Acrodex Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Acrodex
Imaging Lab Lead (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 15, 2016
I have worked here at acrodex for nearly 4 years now.
I have learned alot while here.

There is very little room for advancement, and when you do advance it is into a position that doesn't exist so they do no have to give you a pay raise.

I have been waiting nearly 9 moths for a review.
Top 10 in the IT industry
Technical Analyst II (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2016
Pros: Benifits and Holidays
Cons: To far to drive to work
Troubleshooting and repairing desktop and laptop devices.

Learned more on taking laptop apart and some printer work.

Most were great employees.

Driving all the way across the city to get to work and being stuck on the Deerfoot on the way home.

Working with PC's and troubleshooting and making documentation.

Meeting new people and working great together.
great pay if they need your great experience, IT is far away from todays ways of working.
Technical Analyst level (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Great pay, poor management. I was not able to learn anything from anyone. So far behind from technology, management has poor knowledge of technology when it comes to IT which make it hard and frustrated for new generations to get adapted so quickly, a lots paper work when everything could be done with just few clicks, technical stuff is never asked to get involved with new procedures to improve ways of working. I was just doing the job because I was well paid. Vacation and packaged is good but not for everyone so no everyone does the great job.
It Contracting Company
Level 2 Deskside Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Give new immigrants a try.
Cons: Pay about 20% below market. Don't practice what they preach with infrastructure.
Acrodex is moving forward as a major player in the Canadian IT landscape. The majority of the contracts are civic or provincial government contracts.

Acrodex does give many new immigrants a chance to start in the IT industry and has obtained some loyalty by doing so. Acrodex does not value nor strive to keep good talent and thus in many ways is a revolving door for new people to get some experience and move on.

Acrodex gets many contracts because they're able to underbid other competitors due to the fact that they pay about 20% below market for many positions. They make good money off of these contracts, but there is little incentive for exceptional work and they don't share the profits with those bringing in the money for the company; also, while they will pay for successfully completed certification exams the courses are all paid for by the employee taking them.

Acrodex was recently stock acquired by PCM out of the US who also subsequently acquired TigerDirect.
not a enjoyable enviroment
technical analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 10, 2015
Every day you are pushed to do 110% they frown on breaks.
Management barks a lot and is lacking in mentorship.
Coworkers seem to have same problems and obstacles.
hardest part of the job was to put up with management that had different idea's and fought amongst them selves which made it hard to follow the direction of the company.
most enjoyable part of the day was 5 o'clock
A day at the office
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 12, 2015
A typical day at the office means looking at the ITSM ticketing system to see what tickets need to be updated and dealt with ASAP.
Looking at escalations and how to easily get them addressed.
My manager is awesome and I work very well with her.
The teams I work with are awesome and we always find time in our busy day to joke around and have fun even if the day has been terrible.
The best part of the day as is with any job is when it is time to go home to our loved ones!
Productivity
Database Administrator / Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 23, 2015
With ACRODEX, i had learn lot of Business prospect. Because in canada Acrodex is my first experience. I had learn lot of Canadian Businesses how they work, and what they need when you work with them.

Acrodex Management and environment is too friendly.
I am not someone with all the answers, but I am the one who can find them!
Technical Analyst II (Current Employee), EdmontonOctober 6, 2014
I am not someone with all the answers, but I am the one who can find them!
Make a professional career in the Company and nice place for working.
Technical Analyst - Surplus Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits. activities not related with work.
Cons: none.
Arrive early and leave early avoiding traffic jamps.
Polite people of many countries with the opportunity to know about different cultures.
Enough time for taking three breaks: in the morning, at lunch, in the afternoon.
Nice and big lounge for reading the newspaper or chatting with co workers.
Meeting rooms with all the facilities.
Seminars at noon with lunch included.
Different activities during the year outside the company, where the employees and employers share.
No of things to do
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 23, 2014
- Casino Night
- Golf
-Staff BBQ
-Employee Recolonization Program
Management is very poor
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2014
According to company's level , they are paying much less to their employees.
Impose work pressure on juniors
Team leads and management is not cooperative.
Working with co-workers
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2014
I have been training many new employees at work, I must say I love that at my work place and thanks to my company to give that opportunity to me to help people by teaching them new skills, technologies etc at work.
Worked in a hospital and also different sites, achieved good customer service experience. Dealing with clients, vendors and other staff let me build my confidence to go and fix any issues occurs at work.
Most enjoyable part use to be, when we all had with the co-workers or the teams use to gather/meeting and discuss every task for each other that we could learn many scenarios in life to be better technical specialist and be prepared for upcoming tasks in future.
Good workplace
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 19, 2014
Learned new things everyday.They provided a more support to develop my knowledge and skills based on the job.I don't feel any hardest part in the job everything find easy and solve the issues quickly.My coworkers are so friendly and more helpful.Management is really great.
Best company but completely poor management in IMac dept
Technical analyst IMac (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 29, 2014
I worked as IMAC staff and to be honest company is good for a fresh graduate but IMAC management is completely poor!! No support, always have to watch our back!! Insufficient staff, and this job is like arrive on time, pick up hardwares and leave site for whole day... Not even lunch time...too much stressful job is, I think company should change their standard to make this department better,

Acrodex is best Place to work but just head quarters if you are off site people then everyone will treat you like labourer...

I do recommend job but same time not IMac!!
Interesting Environment with no culture/ethics
A Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2014
A place for students to start their careers in IT (ideally personalities who can think quickly and like to be thrown into the fire) however once you get your experience...get out. HR is cut throat and needs to obtain training. You would save so much money in operational costs by investing in your employees and taking a more strategic approach. Hardest part of the job is the political nature of the environment and always needing to watch your back.
Productive and Fun work place.
Technical Team Lead (GOA WINDOWS 7 Deployment) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 21, 2014
Acrodex is a premier provider of strategic information technology solutions.

Acrodex delivers enterprise IT solutions that enable customers to achieve their business outcomes.
Life as a Accounting Assistant
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: grumpy boss lol
Arrive to work on time!
Turn on computers and pick up time cards
Enter time cards
Answer phones
Enter invoices and material sheets
Invoice customers
Constantly varying environment
Desktop Technician & Acrodex Queue Maintenance (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 15, 2014
Acrodex is a constantly changing environment with varied tasks and responsibilities.
Small office in Winnipeg, very good with software licensing and software assurance
Solutions Architect, Virtualization & Storage (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaOctober 29, 2013
Acrodex has launched a new effort in the prairies towards moving into professional services and hardware fulfillment. As this is a new venture much time was spent creating affiliations with vendors, introducing Acrodex as a new entity to existing customers, performing POCs and creating RFPs.

Efforts were placed towards effectively introducing virtualization and new storage practices. This in itself was very hard to establish due to having no prairie staff with Enterprise experience beyond software. When you combine the existing staff which is educated in a completely different technology direction and having no access to hardware for demonstration purposes the task at hand is difficult indeed. I was only able to address this by creating relationships with hardware and software vendors and from a logical explanation and documentation and sit in person to convince customers of the value and technical expertise Acrodex brought to the table. Customers I helped and assisted with were fortune 500, crown corporations and the internal staff as it was also my duty to update their knowledge and understanding of current hardware and relevant software offerings.
Fun place to work.
Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 24, 2013
Pros: lot of learning.
Cons: to much time waste in paper work.
It is good place to work. You can learn a lot. Take a lot of time for paper work.