Senior Analytical Chemistry Research Chemist-Minerals Division
Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs) was established in 1987. We provide contract analytical services covering analysis of geological samples including rock, soil, water and vegetation using the most modern state of the art technology. We are recognized throughout the world as a leader in analytical testing, development services and delivering quality analysis. Actlabs continues to grow globally with approximately 30 laboratories worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who has the technical background in analytical chemistry looking to join an established and growing company. This is for a fulltime position with the company. At Actlabs, we are committed to rewarding and retaining talented people who are passionate about making a positive impact in their professional and personal lives.
Minimum B.Sc. in Chemistry or related scientific discipline
Minimum of five years of R&D experience with ICP OES, ICP MS, XRF, INAA, Fire Assay or minimum of two years of R&D experience with ICP OES, ICP MS, XRF, INAA, Fire Assay and a MSc or PhD in Chemistry or related scientific discipline
- Excellent problem solving/analytical capabilities
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to give suggestion and act on next plausible step when problems arise
- Ability/desire to learn new analytical techniques quickly
- Self motivated and ability to work independently or as part of a group
- Strong computer and communication skills (verbal and written)
1. Perform root cause analysis and putting in place corrective and preventive actions of technical problems occurring within our processes, in order to improve our processes.
2. Research, development and validation of new methods of analysis or the improvement of current methods of analysis
3. Authoring of Quality Operating Procedures - R&D of new scientific instrumentation
4. Provide leadership, training and guidance to technicians.
7. Develop new technologies and methodologies that will help grow the business in new directions by listening to customers for opportunities.
8. Timely filing and review of reports and department paperwork.
9. General housekeeping as needed or assigned.
Actlabs offers a comprehensive benefit program.
We welcome resumes from all interested candidates, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that applicants applying for Canadian job positions must be authorized to work in Canada.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations via fax to 905-648-9613. No Phone Calls Please.
Quality Analysis in a Timely Fashion – Innovative Technologies- Dedicated to Supporting our Clients