Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Store gone
Project Leader/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Livermore, CAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: store gone
Cons: store gone
This company went under being beat by other video game companys
Love My Boss!
Field Service Rep (Current Employee), Missouri, Nebraska, KansasJuly 27, 2014
Pros: my boss
Cons: compensation
I love this job, the flexibility and the lady I work for.
I drive A LOT!
I am a bit disgruntled on their version of paid mileage. They use a UPS "as the crow flies" version which is about 10 miles short on most every "over 20" locations!
Variety of jobs offered
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2014
Pros: work the hours i want and schedule my work
Cons: no cons
I have been employed by Acosta for four years and have enjoyed the different aspects of the jobs offered. There is a variety available of jobs offered to me on our job dashboard. I only work occasionally with other team members. Management is appreciative of my efforts in getting the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work – more... and schedule asssignments on my own. – less
mediocre
RCM (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 23, 2014
Great job experience, but no room for advancement, no raises, and not the best insurance.
Alot of traveling
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 20, 2014
Traveling long distances, with low compensation. Lack of communication.
HBC and Grocery
Category Analyst & Business Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 19, 2014
It wasn't that great of a place to work, extremely difficult to get leadership to give direction.
Difficult job with lack of training but great environment with good people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: once mastering your own workload, you will soon feel like you yourself have grown substancially, not many bma's know their entire workload, and will realize you need to move on out for a better opportunity to meet your needs, you will grow here, but only so far.
Cons: you have to clock in and out for all breaks and lunches. you are always timed.
Typical day at work would be going through e-mails and printing out all of the most urgent assignments/projects that need to be done.
Whether it be creating contracts, new item forms, price changes, item maintenance forms or entering deals into several proprietary systems- there is always something to do.

I have learned how to ask questions, respond – more... to people as soon as I can, and be patient in my understanding that this job is always learning something new because many things change and a lot of your work load will get bigger and/or also consistently change.

Management is okay.

Co-workers are mostly nice people. Some are nosy and some are busibodies who can't seem to sit at their desks to do their adminstrative jobs.

Hardest part of this job is no more growth once you have learned all you can learn; even with added work or contrat formats changing- that kind of change becomes expected after a few years of working here. Also, the lack of training- which also becomes expected to figure things out yourself by asking questions and keeping detailed docments of your past and present work to use as examples.
One more thing that is frustrating about this company is the lack of appreciation- and the lack of financial appreciation- as in no raises and no bonuses- ever. Unless you go to school, finish a training program, and/or get your title changed- only when your title is changed or when you find a position outside of Acosta is when you will be giving yourself a chance for more growth- learning-wise and financially.

The most enjoyable part of this job is taking a walk everyday around a nice trail that surrounds the buildings. – less
Great place to work and a great group of coworkers
Lead Retail Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: not many
Acosta is a great company to work for. The schedule is flexible and allows employee freedom of making their own schedules.
Wasnt horrible
Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee), Bloomington, INJuly 15, 2014
The job it self was great but the traveling costs never matched up with the paycheck.
Great hours and pay
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJuly 14, 2014
Fun job for the most part working by yourself. Company is going out of business in the Atlanta area. Great pay and hours, no one works on weekends or holidays. The managers are cool and very understanding.
Auditor
Track Merchandiser/Auditor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2014
Making sure that all products and fresh products are available on daily basis.
My team is full of AWESOME people!
Merchandising/Retail (Current Employee), Florence, SCJuly 9, 2014
I LOVE working for Acosta! I hate to leave!! I just can't travel anymore and that's the only reason I'm leaving. I can't speak for other teams, but mine is like a big family!
Not the best company to work for but not the worst.
Food Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJJuly 7, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed calling on stores and not being behind a desk for eight hours a day!
Cons: whatever we as salesreps acomplished never seemed to be enough for management.
For the most part I enjoyed the years I spent there being a salesrep.
Dysfunctional culture at this company
Administrative Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAJuly 5, 2014
Upper management is always looking to cut as much $$$ from payroll and expenses, without regard to how it affects employees. They are very willing to lay off people in this country to send the jobs overseas. They lay off people no matter how long they have worked for them. Some which were laid off had worked for them for 30+ years, 20+ years, and 15+ – more... years. – less
Day at Work
Retail Coverage Specailist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2014
Go to different Walmart stores it tought me valuable lessons is retail and mangment
Good Day Job
Merchandiser - RMT (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJJune 23, 2014
Pros: works around your schedule, wear whatever you want
Cons: not enough hours
• Merchandise local food stores
• Reset whole aisles
• Usually close to home
• Get home before 4pm
Awesome People
Business Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 18, 2014
Assist the Business Manager with fulfilling responsibilities for client proprietary sales planners and tracking system. Prepare for sales meetings, customer appointments and principal meetings. Assist Business Manager in managing the Customer Service and Claim Alerts. Assist Business Manager in in maintain all relevant product data (APL, New Item Entry, – more... Pricing and Customer data. Create all contracts for customers in a timely manner . Update and run reports such as distribution tracking, pricing reports and new item tracking. – less
Vendor
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Norristown, PAJune 14, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: communication problems within the company
I would stock, clean, set, reset the displays for the company. I also was in charge of building all holiday displays and placing them in the proper area to be sure the display was seen by customers
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 10, 2014
Pros: good pay, management, etc
Cons: layoff
Decent hours, good pay, good company to work for they pay for travel hotel and food
Daily work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good staff
Cons: freezer work
I enjoyed the daily working of being in one main store. It was close to home and the hours were flexible. There was also team work to be done.

1 2 3 4 5