Actavis

Actavis Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A growth company with a forward looking management.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Corona, CAApril 13, 2015
Typical work day is typical accounting work.
I learned a lot about the accounting cycle and about forecasting.
Sales, R&D and Manufacturing environment.
Productive days with fun diverse coworkers. The work itself is rewarding feel as if I am helping people recieve medicine that helps day to day lives.
MANFACTURING WORKER (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2015
Pros: I enjoy the pay, hours, coworkers.
Cons: I work with harsh cleaners.
Every day is different I could be working with packaing operators, CDL learning how to run different machines, or helping out mix with dispensing matterails for the next batch to be made. I enjoy this company very much from the hours, the pay, to my diverse coworkers. The Management is very hands on the CEO says goodmorning everyday in each room.They keep us all up to date with trainings. The work can be hard but I like going home tired knowing I tried my best.
It's okay
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYApril 3, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Management, benefits
Taking over a lot of US companies and laying everybody off. Management could be a lot better. They do not care about their employees
good place to work
Chemist II (Former Employee), Corona, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not holding people accountable
great place to work and learn; friendly management and employees; a great place to perfect your skills; high volume, fast paced work environment
Growing Fast
Professional Sales Specialist (Current Employee), MilwaukeeMarch 23, 2015
A fast growing company, on the move!
They are going through a great deal of transition on their way to becoming the foremost Growth Pharma company in the world.
Loved it!
Process Operator (Former Employee), Corona, CAMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work. Wonderful bosses and wonderful co-workers! Learned how to manufacture and operate a tablet press.
Strong Growth Pharmaceutical Company
Division Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2015
Good place to work and learn the industry and how to focus on the interaction with the Doctors. The work life balance is good.
Productive workplace ,focuse on accoplish it's goal and objetives
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), FajardoMarch 16, 2015
Warehouse Supervisor: Responsible for managing and directing the activities of shipping, receiving, dispensing, inventory, and messaging. Bought department material needs. Supervised all warehouse employees.

Chemical Weighing Supervisor: Managed manufacturing activities in Central Weighing area. In charge of Weighing, Blending, and Milling. Managed all chemical weigh employees.

Senior Manufacturing Operator: Operated, troubleshot and maintained pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging equipment on a consistent and timely manner. Determined needs and provided recommendations for existing equipment and processes. Coordinated manufacturing process personnel.
Strong company to work for good pepole to work with
Material Handler I (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: sometime long hours
I learned more about SAP. A typical day was busy, fast- paced and long. The most enjoyable thing about my job was learning the different types for forklifts.
What used to be is no longer...
Middle Management (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 1, 2015
Pros: the company keeps growing. if you're a lemming, go to work there.
Cons: park your free-thinking and confidence at the door.
There was a time when opinions mattered, when effort, ingenuity and looking at things from a different view mattered. That ended when Watson "bought" Actavis. Actavis management took over. European mentality that Americans were inferior and their opinions meant nothing was pervasive. To question was to put a target on your back. Only the sheep who were fed to political wolves remained.
With all of the additions to this company, too much jockeying for position seemed more important than actually getting the work done. It's too bad. I really thought I had a future there.
Excellent workplace
Industrial Engineer/ OpEx Engineer (Current Employee), Fajardo, PRFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great people and benefits
This is an excellent company to work in. The people is very warm and makes you feel like part of a family creating a great place to work.
Upper management are micro-managers
Scientist (Current Employee), Commack, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Company atmosphere is changing as new CEO doesn't care about anything other than shareholders pockets. As an employee of former Forest Laboratories, Actavis doesn't care about the employee as much as Forest did.
Not a very good place to work.
Warehouse operator 1 (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: co works
Cons: everything else
First shift works 10 to 12 hour days and the new "supervisor" acts like a child. I would not recomend this company to anyone. You will work pointless weekends. The raise that you will be givin isn't worth the one year wait. The co works are good people but severaly miss treated by management.
Productive and best place to learn new skills in Quality Control
Chemist II (Former Employee), Corona, CaFebruary 18, 2015
A typical workday for me will be, get to work at 8: 00 a.m., check in workday to make sure my trainings are updated (SOP's and Test Methods), if not train on required training, go to lab, set up my instruments and glass wares for testing. I will then obtained my workbook or notebook as applicable and start performing my test per Test method or SOP while documenting every step accurately and precisely.

I learned about " Time management, quality test to produce quality results and team work"

Management was great, seems to listen to junior staff implantations on subjects pertaining to the lab. My co-workers were awesome and we all work well to produce quality products.

The hardest part of the job was when you spent all 6-8 hours preforming analysis only to find out the next day that your results are invalid due to a minor or sometimes huge error created by you or the instrument.

The most enjoyable part of my job was developing new skills as I prepared and perform my analysis.
Learned many new aspects of Pharma
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: relationships with dr's and staff, seeing the end-user of my products happy and feeling better.
Cons: not enough hours in the day!
I love being a Specialty Rep! With this company, I was able to call on Urology physicians and learned a ton of new things! A new system of the body, four new productive and efficacious products, new management and new team members.
A typical day for me started in a specific region of my territory, which encompassed Brooksville to Clearwater and as far as Lakeland, usually at a Starbucks to get coffee and pastries for some offices that morning (they LOVE it when you do that!); headed in to do total office calls and to see the Dr's to detail them on my products, answer any questions and to ask for the business. Depending on whether or not I had a lunch that day, I would usually use that down time to travel to my next office, make any phone calls I needed to and finish the rest of my day afterwards.
The hardest part of my job was the integration of several new companies that were purchased by Actavis within 8 months of my employment, although I was able to sharpen my skills by being able to adapt and overcome any new challenges they presented.
The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely experiencing my Dr's offices. I love doing what I do every day and the relationships I was able to establish with them was truly fulfilling for me.
Exciting work environment
Internal Medicine Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Actavis is a very good organization to work for that offers a challenge on growing your career as well as an exciting place to work .
Productive professional environment
Scientist V/Sample Management/RSO (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Excellent learning opportunity, with management support for career advancement. Professionalism, great managers and co-workers. I certainly enjoyed my days at Forest Research Institute/Actavis.
Productive and active environment
Associate Director - Sales Force Effectiveness (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 28, 2015
A dynamic organization that is forward thinking focused on the promotion of brand therapies in diverse therapeutic areas. There is a defined career pathway and developmental opportunities for field sales personnel which appropriately challenges as well as allows employees to create future career growth.
volatile enviroment
Clinical Trial Manager (Current Employee), Rockaway, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: no work from home, no support from managers
Growing pains, but not yet a good place to work for. There are lot of issues with mergers. Poor communication.
a growing company..
Third Party QA Specialist (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: many perks
Cons: poor management
one learns many different things, great for resume building.

1 2 3 4

About Actavis

As its name implies, the Actavis U.S. is the US manufacturing and marketing unit of global generics firm Actavis. The company – Read more