For over 50 years, Active Exhaust has designed and manufactured industry-leading exhaust systems ranging from standard mufflers, to custom-engineered exhaust and emission solutions to meet tomorrow’s environmental demands.
While we’re renowned for advancing the solutions behind spark ignited gasoline engine and diesel exhaust management systems, it’s our dedication to providing our customers with unparalleled service that is the hallmark of our company.
We are currently seeking a Fixture Technician to join our team. The purpose of this position is to fabricate jigs, fixtures, tools and exhaust components in support of production activity.
- Assemble welding jigs and checking fixtures to ensure final production components meet dimensional tolerances specified on engineering prints.
- Weld fixture samples in accordance with applicable AWS standards
- Identifying components, jigs and fixtures as required
- Maintain requirements of Tooling Engineer in conjunction with QA department
- Communication & coordination with all other departments & vendors
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- College diploma in Mechanical Engineering/Technologist
- 5+ years’ experience in similar role
- Proficient in use of metal inert gas welding of carbon, stainless and coated steels
- Able to read blue prints (AutoCAD experience considered an asset)
- Understands general dimensions and tolerances, per ASME Y14.5 considered an asset
- Experience building jigs and fixtures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attentive to detail and results oriented
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and complete projects as required.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills