Actavis Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Acting Quality Assurance Manager PR&D, CP (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Great management to work with, a lot to learn from their teaching skills. Friendly atmosphere. Great co-workers. A lot to learn. Hardest part was lay-off. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Productive and Nice Work Environment
Process Operator (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Work environment is enjoyable.
Cons: Short breaks
I learned a lot in this company.
Supervises are great.
Group leaders help a lot when in need.
Co-Workers are always looking after you..if you are a nice person.
The hardest day at the job is not that hard.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with co workers.
Tuittion reinburstment was excellent.
Maintenance Technician III (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Benifits are great, location of plant is wonderful
Cons: The snow packed roads and cold temperture in winter months.
I started at the community college ,earn a degree, was accepted at the state university , earned a B.A. degree. My employer was supportive . The process was a complete success.
Difficult Company to work for
research scientist (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJDecember 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay, Flex time
Cons: Managers lack people skills
I am employed as a research scientist. I find the company disorganized and chaotic. The management lacks people skills and are constantly micro-managing scientists.
There is nothing offered for career development.
The culture lacks unity. Co-workers are not friendly.
Operator Packaging (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 9, 2015
This is a great place to work. It was fast paced, but it was not unmanageable. I highly recommend this place for employment.
great place to work
PROCESS OPERATOR (Former Employee), Weston, FLOctober 9, 2015
Great work at actavis and good people as well,great community within the company some genuine people and a lot to learn. Nothing to hard to learn just a lot a things to remember like any other job
#1 Job
Chemist (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 10, 2015
Great company, people, friends,

Great food. Great products.

Great church.

Great In n Out.

Great stock option plan, buy the stock. Get a 401K.
Highly regulated industry with constant changes
Product Manager (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 9, 2015
Highly regulated industry with constant changes. Work colleagues were great and teamwork was at an all time high when the crunch was on. Never a dull moment at the office.
Field Sales Manager (Former Employee), Home based (National Travel)August 24, 2015
Excellent culture, good work and life balance. Continuously encouraged to improve and given the training to do so.

Promotions normally come from within the organisation.
Very high paced manufacturing
Manufacturing Equiment Technician (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Good place to learn technical skill sets
Cons: Little time to balance life
Days go by fast since your working in a fast paced manufacturing enviroment. Coworkers are willing to help out out of a jam. After resolving equipment breakdowns you get a feel of accomplisment.
Medical Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 13, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Great place to work. Good benefits. Great upper management. Lack of flexibility
What i learned
Technician V (Former Employee), Commack NYAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Very professional
Cons: No job security
The first day when I joined Forest Lab I didn't have any experience of the pharmaceutical work. The manager and co-workers were very helpful. I started to work for the R&D department and I learned to work for all kinds of machines, and the rules of the oral solid GMP manufacturing. The co- workers that I worked with guided me through the process, we all worked together as a team to complete a project. The hardest part of the job was when we were running the clinical and feasibility batches. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I completed my batches.
Productive and Fun
Territory Representative (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Company car
Wonderful experience. Good work life balance. Company provided all the tools and resources to help reps achieve success. Strong team ethics and dynamic culture. Great place to practice self initiative, time management and strong follow through.
Diversified branded and generic drug company
Executive Director, Portfolio & Project Management (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2015
Leading the Actavis Global Brands R&D Project Management Department was exciting and challenging because numerous drug products were in various development stages at any given time, and geographically diverse cross-functional project teams and external alliances with development partners had to be managed simultaneously against aggressive timeline and budget constraints. In addition, the Project Management function had to be efficiently integrated following several large acquisitions by this aggressively growing company.
Chemist I (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityJune 4, 2015
I enjoy working in the laboratory environment. The people were helpful. The hardest part of the job is remembering every little detail.
Not with them for long
Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee), Commack, NYMay 24, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: moving to New Jersey
As Actavis bought out Forest labs and are now closing the Long Island plant, I really don't have much to say.
We are in shut down mode right now. All of our regular responsibilities are very diversified.
An Excellent Family
Process Operator IV, Lead (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityMay 22, 2015
Pros: Good health benefits, bonuses and the pay was great.
Cons: very long shifts
This was one of the best places I have had the pleasure to work for. A typical day for me would range from training personnel and reviewing batch records to running equipment and guiding fellow employees to the various tasks and jobs according to their training and skills. My co-workers were fun and energetic, an excellent group to be with. Management had the interests of the company and its employees well in hand. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts and the best part was the people I had the pleasure of working with.
Great Health Care coverage and vacation time
Data Analyst II (Former Employee), ft lauderdaleMay 21, 2015
Great company to work for over all. Florida locations are great. The yearly bonuses were good. there was opportunity for career growth.
Excellent company to work for
Senior Microbiologist (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 16, 2015
Pros: So much different activities everyday
Cons: Excellent healthcare benefits and much more to explore.
Actavis is one of the best companies to work for. It has a unique culture and very friendly people. It is a world class company. The company is expanding and so much to explore.
good company
Confidential (Current Employee), Corona, CAMay 15, 2015
I learn new things everyday. Totally enjoy working here. There are so many nice people to work with and the training program is great.