ACUREN

ACUREN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
an unhealthy place to work
employee (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 26, 2015
Not a good place to work, management did not care about your family life, they will use you and then let you go with no concerns for you, not recommended
Management is unorganized and dishonest
Former dedicated employee (Former Employee), AlbertaMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Senior Management
They talk about a respectful work environment but don't actually practice what they preach. Senior Management can't be trusted.
Good people to work with and take their job seriously.
Man Watch & NDE Assistant (Former Employee), Pictou, NSMarch 9, 2015
My co-workers and supervisor were nice people and helped me with any questions I had related to our work. Safety was never an issue as we always had the right equipment for the job and everyone looked out for one another. Overall a good place to work.
field inspection
QA/QC inspector (Former Employee), different city in ontarioOctober 19, 2014
 Review of project specifications and scope of work.
 Review of welding procedures and welder qualifications to comply project requirements.
 Work with QA of Vale to fully inspect and evaluate the converter and gas exchangers to make a repair plan for the next shutdown.
 Check all the fit-ups of replaced shells and pipes on the converter and between converter and gas exchangers.
 Perform VT, PT inspection according to ITP and generate daily inspection report.
scheduled over 60 technicians on a daily basis,
TECHNICIAN CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 15, 2014
Answered phones and took down information from customers so I could match them up with the job sites. Processed paper work from work sites to bill customers for work. Problem solving in a union enviorment.
Staff was all great, hardworking people that felt like a family. Management was unorganized.
Warehouse (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayJune 6, 2014
Pros: staff was awesome.
Cons: management is unorganized. company pay is quite low.
Promised lots of hours and all the training I needed. The work was never ending. You were made to feel guilty if you took a day off. No work/Life balance at all. The training never materialized. The pay was low. Management turns a blind eye to plenty that goes on there. They preach and preach that they are a family, but, they don't follow through. Many workers were quitting because of promises that were made that were continuously broken. Was told my work week would be Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm. Ended up working 6am to 6pm, mostly 7 days a week. Was constantly reminded that the person who worked the position before me only took one day off a month. That person quit too.
Bad communication and a employee revolving door
NDT Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaFebruary 21, 2013
Cons: lots of them
Poor communication, Low pay, Pay cheque amount was always wrong, Call you when we need you, Treated like just another number, Don't provide you with proper work wear, Always nickel and dime you, Lye to you about how much work there is, Lots of politics, They say its a full time when it's actually part time, and you either fit in or you don't. I caution anyone to work there. I also got no Christmas gift or card. There was nothing enjoyable about this job experience.
Very low paying company in comparison to Industry
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), AlbertaJanuary 23, 2013
Nice people, but very low paying job for safety adviors comparitive to industry standards. Safety environment was very challenging and with a workforce that is not full time it is difficult to implement changes as the field groups pratically run on their own and your either accepted or not. The lack of long term safety experience within the company was minimal making it very difficult for a individual seeking long term employment
Trés bonne entreprise
Technicien END et visuel du soudage (Former Employee), Jonquiere, QCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Très bonnes conditions
Cons: Très affecté par la cituation éconique dans le gaz et pétrol
Très bonne entreprise, mais la situation économique a affaibli cette entreprise au Québec. La concurrence est forte entre les entreprises d'inspection.