Acquaint Personnel Services is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Buyer in Muskrat Falls, NL. Reports to and receives day to day supervision from the Site Contracts Manager. Once oriented should be capable of processing day to day functions with minimal supervision and direction.
Primarily but not limited to the bidding, administration, monitoring and reporting of Purchase Orders and Blanket PO's for the purchase of materials and equipment in accordance with established Project Procedures.
- Execute the bid, evaluation, award and administration processes for PO's and service contracts in support of construction activities and site services for items such as MRO supplies; service contracts
- Work in accordance with the Project procedures
- Compile commercial/contractual documents
- Prepare and issue commercial correspondence and communication
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files of all PO's and Contracts in accordance with Project procedures
- Liaise with key functional groups including Engineering, Finance, Legal and Project Controls.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Prepare, issue and administer service agreements for technical support at site, if requested
- Understand the IBA requirements and implement as required
- Input Purchase Orders into project procurement management system
- Business or Commerce Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to 3+ years’ work experience in similar role with successful experience in negotiating, drafting, interpreting and administering Purchase orders and Contracts.
- Prior experience dealing with a variety of PO's related to site support services and materials such as safety equipment; industrial supplies; and MR0 supplies.
- Knowledge of the local (HVGB) business community or the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Competency in Microsoft office applications is considered an asset.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard