Active Network

Active Network Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Frostburg, MDNovember 11, 2014
Answer phones, assist customers with any concerns. I learned how different retirement programs work. Management seems too busy at times to answer questions. Co-workers and I got along fine. hardest part of the job was sitting the whole shift. I enjoyed helping customers with their issues.
Productive and Positive Company
Director, Global Technology Operations (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 6, 2014
Good place to work. We work hard and play hard. The technology is great and senior management supports pushing for leading edge solutions.
Was once great, would not recommend anymore
Analyst (Former Employee), ColoradoOctober 29, 2014
There was a time that Active was a great company to work for. Once they were acquired by a private equity firm, everything changed. Development was sent to China, offices began to close and people started getting laid off. Promotions and raises disappeared and the remaining employees were asked to absorb the duties of those who departed without proper – more... compensation. The final straw was moving the HQ from San Diego to Dallas. How can a company that prides itself on fostering an active, outdoor lifestyle move it's flagship to what Outside Magazine named the least outdoorsy city in America? This company is in constant turmoil and your job is on the line every single day. If you're looking for a fun environment that fosters career growth and values its employees, you're a few years too late with this one. – less
loved working with staff and customers
Home Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: no driving, no leaving the house. save money
Cons: night schedule if you have young kids
Team leaders help with your schedule, understanding. Hours are nice, some changes to schedule, but they are willing to work with you. Job security and advancement too.
Great Seasonal Employment
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: being able to help the customers enjoy their recreational time.
Cons: seasonal position
Easy going atmosphere, with team leaders ready and willing to help. My experience at Active network taught me to set boundaries in the work place, and also how to embrace diversity.
Extremely Unorganized
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Broomfield, COOctober 6, 2014
Company is going through many changes so it is very disorganized and job changes on a daily basis. I do feel it will get better in coming years.
Used to be about "Change"
Account Executive (Current Employee), San DiegoSeptember 23, 2014
Now it's about "Big Data" They've relocated.Most enjoyable part of the job is the friends I've made
Pay is good but no flexibility
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), DallasAugust 27, 2014
Pros: worked with good people
Cons: commute
Office moved from Irving to Dallas commuting added a minimum of 2 hours to the work day
Our department co-workers were great
The best thing was the long term relationships gained
My most favorite job ever
Account Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2014
The theater was wonderful. I was able to work my way from ticket agent, to subscription services, to box office manager. During the off season, it was a little slow. The co-workers were great. There wasn't a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part was the free tickets to the plays and concerts.

BEST JOB EVER. I wish I never left it.
Working with Innovative Minds
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: became more computer savvy. enjoyed walking vendors through troubleshooting.
Cons: training wasn't nearly as lengthy as it could have been.
This company was started and ran by its owners. They sold hunting/fishing licenses over the phone and by vendor. All hunting/fishing licenses are printed from the same equipment using web applications and 250 printers. As a customer service rep i sold hunting/fishing licenses, walked vendors through troubleshooting their equipment( we had vendors from – more... over 25 states and didn't have any other technical support. We also performed background checks and processed payments. – less
Not a good place to work with no career path
International Director of Marketing (Current Employee), London, ENGJune 19, 2014
No understanding of international
No vision / strategy
No budget
No resources or support
The employee always comes last
etc...

but expect to be #1 in the world!
work at home job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Ballston Spa, NYJune 16, 2014
Pros: work at home, management
Cons: money
good, stress free place to work. make reservations for state and national parks
Worked as Team Player but also was able to work independently.
Client Application Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego at CaliforniaJune 9, 2014
Pros: rewards for hard work such as free lunches.
Busy and fast paced where being able to multi-task a must. Enjoyed my co-workers and even though I was home-based I felt part of a team and enjoyed everyone..
Overall Pretty Niceplace
Client Service Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 4, 2014
Ive been at this location for 2 years .I have been with the same group of girls since I've started. The hardest part of my job is communication, most management is in another building or another state.
Great Experience
Reservation Agent (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 15, 2014
I had a great time here. Training new people to love and enjoy their job has always been a passion of mine.
I loved this job very much , if given the chance to work there again i WILL take extra advantage of it!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 14, 2014
Cons: the short breaks was really much needed when days was hard.
I Learned So Much At This Job. For My First Customer Service Representative Job Held At Active Network Inc. Was Amazing!!! My Co-Workers Were Very Nice And Helpful Whenever I Needed Help ( which was barely even) The Hardest Part Of The Job Was Really Nothing, My Health And Personal Issues Really Kinda Got In The Way. A Typical Day At Work Was Just Any – more... Ordinary Kind Of Day, It Was Laid Back Some Days And Then You Will Have Times Were It Is Busy. Yet, Me Other The Hand, Held It Together The Best That I Could. The Most Enjoyable Part Of My Job Was Making My Customers Happy By Giving Them The Best Qualified Help That They Needed. – less
Training
At Home Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 24, 2014
The training was very simple and easy to get through. It was so easy for me that i went ahead of the rest of the training class because it was alot of people whom didn't catch on as fast as i did so the besides the training manager saying to me to slow down she called human resources on me and told. I though that was very unprofessional because she – more... was on the line with me and sending all types of other emails but she didn't say hey slow down you are moving ahead of everyone else and we want you all to work together. – less
Great place to work if you like call centers
Participant Service Rep (Former Employee), Frostburg, MDApril 14, 2014
Pros: extended lunches on fridays
Cons: very boring
I did not personally enjoy the call center environment, but if you do the managers are good and the fellow employees are great as well. the work is good and so is the training and benefits. Weekends off, Paid Time Off, and Paid Federal Holidays.
Great Company until it was adquired
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), San DiegoApril 10, 2014
Great Company, not great pay, but good company. After it was bought with vista everything went downhill. It lost it's culture and values.
Great Company!!!
RESERVATION AGENT (Current Employee), Work from homeMarch 31, 2014
Active Network is a great company to work for!!!There very flexible and understanding.

1 2 3

About Active Network

Thinking about enrolling for a marathon or adventure race? The first step is to get fit, but the second one might involve The – Read more