This position is responsible for performing invoice attest and processing activities as defined in LCP procedural documents. Responsibilities also include maintaining databases of Contractor information to help facilitate invoice attest and processing activities and report compilation as required.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is being executed as a contract scope of work:
- Financial attest and control of Contractors’ invoices.
- Provide day-to-day accounting support to the Integrated Management Team located in the EPCM Consultant’s office.
- Participate in the development and implementation of all accounting processes, procedures and controls associated with LCP activities.
- Ensure that all non-resident companies are identified and set-up in the corporate accounting system (JD Edwards) for withholding tax accounting and compliance. Interface with the Accounts Payable Lead to ensure timely remittance of withholding taxes and provision for annual reconciliation and legislative reporting.
- Participate in the currency/cash call/forecasting processes to facilitate contractor payment requirements and Corporate Treasury requirements.
- Develop a working knowledge of the LCP account coding structure. Apply this knowledge to evaluate the appropriateness of the coding of expenses invoiced to the LCP development companies.
- Maintain a database of project assignment authorizations to facilitate the attest of the EPCM Contractor’s invoices.
- Maintain a database that provides a one-to-one mapping of contracts to vendor payment information.
- Perform the electronic transfer of invoice data between the EPCM’s project management system to the corporate accounting system (JD Edwards).
- Oversee and manage business processes that facilitate approval of project assignment authorizations, overtime requests and travel requests.
- Provide support to lead auditors in performing audit activities, as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Project Accounting Lead (EPCM).
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Experience in multi-currency environment, working knowledge of contract interpretation associated with invoice attest, financial reporting and analysis, business process development, system administration and financial and accounting controls.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience on large resource development projects or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Undergraduate degree in business.
- Working towards or recently achieved a professional accounting designation.
Indeed - 14 months ago