Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs) was established in 1987. We provide high quality contract analytical services covering analysis of geological samples using the most modern state of the art of technology. We are recognized throughout the world as a leader in analytical testing, development services and delivering quality analysis. Actlabs continues to grow globally with approximately 29 laboratories worldwide. We provide analysis in the geochemical and geometallurgical market, material testing, agriculture, forensics, environmental and life sciences.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to join an established and growing company. At Actlabs, we are committed to rewarding and retaining people who are passionate about making a positive impact in their professional and personal lives.
Quality Assurance Associate should have the training, expertise and experience necessary to fulfill their responsibilities. They must be familiar with the test procedures, standards and systems operated at or on behalf of the test facility.
Individuals appointed to QA functions should have the ability to understand the basic concepts underlying the activities being monitored. They should also have a thorough understanding of the Principles of GLP.
QA personnel are responsible to perform routine inspections (study based, facility based and process based). National GLP monitoring authorities may occasionally require access to the contents of inspection reports in order to verify the adequate functioning of QA.
Compliance with GLP is a regulatory requirement for the acceptance of studies.
Education Required: B.Sc. or related science
Advanced training or education may be an asset
- One year experience
- Good working knowledge of analytical technologies for inorganic elements
- Strong computer knowledge and skills,
- Detail-orientated and motivated
- Ability to multitask and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and prioritizing skills
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work well independently, and with minimal direct supervision and with others
- Problem solver and analytical thinker
- Resourceful and logical
- GMP experience and knowledge is an asset
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Know and understands GLP
- Assure GLP compliance of testing facility and management
- Independent from study director, management and technical staff
- Must not participate in directing or conducting a study
- Review SOPs and study plans for GLP elements
- Perform regular GLP facility inspections
- Perform in phase audits of all phases of the study (log in, prep. extraction, analysis, and raw data)
- Maintain written records of inspections
- Report findings to PI, facility management and study directors
- Audit raw data and final reports
- Maintain and retains master schedule
- Retain copies of all protocols, deviations and amendments
- Monitor quality control procedures are in place and being followed
- Monitor calibration and maintenance of equipment
- Prepare quality assurance statements in final reports
- Detail in phase study inspections in final report
- Ensure the final report reflects the raw data accurately
- Train personnel on GLP requirements
- Support other business areas and quality functions as required
Suitable candidates are encouraged to forward a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to the HR Manager via e-mail or fax to 905-648-9613. Please include the position name in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Quality Analysis in a Timely Fashion – Innovative Technologies
Dedicated to Supporting our Clients