Acquaint Personnel Services is seeking qualified individuals to fill the role of a Project Risk Coordinator / Loss Prevention Engineer in St. John’s, NL. This role provides overall guidance and leadership with respect to risk management and loss prevention for the Project Management Team (PMT). Ensures that the EPC Contractors' Risk Management Plans are effectively implemented and monitored. Assists in bringing risk management findings to closed status. Keeps the Design Site Manager informed of risk management issues that could potentially jeopardize Project Objectives. Support designing the facilities in a manner that safeguards people and property with consideration to all aspects of the Project.
- Ensures contract designs conform with project specifications.
- Provides specialized skills to support project in areas including fire protection and fire/gas detection equipment design, consequence analysis, material handling, and escape, evacuation and rescue analysis.
- Oversees an update to the Concept Safety Analysis and development of a Quantitative Risk Assessment/Safety Case
- Ensure implementation of Project wide risk management processes & procedures (e.g., Project specific risk processes & EPC Coordination Procedures)
- Assess effectiveness of the Project’s risk management program
- Interface with Project Team to conduct Risk Assessments.
- Facilitate HAZOP's (Knowledge of API 14C & PHA Works software), facilitate Scenario based Qualitative risk assessments
- Review Risk Assessment reports & provide recommendations for revision / upgrade
- Interface with Project Team to conduct Risk Assessments and HAZOPs and to report Risk Assessment Action Plan status.
- Steward risk action items to closure, including tracking and close-out
- Maintain Risk Assessment Schedule
- Minimum experience requirements are 15 years relevant experience in complex multidiscipline project environments or Operations environment
- Minimum experience must include relevant experience with offshore drilling design
- Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline