Our client, a prominent warehousing and distribution provider, is seeking a qualified HACCP Officer to oversee the HACCP Program and CFIA requirements across all of their facilities in Western Canada. The position is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, ongoing review and continuous improvement of the required quality assurance and food safety programs. These programs include Food Safety Enhancement Program (FSEP) Prerequisite Programs, Standard Operating Procedures, site specific procedures, development and maintenance.
The position will be located in Winnipeg with active involvement in daily HACCP delivery in Winnipeg and will also have oversight responsibilities through local coordinators for our client’s Saskatoon and Calgary facilities.
- HACCP maintenance, reassessment, monitoring and verification
- Conduct audits and inspections in compliance with the FSEP and HACCP Programs
- Create and manage HACCP related work requests from audits, monitoring and inspections
- Update SOPs and forms as necessary from HACCP reassessments and program changes
- Assist and accompany CFIA inspectors during performance of their CVS tasks
- Perform record verification, CCP operator verification
- Participate in Food Safety Meetings with Clients as required
- Conduct HACCP training for all staff
- In-depth HACCP experience including; program development, implementation of programs and self-auditing of a HACCP program
- A minimum of (3) three years of food-related handling experience in areas of GMP / HACCP programs
- Proven communication, leadership and relationship management skills
- Detail oriented approach with strong organizational ability
- Proficiency with computer systems
Are you ready for a rewarding HACCP opportunity? Let’s talk.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and salary expectations through Indeed. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.