Quality Assurance Associate
Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs) was established in 1987. We provide high quality contract analytical services covering analysis of geological samples using the most modern state of the art of technology. We are recognized throughout the world as a leader in analytical testing, development services and delivering quality analysis. Actlabs continues to grow globally with approximately 30 laboratories worldwide. We provide analysis in the geochemical and geometallurgical market, material testing, agriculture, forensics, environmental and life sciences.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to join an established and growing company. At Actlabs, we are committed to rewarding and retaining people who are passionate about making a positive impact in their professional and personal lives.
1.Investigate and follow up on non-conformances and complaints with Technical Operation departments to deliver effective technical and quality corrective measures.
2.Share in the performance of Annual Internal Audits (Ancaster and other Canadian, foreign sites), creation /revision of standard operating procedures, client quality agreements and audits, validation, complaint system, Change Controls, Training, OOS system, trending and other quality system requirements.
3.Maintenance of Establishment and other regulatory requirements.
4.Issuance and approval of GMP Certificate of Analysis, procedures, protocols, reports.
5.Perform Quality Control / Quality Assurance checks and audits of GLP studies.
6.Provide WHMIS training.
7.Write reports as required.
8.Carry out the duties and functions of the Quality Assurance Manager in their absence.
9.Any other tasks assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager.
Education Required: B.Sc. or related science
Advanced training or education may be an asset
- Good working knowledge of analytical technologies for inorganic elements
- Strong computer knowledge and skills, detail-orientated and motivated
- Ability to multitask and to meet deadlines
- Ability to perform under pressure to achieve turnaround requirement
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and prioritizing skills
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to give suggestion and act on the next plausible step when problems arise
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Ability to travel (i.e. domestic and foreign sites)
- Knowledge of ISO 17025, GMP, GLP an asset
- Problem solver and analytical thinker
- Resourceful and logical
- Able to establish effective working relationships and manage conflict constructively/positively
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices
Suitable candidates are encouraged to forward a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to the HR Manager via fax to 905-648-9613 . Please include the position name in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Quality Analysis in a Timely Fashion – Innovative Technologies
Dedicated to Supporting our Clients