We are hiring a full-time Accounting Clerk for our busy metal recycling company. The ideal candidate will be a self starter that feels comfortable jumping right in and performing accounting and office duties with minimal supervision.
This position’s focus is on accounts payable and receivable while also being the back up to the front desk purchasing position.
- Keeping accounts payable and receivable current and accurate.
- Counting, managing, and reconciling cash.
- Front Desk Purchaser back up for breaks and vacation/sick days.
- Bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Office supplies management and ordering.
- Communicating with vendors and customers to resolve discrepancies.
- Completing year end duties and schedules accurately and efficiently.
- Other duties as required.
To apply for this position you must have:
- Recent Simply Accounting or Quick Books hands on experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- At least one year experience in accounts payable.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in accounts receivable.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and the wage is $14.00 per hour. Candidate’s with an accounting education are preferred and may receive a higher wage depending on the level of education. The position also includes group benefits and other incentives after completion of a three month probation period.
Please email your resume in confidence to: leslie at actionmetals.ca or fax (250) 765-4795.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.