Actionlink Employee Reviews

Poor
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  South florida4 December 2017
Poor training and management, would recommend another, the management structure was unbearable. They want you to do too many projects at one time in a short time.
Very Faced Paced Atmosphere
Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI19 October 2017
Required flexibility in terms of being able to sale a different product on a daily basis. Required quick thinking on feet. Also, required flexibility in mobility.
I Loved This Job
Intel Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL22 September 2017
I absolutely loved this job. Actionlink is a great company to work for and the management really cares. I stared in a holiday position and management noticed how hard I was working and moved me to another store that was a year-round location. It really did not feel like work and I do truly miss the company as I had to leave due to scheduling conflicts from my full-time position at another job. I fully recommend anyone who loves technology to apply for this position.
Working as a rep for Actionlink
Manufacturer's Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CO20 September 2017
I have worked as a manufactures representative in consumer electronics for over 30 years. Retail is fast paced and gut wrenching every day. There is no magic in retail sales or consumer electronics You show up and you pitch your available products and either customer buys from you or goes home and shops on the internet with the data that you have provided them. When you are on commission and sell a large home theater package and installation, you are usually rewarded with a commission check or bonus.

The thing about sales is that sometimes you can make as much money as you would like and then do t again the next day versus hourly or commission only jobs. The bottom line is that you the salesperson influence the decision of the buyer so that he is satisfied with their purchase and they will tell all their friends and family to come and see you when they need something in their home.
Great job for flexibility
MERCHANDISING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Suffolk County, NY5 September 2017
I originally started this job because I needed something flexible and it turned out to be just what I had needed so I stuck with it. I used to get a lot more travel opportunities which I loved, but recently I haven't traveled far from my home which is disappointing.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
no raises
lots of travel
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NC29 August 2017
if you love to travel then this is the job for you. Because of the area i live in you are expected to travel out of your area when they need extra assistance. Extra assistance means extra pay for you.
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
waiting for products, could change your schedule
Great job to put skills to use.
Sony Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CA9 August 2017
Actionlink is great place to work. You can use all skills acquired at previous sales jobs. Not a place for new sales person. No one is holding your hand to hit your goals.
lot of work and travel, for smqall pay
Electronic merchandiser vendor (Former Employee) –  Connecticut28 July 2017
travel pay reduced, not a full time job.and then after you return home , have to spend hours uploading pictures and job review forms. hours would vary week to week with some overnight jobs.
Great source of Income with very flexible schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH16 July 2017
Actionlink is a company that is all about their employees. They will work with you in any area that you may have questions. Loved the flexible work schedule.
Totally unorganized
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX12 July 2017
Company spent enormous amount of money on managers meeting only to lay-off (one month later) most of the new managers and long tenure, well producing managers that the new operations manager wanted to replace.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
unorganized company
Awesome Company!
Electronics Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE19 June 2017
The only company that started me out at $15/hr .

They treated me like a king with show up bonuses.

If you have a job that is far away they will rent you a car .

They treat you right!
Mediocre management
Brand Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CA12 June 2017
At all levels. The position was essentially the same as Marketstar - products, clients and territory. Worked as much as 60 hours per week, non-compensated overtime and travel. Several class action suits seem to have corrected that problem - smaller territory, more qualified management. Top management hasn't changed - minimal concerns about employees in the field - just bodies creating revenue.
Pros
Fun products, varying assignmenst
Cons
Management is distant.
Decent Opportunity
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NY5 June 2017
Much room for growth, be patient with management and always do what you say you're going to do. The company is willing to help the employee in any way possible.
Pros
Discounts on Intel Products
Cons
Micromanagement
Inpendent
Merchandising/Set-Up (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL30 May 2017
Hardest is not knowing, if you will working one week or just sitting. Assignments/projects have been very slow now for past 2 years. You are a third party labor when you do visit a retail stores to set up or install a display; 95% of the time you will be working alone and need basic tool kit. Sometime vendors/clients ship the displays straight to the store and hope you when arrive to that store location the display is good shape and has not been open or damaged.
The Culture at Actionlink
Brand Ambassador/ Sales & Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL26 May 2017
A good company to work for when they have work, otherwise you can be home waiting for them to load up some hours. If you are good with management you will stay busy anyone else who cares is the attitude.
hard work not enogh pay
Merchendizing Over Night Team (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH25 May 2017
working for action link was long hours not enough pay they have very poor communication at this place constant changing of managers leaving me with no work assisgned it was extremely annoying and frustrating as I was a hard worker.
Working here
Sales Representative and marketing (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX24 May 2017
Working for actionlink was one of the best experience that has ever given to me. It helped me learn about computers, customer services, training others and work with no supervision. Regional manager I worked for was kind, easily talk to, always try to teach/train your mistakes and patient. Been with this company for 2 years and working with intel project helps me improve on my skills and knowledge.
Pros
breaks
Cons
no benefits
Great Part Time Job
Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH8 April 2017
Actionlink is a great workplace if you are looking for something part time. You meet great people and learn new things evey day. Through the company I have traveled the United states. They have so many different jobs one can do
Pros
Set your Schedule
Cons
Hours based on work load
Amazing Company
Fayetteville Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC25 March 2017
Actionlink is not a well-known company but they should be. They are one of the greatest companies I have worked for. They work woth their employees for optimal performance and excellent service.
Not so great
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WV17 March 2017
I worked at Actionlink 6 years ago and you had to download your reports and print them each day. Then you completed each report in writing during each store visit and at the end of the day, you would input your answers online and upload the data. It made for very long days.
Pros
Job
Cons
Report procedures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Actionlink. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7