Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs) was established in 1987. We provide high quality contract analytical services covering analysis of geological samples using the most modern state of the art of technology. We are recognized throughout the world as a leader in analytical testing, development services and delivering quality analysis. Actlabs continues to grow globally with approximately 30 laboratories worldwide. We provide analysis in the geochemical and geo-metallurgical market, material testing, agriculture, forensics, environmental and life sciences.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with experience and background as a development chemist to join an established and growing company. At Actlabs, we are committed to rewarding and retaining talented people who are passionate about making a positive impact in their professional and personal lives.
This entry position will be responsible for the implementation and development of analytical testing services for Actlabs. Initially, special emphasis will be placed on chromatographic and bench top methods. Key responsibilities include providing hands on with laboratory development, identify testing bottle necks and help build the method component of the division.
- Post-secondary education at the post graduate level MSc. PhD.
- Successful experience working in an analytical laboratory preferably in a development role
- Ability to set up, maintain and troubleshoot a variety of analytical equipment
- Ability to work independently
- Familiar with multiple analytical techniques both organic and inorganic
- Excellent understanding of chemicals and related safety
- Good understanding lab equipment
- Ability to research new technologies
- Experience QA/QC protocol preferably ISO 17025
- Customer focused and can work with minimal supervision
- High level of analytical chemistry skills
- High level of chromatographic techniques HPLC/GC
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical Thinker and problem solver
Additional Core Duties
- Prepare test solutions, reagents for laboratory testing
- Analyze inorganic/organic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties using a variety of analytical equipment including GC and HPLC
- Develop, improve analytical methods
- Participate in test procedures for analyzing components in a wide array of matrices
- Implement new tests and work directly with management with the goal of expanding analytical services
This is a brand new division within Actlabs. The position will be a key technical role and the individual will be expected to play a vital role in its development. The successful candidate reports to the R&D Manager to develop strategies and implement new lab services in any geographical location supported by Actlabs.
Decision Making Authority
This position will have authority and responsibility for the development of bench top analytical procedures and a collaborative voice in the divisional implementation of new services. The position will work within fiscal budgets and have some departmental growth responsibilities. This person will also participate in the establishment standard methods as determined by regional BD needs.
Please note that applicants applying for Canadian job positions must be authorized to work in Canada.
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward a cover letter, resume and salary expectations via e-mail to the HR Manager or fax to 905-648-9613. Please include the position name in the subject line.
We welcome resumes from all interested candidates, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quality Analysis in a Timely Fashion – Innovative Technologies-
Dedicated to Supporting our Clients