Actavis

Actavis Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Just like going to work
Material Handler, Line Operator (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMarch 29, 2014
I worked overnight and setup the line,bring products to the line.
Got to learn the new machines they put on the lines
The management are not quite friendly and don't know how to talk there employees.
I worked with alot of females so they like to talk alot and drama.
The hardest is listening to these females go at each other.
Trying to help anyone that – more... need help. – less
Non motivated/ not a humanfriendly
Quality (Current Employee), Elizabeth,NJMarch 23, 2014
Pros: if you can commit 24/7 as morden slavery
Cons: forget your family life and personal health
Worst place to work.No value of employee/families and safety.
Quantity and numbers are important than human lives and health
BEWARE of toxic and parasitic work environment
NA (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJMarch 4, 2014
Pros: please see above
Cons: please see above
I have been working at Actavis full-time

Acquirement of Warner Chilcott, Forest Labs and Aptalis within the past 6 months.

Pros – An experience to put on my resume. Learned to avoid companies like this in the future.

Cons – Too many to name - management does not know how to manage anyone, HR ignores the meaning of confidentiality, high turnover due – more... to high dissatisfaction of employees of their management, management instills fear and pretentiousness, no transparent communication, walking on eggshells......

Advice to Senior Management – true colors will shine on your management skills when good people start flocking out the door.

No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company – less
Compliance manager for product quality.
Manager, Quality Complaint Operations (Current Employee), Corona, CAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: work hard
Supported the product complaint system at Actavis through; leading and managing product complaint investigations, performing data analysis and trending of complaint information to proactively detect signals and take appropriate actions in a timely manner. Subject matter expert in training others in quality process related to post-market product complaints/adverse – more... event associated with Actavis/Watson products in accordance with department policies and procedures as well as applicable FDA and international guidance and regulations – less
Lots of employee perks
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 1, 2014
Employer provided very good perks for employees, monthly luncheons,offsite holiday parties,beautiful office enviornment,inside and out.Communication between departments was excellent.
Productive and fun workplace, where team playing is an asset
Chargeback Analyst (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: when management wasn't stressed, they would spend the morning with saying hello, and then ask about your family members...most times it wasn't superficial, but some were the opposite
Cons: the personable secured workers were extremely nice people to work with.
My typical day at work was enjoyable most times; while being quite stressful other times.

Management was quite stressed out from their workload, and had a tendency of stressing out their workers. The majority of the co-workers were hard workers with a few being slackers; especially if management were their friends.

The uncomfortable part of the job – more... was meeting deadlines that was changed at the last minute, and then once corrected, it would also change again. – less
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Barnstaple, ENGDecember 30, 2013
very enjoyable place to work, shame I was let go due to low work levels.
fun place to work with great positions for advancement
Material Handler (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILDecember 15, 2013
Pros: clean work area and great staff
Cons: short breaks
arriving at work ten minutes early go to my station set up for the work day, make sure my team is ready and know what we have to accomplish for the day. management and security sits and supervises our actions, there really is not a hard part to my position but the most enjoyable is the people i get to work with.
Actavis is a great place to work. Friendly and supportive environment.
Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant (contractor) (Current Employee), Parsippany and North BrunswickDecember 14, 2013
Pros: friendly working environment
Cons: for me....the long commute.
Spent almost two years with Actavis as a Sr. Talent Acquisition Consultant. Great people and great working environment. The company is rapidly growing and has quickly become one of the top employers in the Pharmaceutical industry.
You will work hard in any position at Actavis (as you would with any strong, growing company). However, you will be rewarded – more... with competitive bonuses and advancement opportunities within the company. Actavis has has very strong Global presence as well and this will often create international opportunities for its employees.
The best part about the job is the great people that I had the opportunity to meet with. Always friendly, smiling and supportive.

If you have an opportunity to join Actavis....GO FOR IT! – less
packing
Packing Operator (Former Employee), Edison, NJOctober 21, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: working harder then others to keep the line running
Set up the machine put the table/ cap in the Hooper then thread the label on the machine for a pre -start then check the line for clearest to run
Field Sales
Medical Sales (Former Employee), Eugene OrOctober 10, 2013
Pros: new name
Cons: territory to large
This was not a good territory and the management poor. I would go on to something else. Salary was low $50,000 and benefits not industry standards. Very Cheap company car which was all the district manager talked about.
n/a
MRF Operator, Operator D/Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJOctober 10, 2013
· Responsible for the disassembly, cleaning, set-up, operation, inspection, in-process testing, and
documentation of all MRF processes and equipment in accordance with applicable procedures, Master
Formulas, and cGMP’s.
· Monitors processes and ensures compliance with applicable SOP(s) & Master Formula(s) and all FDA
DEA, and OSHA regulations.
· Ability – more... to understand and operate an assortment of production equipment within each manufacturing
process. Capable of disassembling and assembling area specific production equipment and
troubleshooting processes and equipment related issues to maintain quota.
· Identify, implement, facilitate, and oversee trainings and coaching of operators. – less
Always challenging to get doctors to stop and listen to what you have to say
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rockland CountyOctober 2, 2013
Pros: the customer is an educated person
Cons: industry is always changing
After selling in the same territory for 25 years it is nice to get the respect from doctors and staff. They want to hear what you have to say and they even listen.
Productive and fun workplace
Quality Assurance / Quality Control Specialist I (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 1, 2013
*Normal day work with normal hours, with little flexibility.
*Earn a new experience and a new technology up to date.
*Very high professional quality management system.
*working as team work with c-worker which make the job successful.
*hardest part of the job the deadline lead to more stress for the job.
*Most enjoyable part of it when the job is done – more... successfully . – less
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Corona, CAApril 4, 2013
Actavis, Inc. provided an environment that challenged me to think beyond the traditional four walls. It had the best in class colleagues who were supportive and informative. Actavis instilled the meaning of professionalism. It enhanced pertinent oral and written communication skills through perpetual collaboration with various departments and management – more... levels to establish and achieve goals. Furthermore, it sharpened skills in areas such as project management, presentation, data analysis, and reporting. – less
Worst place I've ever worked in my life.
Chemical Processor 4 (Former Employee), LincolntonJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: 16 vacation days per year to start
Cons: that awful feeling of just walking in the door.
5 years at Actavis as a chemical processor. Horrible training. You will be discplined for doing something wrong even if it's the way you were trained.
Supervisors are rarely out on the floor seeing what you do, so they know little about the quality of person they have.
HR uses thier power to intimidate people instead of helping them.
They run all the – more... manufacturing departments and have no clue who is a good employee and who isn't. They will look you right in the eyes and lie.
Constant turnover.
No motivation to be a good worker. No recignition, not even a "Thank You". No potential for advancement.
Don't waste your time unless your desperate, and don't mind being treated like a red-headed step child.
The feeling of realizing I never had to go back here was one of the greatest I have ever experianced in my life. – less

AssistantByYOURside – March 12, 2013

So then, all I can expect, is to... ... report to work and strive to 'do my best' only to hope to achieve some measure of personal gratification for a job well done? ... And to be left on my own to 'self-govern & independently execute my tasks'? ... then to, hopefully, consistently collect my pay (at the end of the pay period - without any expression of gratitude or recognition from the employers, at all!!! Then clock out and go home everyday?! Sounds like WORK to me, baby!!! As Long as they get my name and money, due me for services rendered, correct ... WOHOOOO, who cares?!!! I'll pat myself on the back & buy my own trophies ... just hire me, pay me & keep me til I retire (on my own). Don't even have to SMILE at me. Won't keep me from smiling at them. I'm just full of 'smiles' so are my friends ... so a lack of 'fun, recognition or smiles' at work, won't affect me! As for advancements, I'll advance myself, I'm creative!!! I only expect to get PAID!! And if I am getting 'paid', then it's ALL GOOD!! :) I appreciate this post, because it always helps to get an opinion from someone who has been on the inside! Thanks! *Hugz!*

Always room to grow
Scientist (Current Employee), NCSeptember 11, 2012
Small town manufacturing business with a close knit small town atmosphere. Able to learn and grow within the company while working closely with management to solve problems. The company is always expanding and growing from the manufacturing site to global.
Research Scientist with more than 15 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Developed, implemented and tracked stability summary reports
Research Scientist I, Analytical Development Lab (Former Employee), Little Falls, NJAugust 22, 2012
ACTAVIS (Formerly Amide) Little Falls, NJ 2005 – 2009
Research Scientist I, Analytical Development Lab
Scheduling and assigning the analysis of stability samples and maintaining the stability database. Supported research and development production with releasing of final ANDA batches and regulatory for application of new product.
• Reviewed and evaluated – more... current analyzed reports to improve accuracy, precision, and sensitivity for formulation conditions and acceptability to regulatory agencies.
• Assembled and correlated in preparation of validated methods, data and documents.
• Reviewed data in notebook, reports and protocols for release, calibration of Instrument and Method Validation of Various Products.
• Introduced Stability Software Version 6.2.1 database and trained four analysts.
• Developed, reviewed, and implemented appropriate documentation as needed to maintain regulatory compliance.
• Formulated responses to FDA comments or requests from ANDA or NDA submission products.
• Contributed to laboratory practices by enhancing rules in complete and orderly manner including data recording labeling of solutions and standards. – less
so far was one of the best jobs ive had next to the group home
Package Operator (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCAugust 12, 2012
Pros: the enviornment in itself
Cons: n/a
the peolpe there were great, we always brought food and had dinners, it ran pretty smooth most of the time
Great culture but very weak management
Area Business Manager - Kadian (Current Employee), NJAugust 7, 2012
Pros: very "adult" culture, a lot of autonomy to run your own territory as a business
Cons: only use contract employees, no loyalty, little if any comminication, autonomy can bite back
Great job, a lot of autonomy until they do blind business analysis and eliminate your territory without any warning or explaination as to what is going on. very poor management and weak in the branded pharmaceutical market scared of their own shadows.
only use contract employees

About Actavis

As its name implies, the Actavis U.S. is the US manufacturing and marketing unit of global generics firm Actavis. The company – Read more