Acquaint Personnel Services is seeking a qualified individual for the Site HSE Advisor-Night Shift position located in Argentia, NL.
The HSE Advisor reports to the HSE Lead and facilitates the development and execution of Health, Safety and Environment processes (HSE) for project worksites. The HSE Advisor will provide expertise to support the safe and successful execution of project activities onshore and possibly offshore. This role interfaces with project contractors during all project phases. This role also liaises with regulatory and other stakeholders on health, safety and environmental matters.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Project HSE Management System and project related Safety Plans.
- Maintain safety documentation and provide the necessary reports required for HSE related activities.
- Work with contractors to ensure effective case management of all events is acted upon.
- Assist in the development and execution of project safety plans to ensure that safety issues are integrated with day-to-day construction activities.
- Monitor compliance of approved programs or codes of practices, including but not limited to PPE, respiratory protection; confined space entry: safe work permits; and work observations .
- Distribute selected OH&S bulletins, posters, rules and regulations and Promote toolbox meetings and safety awareness.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a HSE Advisor supporting offshore oil and gas project development work.
- May be required to travel offshore for position, therefore must successfully complete the medical assessment and required training for offshore.
- Completion of a bachelor degree in a relevant field such as Science, Kinesiology, Ergonomics or Industrial Hygiene would be considered an asset.
- Professional safety designation such as CRSP would be considered an asset.
- Completion of a post graduate program in a relevant field would be considered an asset.
- Desire and ability to maintain professional competence through continued education and training development would be an asset.
Indeed - 17 months ago