For over 50 years, Active Exhaust has designed and manufactured industry-leading exhaust systems ranging from standard mufflers, to custom-engineered exhaust and emission solutions to meet tomorrow’s environmental demands.
The QA Technician role ensures that all manufactured products and materials meet company and customer quality specifications. The Quality Assurance Technician responsible extends to checking and testing materials and other parts delivered by outside suppliers.
- Responsible in administering Quality RGA(Returned Goods Authorization) system and Quality Tracker System 'Customer Returns
- Compile Monthly Cost of Quality from Quality Tracker System
- Perform Gauge Calibration System
- Generate and maintain shop floor inspection documentation.
- Provide direction and monitor activities of other quality technicians on shift.
- Act as a quality resource for production and engineering groups.
- Assist plant staff with disposition of non-conforming material.
- Receiving Inspection and Final Dock Audit inspections on new product launch parts to customer drawing and specification requirements
- Work with gauging suppliers to select and order appropriate gauging systems.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement of Department (plant operations).
- Encourages the welding personnel in attaining Cost Reduction Goals.
- Immediately advise VP of Operations of any circumstances that affect production, quality or safety.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post Secondary Education with a technical focus and experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have 3 years' experience working in quality supporting production role
- Must have basic knowledge in measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, indicators and height gauges)
- Must be able to read blue prints and perform GD&T
- Computer Skills (MS Office including previous use of MS Access, Minitab Statistical Software)
- Adaptable with often changing and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Only qualified candidates will be selected for interviews. No agencies or phone calls please.
Indeed - 4 months ago
For over 50 years, we've designed and manufactured industry-leading exhaust systems ranging from standard mufflers, to custom-engineered exh...