Actavis

Actavis Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diversified branded and generic drug company
Executive Director, Portfolio & Project Management (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2015
Leading the Actavis Global Brands R&D Project Management Department was exciting and challenging because numerous drug products were in various development stages at any given time, and geographically diverse cross-functional project teams and external alliances with development partners had to be managed simultaneously against aggressive timeline and budget constraints. In addition, the Project Management function had to be efficiently integrated following several large acquisitions by this aggressively growing company.
Chemist I (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityJune 4, 2015
I enjoy working in the laboratory environment. The people were helpful. The hardest part of the job is remembering every little detail.
Not with them for long
Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee), Commack, NYMay 24, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: moving to New Jersey
As Actavis bought out Forest labs and are now closing the Long Island plant, I really don't have much to say.
We are in shut down mode right now. All of our regular responsibilities are very diversified.
An Excellent Family
Process Operator IV, Lead (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityMay 22, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits, bonuses and the pay was great.
Cons: very long shifts
This was one of the best places I have had the pleasure to work for. A typical day for me would range from training personnel and reviewing batch records to running equipment and guiding fellow employees to the various tasks and jobs according to their training and skills. My co-workers were fun and energetic, an excellent group to be with. Management had the interests of the company and its employees well in hand. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts and the best part was the people I had the pleasure of working with.
Great Health Care coverage and vacation time
Data Analyst II (Former Employee), ft lauderdaleMay 21, 2015
Great company to work for over all. Florida locations are great. The yearly bonuses were good. there was opportunity for career growth.
Excellent company to work for
Senior Microbiologist (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 16, 2015
Pros: So much different activities everyday
Cons: Excellent healthcare benefits and much more to explore.
Actavis is one of the best companies to work for. It has a unique culture and very friendly people. It is a world class company. The company is expanding and so much to explore.
good company
Confidential (Current Employee), Corona, CAMay 15, 2015
I learn new things everyday. Totally enjoy working here. There are so many nice people to work with and the training program is great.
Perfect time management-Organize-responsable and able to work under pressure a plus.
QA Technician (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYMay 14, 2015
Pros: Really flexible schedule.
Cons: Have to work extra time to cover the one hour lunch time.
A day of work here is really smooth, easy and greatfull. This company is so organize. The job here is not complicate and not difficult is like to come to work in a spa.

I learned that you not need to have anybody over you to tell you what you have to do and pushing you to do your job ontime, is you are really professional you should know what to do and not need anybody rushing you..

I do not have any bad to say or hardest, this work is enyoyable. All the co-workers are friendly, professionals and so kind.
Actavis Divsional Manager Experience
Division Manager - Kansas (Former Employee), KansasMay 13, 2015
Developed human capital through sales coaching and role modeling best practices within key accounts. Led and directed new initiatives to maximize sales goals, developed a culture of accountability, and conducted in-depth analysis on new and existing markets and competitive trends. Facilitated sales support and evaluation, sales priorities, messaging, and targeting throughout five different geographic footprints.
Growth Pharma providing quality products and service
Systems Analyst/Developer III (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 10, 2015
Growth Pharma providing quality products and service. Open door management style with supportive co-workers focused on delivery quality at all levels.
Growing
Quality Assurance Investigation Specialist (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 6, 2015
Work/life balance is lacking. With multiple acquisitions, it is almost impossible to get day to day work completed. Projects are assigned and then forgotten about unless they directly impact acquisitions.
Constant change
Director, Business Information Management (Current Employee), Commack, NYApril 30, 2015
Always changing environments with no strategic IT outlook. Most time spent trying to integrate all the different companies due to all the M&A over past few years. No opportunity to grow your career.
Very stressful work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Weston, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits.
Cons: lack of breaks, only 2 on usually 9 hours work.
The work is easy and it doesn't have any challenge. There are not good opportunities and advancement. Poor management.
Company got too big with latest mergers
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF MARKETING (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and vacation time
Cons: Bureaucratic, "big management mentality"
I have been employed at Actavis (formerly Watson Pharma, Inc.) for almost 14 years. There was a lot of stability in my first 12 years at the company, but change in management due to recent acquisitions has resulted in shift of company mission and culture. The company would be better suited for someone who works well in "big pharma". I learned a lot through my various roles at Actavis/Watson, such as strategic planning, writing business plans, forecasting, project management and team building, and managing a product team. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with very smart, engaging people and learning new things from them everyday. The hardest part of the job is trying to get innovative ideas blessed by management and getting the budget to carry through your brand plans.
Growing company
Pharmaceutical Sales Rep (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIApril 16, 2015
Company growing by leaps and bounds, constant organizational change. Enjoy working with Actavis very much. Management always willing to help you grow and let you know where you are doing well.
A growth company with a forward looking management.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Corona, CAApril 13, 2015
Typical work day is typical accounting work.
I learned a lot about the accounting cycle and about forecasting.
Sales, R&D and Manufacturing environment.
Productive days with fun diverse coworkers. The work itself is rewarding feel as if I am helping people recieve medicine that helps day to day lives.
MANFACTURING WORKER (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2015
Pros: I enjoy the pay, hours, coworkers.
Cons: I work with harsh cleaners.
Every day is different I could be working with packaing operators, CDL learning how to run different machines, or helping out mix with dispensing matterails for the next batch to be made. I enjoy this company very much from the hours, the pay, to my diverse coworkers. The Management is very hands on the CEO says goodmorning everyday in each room.They keep us all up to date with trainings. The work can be hard but I like going home tired knowing I tried my best.
It's okay
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYApril 3, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Management, benefits
Taking over a lot of US companies and laying everybody off. Management could be a lot better. They do not care about their employees
good place to work
Chemist II (Former Employee), Corona, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not holding people accountable
great place to work and learn; friendly management and employees; a great place to perfect your skills; high volume, fast paced work environment
Growing Fast
Professional Sales Specialist (Current Employee), MilwaukeeMarch 23, 2015
A fast growing company, on the move!
They are going through a great deal of transition on their way to becoming the foremost Growth Pharma company in the world.

1 2 3 4 5

About Actavis

As its name implies, the Actavis U.S. is the US manufacturing and marketing unit of global generics firm Actavis. The company – Read more