Commercial Landscaping Construction Field Staff
Actual Landscaping is a leading commercial landscape construction company with over 25 years of experience in the Lower Mainland. With a great company culture and a vibrant group of individuals, Actual Landscaping values its employees and encourages ongoing training and development.
We are currently hiring a full-time Field Staff to work under the direction of the Operations Manager. The ideal candidate is physically fit, and has some experience in a construction environment.
Basic Function of Field Staff
Field Staff is responsible for meeting or exceeding the day to day goals as set out by the Site Supervisor. S/he performs a variety of landscaping activities.
Here are a few qualifications you need to be successful in this position
- Prior work experience in a construction environment is an asset.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs (23 kg) repeatedly.
- Ability to work safely.
- Demonstrates continued motivation and good hustle.
- Ability to follow instruction.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates eagerness and quick learning.
- Demonstrates a high degree of personal integrity.
Key Duties: Field Staff
- Operate basic hand and power tools in a safe and responsible manner.
- Arrive on time with appropriate gear (PPE) and equipment ready to work.
- Grade and prepare terrain for planting, paving, retaining walls, and drainage as required by project needs.
- Assist in planting shrubs, trees and laying turf, using guidelines set out by BCLNA.
- Assist in installing paving stones and retaining walls according to manufacturer's installation guidelines.
- Ensure minimal material waste.
- Follow instructions provided by the Lead Hand and/or Site Supervisor.
- Demonstrate reliable attendance and adheres to scheduled work hours (include overtime as required).
- Share responsibility for quality of work with all project team members.
Interested applicants must submit their resume and cover letter no later than Friday, March 28, 2014.
Qualified candidates will be considered.
Wages offered will be based on experience and skills.
check us out : www.actuallandscaping.com