This position is being advertised under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) initiative. To be eligible for this position, you must have been a full-time student during the previous academic year and be intending to return to full-time studies in the next academic year.
Across Languages Translation and Interpretation Service (AL) is a non-profit agency that provides professional interpretation and translation, interpreter training, and language proficiency testing services across Ontario. We are experts in the delivery of spoken language services for more than a 100 languages and dialects.
Reports to Service Coordinator, Assignment Coordinator is a primary contact for clients and interpreters with respect to general inquiries, requests for service, and assignment of interpreters.
- Receives incoming service requests from clients.
- Assigns interpreters and communicates with them as necessary to complete projects on time and to specifications.
- Confirms assignments with requesting organizations.
- Solves problems related to assignments or refers to other staff as appropriate
- Enters all assignment-related data.
- Post secondary education is preferred
- A high level of oral and written communication skill, cultural sensitivity, and problem solving ability
- Ability to perform effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer focused skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Capacity to attend to details and ensure accuracy in taking and giving information and instructions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, data management
- Fluency in a second language is desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of the confidentiality requirements of the position
Please submit your cover letter and resume by June 6, 2014
Across Languages welcomes applications from all interested and qualified parties; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted