contractor and will more than likely work for them again at some point in the future.
Pros
Varying Schedule
Cons
Veru Physical outdoor work
Don't waste your time
rt 2 (Former Employee) –  Alberta12 February 2016
Just another NDT company that treats you like a number with a bunch of management walking around with thier heads up thier rear ends.
Pros
lots of time at home cause they hire you on then provide no work.
Cons
hire you on just to sit and wait for there call
Great learning environment. Poor office staff and poor communication.
Journeyman B pressure/CWB welder (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 January 2016
Great guys to work with. Experienced crews to feed off and to help build your carreer if you are just starting off.

The lack of concern for missed pay for all trades people by payroll and managerial mistakes are a major concern within this company.

You cannot be afraid of heights if you want to work for this company. They are primarily an IRATA rope access company
Good work place
MINE EQUIPMENT STRUCTURAL VISUAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 January 2016
Safety meeting, jsa preparation, structural visual inspection of haul trucks and shovels. Good coworkers and nie people to work for.
Trés bonne entreprise
Technicien END et visuel du soudage (Former Employee) –  Jonquiere, QC12 August 2015
Très bonne entreprise, mais la situation économique a affaibli cette entreprise au Québec. La concurrence est forte entre les entreprises d'inspection.
Pros
Très bonnes conditions
Cons
Très affecté par la cituation éconique dans le gaz et pétrol
an unhealthy place to work
employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton26 May 2015
Not a good place to work, management did not care about your family life, they will use you and then let you go with no concerns for you, not recommended
Management is unorganized and dishonest
Former dedicated employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 May 2015
They talk about a respectful work environment but don't actually practice what they preach. Senior Management can't be trusted.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Senior Management
Good people to work with and take their job seriously.
Man Watch & NDE Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pictou, NS9 March 2015
My co-workers and supervisor were nice people and helped me with any questions I had related to our work. Safety was never an issue as we always had the right equipment for the job and everyone looked out for one another. Overall a good place to work.
field inspection
QA/QC inspector (Former Employee) –  different city in ontario19 October 2014
 Review of project specifications and scope of work.
 Review of welding procedures and welder qualifications to comply project requirements.
 Work with QA of Vale to fully inspect and evaluate the converter and gas exchangers to make a repair plan for the next shutdown.
 Check all the fit-ups of replaced shells and pipes on the converter and between converter and gas exchangers.
 Perform VT, PT inspection according to ITP and generate daily inspection report.
scheduled over 60 technicians on a daily basis,
TECHNICIAN CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 July 2014
Answered phones and took down information from customers so I could match them up with the job sites. Processed paper work from work sites to bill customers for work. Problem solving in a union enviorment.
Staff was all great, hardworking people that felt like a family. Management was unorganized.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray6 June 2014
Promised lots of hours and all the training I needed. The work was never ending. You were made to feel guilty if you took a day off. No work/Life balance at all. The training never materialized. The pay was low. Management turns a blind eye to plenty that goes on there. They preach and preach that they are a family, but, they don't follow through. Many workers were quitting because of promises that were made that were continuously broken. Was told my work week would be Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm. Ended up working 6am to 6pm, mostly 7 days a week. Was constantly reminded that the person who worked the position before me only took one day off a month. That person quit too.
Pros
Staff was awesome.
Cons
Management is unorganized. Company pay is quite low.
Largest NDE employer in the area
NDE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 October 2013
Mostly 10-12 hr days.
Became quite proficient with UT scanning techniques.
Management seemed often absent.
Coworkers were for the most part very diligent.
Hardest part of job was the extremely cold temperatures.
Enjoyed the ability to work on my own schedule being hired only for shutdowns and turnarounds.
Pros
Union provides good benefits and pension
Cons
no per diem
Bad communication and a employee revolving door
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta21 February 2013
Poor communication, Low pay, Pay cheque amount was always wrong, Call you when we need you, Treated like just another number, Don't provide you with proper work wear, Always nickel and dime you, Lye to you about how much work there is, Lots of politics, They say its a full time when it's actually part time, and you either fit in or you don't. I caution anyone to work there. I also got no Christmas gift or card. There was nothing enjoyable about this job experience.
Cons
lots of them
Very low paying company in comparison to Industry
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta23 January 2013
Nice people, but very low paying job for safety adviors comparitive to industry standards. Safety environment was very challenging and with a workforce that is not full time it is difficult to implement changes as the field groups pratically run on their own and your either accepted or not. The lack of long term safety experience within the company was minimal making it very difficult for a individual seeking long term employment