Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs) was established in 1987. We provide contract analytical services covering analysis of geological samples including rock, soil, water and vegetation using the most modern state of the art technology. We are recognized throughout the world as a leader in analytical testing, development services and delivering quality analysis. Actlabs continues to grow globally with approximately 30 laboratories worldwide. We provide analysis in the geochemical and geo-metallurgical market, material testing, agriculture, forensics, environmental and life sciences.
Sample Preparation General Labour positions are available in our Sample Preparation Department. You will be working with rocks and soils and preparing them for analysis in our labs. These positions are not suitable for those who cannot do periodic lifting throughout the day. Due to safety concerns, contact lenses are not permitted to be worn in the labs at anytime. Strict adherences to safety procedures are required.
Specific Job Duties:
- Crushing and preparing geological/environmental samples for analysis
- Working with light industrial equipment
- Lifting of up to 25+ pounds occasionally
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good eye-hand coordination and computer skills
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail
- Demonstrates common sense
- Works well as a team and works well independently
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure
- Compliance with the company’s Health & Safety and Professional Conduct Policies
Actlabs provides a comprehensive benefit package. Salary: $15.00 per hour.
Please note that applicants applying for Canadian job positions must be authorized to work in Canada.
Interested applicants should submit a resume with a cover letter including the position title in the subject line via fax to 709-896-9415.
We welcome resumes from all interested candidates, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quality Analysis in a Timely Fashion-Innovative Technologies-
Dedicated to Supporting Our Clients