Actavis

Actavis Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent workplace
Industrial Engineer/ OpEx Engineer (Current Employee), Fajardo, PRFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great people and benefits
This is an excellent company to work in. The people is very warm and makes you feel like part of a family creating a great place to work.
Upper management are micro-managers
Scientist (Current Employee), Commack, NYFebruary 27, 2015
Company atmosphere is changing as new CEO doesn't care about anything other than shareholders pockets. As an employee of former Forest Laboratories, Actavis doesn't care about the employee as much as Forest did.
Not a very good place to work.
Warehouse operator 1 (Former Employee), Olive Branch, MSFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: co works
Cons: everything else
First shift works 10 to 12 hour days and the new "supervisor" acts like a child. I would not recomend this company to anyone. You will work pointless weekends. The raise that you will be givin isn't worth the one year wait. The co works are good people but severaly miss treated by management.
Productive and best place to learn new skills in Quality Control
Chemist II (Former Employee), Corona, CaFebruary 18, 2015
A typical workday for me will be, get to work at 8: 00 a.m., check in workday to make sure my trainings are updated (SOP's and Test Methods), if not train on required training, go to lab, set up my instruments and glass wares for testing. I will then obtained my workbook or notebook as applicable and start performing my test per Test method or SOP while documenting every step accurately and precisely.

I learned about " Time management, quality test to produce quality results and team work"

Management was great, seems to listen to junior staff implantations on subjects pertaining to the lab. My co-workers were awesome and we all work well to produce quality products.

The hardest part of the job was when you spent all 6-8 hours preforming analysis only to find out the next day that your results are invalid due to a minor or sometimes huge error created by you or the instrument.

The most enjoyable part of my job was developing new skills as I prepared and perform my analysis.
Learned many new aspects of Pharma
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: relationships with dr's and staff, seeing the end-user of my products happy and feeling better.
Cons: not enough hours in the day!
I love being a Specialty Rep! With this company, I was able to call on Urology physicians and learned a ton of new things! A new system of the body, four new productive and efficacious products, new management and new team members.
A typical day for me started in a specific region of my territory, which encompassed Brooksville to Clearwater and as far as Lakeland, usually at a Starbucks to get coffee and pastries for some offices that morning (they LOVE it when you do that!); headed in to do total office calls and to see the Dr's to detail them on my products, answer any questions and to ask for the business. Depending on whether or not I had a lunch that day, I would usually use that down time to travel to my next office, make any phone calls I needed to and finish the rest of my day afterwards.
The hardest part of my job was the integration of several new companies that were purchased by Actavis within 8 months of my employment, although I was able to sharpen my skills by being able to adapt and overcome any new challenges they presented.
The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely experiencing my Dr's offices. I love doing what I do every day and the relationships I was able to establish with them was truly fulfilling for me.
Exciting work environment
Internal Medicine Marketing Associate (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Actavis is a very good organization to work for that offers a challenge on growing your career as well as an exciting place to work .
Productive professional environment
Scientist V/Sample Management/RSO (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Excellent learning opportunity, with management support for career advancement. Professionalism, great managers and co-workers. I certainly enjoyed my days at Forest Research Institute/Actavis.
Productive and active environment
Associate Director - Sales Force Effectiveness (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 28, 2015
A dynamic organization that is forward thinking focused on the promotion of brand therapies in diverse therapeutic areas. There is a defined career pathway and developmental opportunities for field sales personnel which appropriately challenges as well as allows employees to create future career growth.
volatile enviroment
Clinical Trial Manager (Current Employee), Rockaway, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: no work from home, no support from managers
Growing pains, but not yet a good place to work for. There are lot of issues with mergers. Poor communication.
a growing company..
Third Party QA Specialist (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: many perks
Cons: poor management
one learns many different things, great for resume building.
Production
Machine Operator (Full-Time) (Former Employee), MaltaJanuary 12, 2015
Assist and participate in troubleshooting excercises aimed at improving quality and productivity within the departement. omplete all relevant documentation in an orderly, timely and accurate manner.
Good people to work for
Administrative Assistant III; Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches, lots of perks
Cons: no cons
I worked at this company for 13 years, I was downsized, they treated me very good, I can't complain.
Review
Territory Representative (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 30, 2014
No consistency. Change in products comes rapidly. Not much time to digest new information.
Actavis, PLC
SR. VALIDATION SPECIALIST / PROJECT TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), PRDecember 29, 2014
As an independent contractor I am directly contracted by Validation and Engineering Group assigned to Actavis, PLC. As explained on prior review I worked with qualification and commissioning activities on the assigned site.
Good workplace
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 12, 2014
Pros: nice and friendly staff, non stressful enviornment
Cons: little room for advancement
Great people, polite and nice management, never felt under intense pressure. No work place politics, friendly environment. Work itself was rarely stressful, with many opportunities for learning and assisting other managers. Only got stressful during certain times of the year, when large changes would occur during yearly updates.
The Job was exciting, challenging, and rewarding at times
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Greater PIttsburgh AreaDecember 12, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about the success of the products I sold. The patients giving feedback to physicians with how well they were responding to the medicines.
Great culture, good job enviroment
Environmental and Safety Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Fajardo, PRNovember 17, 2014
Makes the most of my qualifications and abilities, and gives me a chance to constantly challenge myself. I look for a stable job with quality supervision, a positive work culture at a successful company that will encourage me to work at my best.”
Technician
Clinical Research Technician (Current Employee), Hauppauge, NYNovember 17, 2014
Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day running of projects by assisting and supporting Project Coordinator and Managers in their daily duties. Acting as administrative support to Project Coordinators and Managers on projects.
good products, great colleagues
Gastroenterology Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Spokane, WANovember 15, 2014
Pros: great colleagues
Cons: absolutely no job security- performance is not considered
very detailed training during new hire period. hardest part about my job is knowing how long it will be available
A great family like environment
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee), Fajardo, PRNovember 4, 2014
A positive and energetic environment where I was able to learn new skills in my work area, such as new instrumentation and documentation methods. My co-workers were very friendly, and always with a good disposition to train and help others.
I truly enjoyed this family like environment, surrounded by positive, team playing, and energetic people, always willing to give their best every day.

1 2 3

About Actavis

As its name implies, the Actavis U.S. is the US manufacturing and marketing unit of global generics firm Actavis. The company – Read more