For over 50 years, Active Exhaust has designed and manufactured industry-leading exhaust systems ranging from standard mufflers, to custom-engineered exhaust and emission solutions to meet tomorrow’s environmental demands.
While we’re renowned for advancing the solutions behind spark ignited gasoline engine and diesel exhaust management systems, it’s our dedication to providing our customers with unparalleled service that is the hallmark of our company.
We are currently seeking a Welding Supervisor to join our team. This role is primarily responsible for the day-to-day function of safety, quality and efficiency in the welding department. Welding is expected to be completed on time with 100% accuracy, in order to meet the production schedule and on time delivery to the customer.
- Leads, directs, trains and manages all employees in the welding department including lead hands, “A” welders, “B” welders and fabrication operators.
- Ensures that established standards for labour efficiency & utilization, material utilization & product quality are met within the department.
- Participates in daily Production meeting to ensure that the department is following production schedule & implements corrective action to prevent deviations and meet due dates.
- Responsible for ensuring that all welding is completed accurately, on time and in a minimum of one day in advance of the scheduled shipping date.
- Complies & ensures that all necessary reports (production, labour, rework, scrap and attendance) & written documentation complies with Active Exhaust Corp. policies & procedures as well as updates and maintains all visual whiteboards.
- Ensure all welders understand and apply all essential variables within the welding procedure during welding (i.e. preheat, base material, consumables, travel-speed/direction, gas).
- Ensures all welders follow master samples and a “first off” part gets done at the start or interruption of every job.
- Responsible for troubleshooting welding problems and issues as they arise.
- Ability to understand and apply all Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS).
- Responsible for material storage lay out, proper identification, labeling and storage of all material used in the welding department and analyzing all inventory discrepancies.
- Enforce and actively promote safe work and good housekeeping practices within the current Ontario Safety Legislation by employing daily job observation.
- Ensures that established standards for labour efficiency and utilization, material utilization and product quality are met within the department.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement of Department (plant operations).
- Encourages the welding personnel in attaining Cost Reduction Goals.
- Immediately advise VP of Operations of any circumstances that affect production, quality or safety.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associated trade experience or certification preferred
- Minimum five years of related manufacturing experience required
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting blueprints
- Proficient with all machines and processes in weld department
- Positive leadership and problem solving abilities and the ability to direct, motivate and work well with others.
Indeed - 2 years ago