Activo Inc Employee Reviews

Great work environment and enjoyable work
Junior Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB5 October 2017
Really enjoy the work environment, everyone is friendly and hard working. Always learning new things and allows you to grow. everyone is very helpful if you ever need help with an issue. Great personal growth potential with the company.
Fun learning environment.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta4 October 2017
I have worked for Activo Inc. going on 4 years now. It has been an awesome company to work for. I have worked within various departments continually learning new aspects of the company. We have interprovincial and office contests. There are incentive programs to encourage positive work ethics and camaraderie. The office I work in has a fun and upbeat atmosphere. I don't intend on leaving Activo anytime soon. I definitely give Activo a thumbs up.
Pros
Decent pay, incentive programs, benefits, family oriented
Cons
I don't really have any cons to relate, other than like any job you have your stressful deadlines to make.
Fun place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON23 May 2017
Fun team to work with. Busy most of the year. Go to see some new in interesting technology. The opportunity to travel within Canada was there although I didn't travel.
formen have huge egos
Electrician (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON5 May 2017
If you have ever had a DUI or have even killed someone while chugging a beer while driving then apply here, you do not even have to have your 309a. just run and hide when the college of trades shows up.
good company but a struggle to stay busy
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2017
typical days would be to meet in the office at 8am to know what the plan for that day is by 9. I learned lots about data cable and how it is run the offices and condos. the managements really struggles to keep their employees busy and working daily.
Pros
great work
Cons
no job security, never sure if you will have work that day
Activo
Senior Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 September 2016
My day starts with ticket and schedule of Telus service ticket and updates on the previous task.
Faced challenges of new technology and continuous knowledge.
The management is flexible in the demands of the customer and field support.
My co-workers are very willing to lend a helping had and support.
Hardest part is the slow down in work.
Accomplishing things(or task) I thought I would not achieve.
Productive, fun and good environment workplace with lunch offer every thursday
Intern Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON4 May 2016
It's an enjoy and busy day that I have learn lots of work both skills and communication. People are nice and friendly also good support as well as the management. I don't have problem about working. Good team work environment and chance for improvement is the most enjoyable part of the job.
good place to start and learn about the industry
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2015
Decent amount of work but not a great atmosphere. Management could be a whole lot better and project manager need to give more detail on what job entail.
Homely and friendly workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham,Ontario12 October 2015
Fun environment to work as long as you get your job done. Flexible also and I enjoy the team spirit in the office. A tyipical day at work ,I monitor project progress and identify areas that might be a potential risk to different project.I also work with the team to find workaround while watching closely cost,time and quality.
Some decent people working for SWO Activo, however the ones who matter are not.
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2015
Typical work day:
• Long hours, long driving distance, no compensation for mileage
Learned:
• Many new things about cabling and how to terminate.
Management:
• South Western Ontario (SWO) manager was fantastic, the rest of the management team and many of the senior techs are very rude, will throw anyone and everyone under the first bus they can
Co-Workers:
• Most techs were very nice and helpful, about 50% of the senior techs only care about them self and nothing else.
Hardest Part:
• Long work hours with little pay, 0 compensation for mileage which really hurts your pocket.
Most Enjoyable:
• Leaving for the day.
learne a lot about telecomunnications
Cabling Technician (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 October 2014
I would assist in installing various telecommunications hardware, I learned about data and voice installation, great supervisor, hardest part was being away from home regularly, most enjoyable was the experience
Pros
travel and meals paid
Cons
incosistent