Autonomy . Variety . Support
Are you ready to make an impact? This opportunity will allow you to see and touch all areas of HR while leading the HR function in multiple locations with the support of a seasoned HR leader who has led the HR function for a 50 Best Employer and 50 Best Managed company in Canada.
Our client, a leader in the warehousing, distribution and transportation industry is looking for a motivated HR Generalist to join their dynamic team. Located in Calgary, this position is responsible for delivering the daily HR function to the Calgary, Saskatoon and Carberry (MB) warehouse locations.
Reporting to the HR Leader (located in the Winnipeg Head Office), the incumbent will play an important role in delivering and refining the HR function while executing on strategic and tactical HR projects. This position will also have an indirect reporting relationship to the Calgary Facility Manager.
In addition to HR project work and some daily HR admin, this position is responsible for the following: Health & Safety, Recruitment & Staffing, Employee Relations, Organizational Training & Development and HR Counsel & Guidance for all three locations.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive HR experience, preferably within a warehousing or
- CHRP an asset
- Experience in a unionized setting not required but considered an asset
- Previous Organizational Training & Development experience is a strong asset
- Strong business acumen with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to quickly develop
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Proficient in MS Office
- Some travel required. Valid driver’s license strongly preferred
A competitive compensation package, including bonus, benefits and a 100% employer matched RRSP / DPSP plan is being offered. If interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please email a resume and cover letter to Devan Graham through Indeed by Friday, April 19th, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.