Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent Company
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Central NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: the pay is ok.
Cons: 28 hours average a week.
This is one of the merchandising companies I haven't had much of a problem with,as far as registering etc. A typical day on a mandate team starts pretty early for this one. The lead we had before was a bit rigid,but the new one we got is one of the best I've had in years. He takes more of a parental approach than a corporate one. My co-workers are dependable – more... and knowleadgeable. Hardest part of the job for me like I said is waking up at 5am for early resets. The most enjoyable part is the comraderie. – less
A large corporation, yet independent
Account Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 15, 2014
I started at whatever time I needed to be in a store in order to perform and evaluate. I was responsible for the overseeing executional performances for 5 stores. Executional meaning surveying, observing, working with department managers, store managers and division managers on how to improve daily tasks. Improvements that would assist in fewer out – more... of stocks, improved sales, better employee attitudes thus an overall better atmosphere. I rarely worked with my management as I was found to be very competent in my job performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the people. – less
sales rep for 29 years
RETAIL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 14, 2014
Cons: rapidly becoming a part time industry with out benefits
Service the grocery chains in several Counties. Dealing with managers in the stores involving upcoming promos, and sales. Ensuring that the manufacture specifications are being met on the shelf. Rotation of product, and damages. Placement of IRCs, racks, and trays. Filling product on the shelf from the back room. Entering data on a computer on a daily – more... basis. Taking online courses. Submitting other data on home PC.
Dealing with the people out in retail is the most fun, and rewarding part of the job. Making decisions on my own, and operating my territory as I see fit. – less
Telecommuter
Business Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 14, 2014
Great people to work with, a fun atmosphere, flexible work day. Horrible, below industry standards for compensation.
Have professional management
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 10, 2014
Pros: getting the work done with team is a given plus
Cons: pay amount could be more for the type of work..especially the car mileage and hourly rate
A Great company to work for...Working with a team of people is wonderful..as we all help each other in getting the job completed.travel is a plus.
great
Acosta Lead RCS (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCOctober 9, 2014
management is great, flexibility, need more fulltime positions
Productive and fun place to work.
Vendor / Merchandiser (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2014
Management was serious about their job, as I was mine. We all got along great.
Caring co-workers but very poor leadership and benefits.
Business Manager Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: flexible supervisor and the ability to work on my own without being monitored.
Cons: no job reviews, no raises
The job is enjoyable and the associates are fun to work with on a daily basis. The atomopshere is positive. The down side is lack of leadership, accountability, and compensation (salary and raises).
Good company, good benefits, ok pay
reset merchandiser (Current Employee), Northwest Indiana - south suburbs of IllinoisOctober 8, 2014
Pros: okay starting pay, good co workers, good benefits even for part timers
Cons: i heard company doesn't give pay raises, supervisor does not communicate effectively, if i call i get no answer, and most times no response, this job is not for those with no merchandising experience.
Company has good benefits, coworkers are nice and helpful, but new people don't get the proper training so this is definitely not for those who have no experience with merchandising. I have experience so I caught on quickly. Management is not readily available to help or answer questions so your basically thrown into the pool and told to swim. Hours – more... are steady, work is not hard once you learn it so its a ok job once you feel your way through the start up phase. – less
fun workplace
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 7, 2014
its nice not having a boss look over you all day. i really enjoyed working for acosta, the workload can be a bit too much sometimes but the independence you have on the job is a plus.
Working with a variety of people in a fast paced environment changing the layout of stores nightly.
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2014
Pros: nationwide company
Cons: come holiday time the hourly employees hours are cut
Many manufactors represented so therefore the change is necessary more often in the stores. Productive and fast-paced environment.
Productive and fun work place
Vendor (Current Employee), Missouri City, TXOctober 2, 2014
-I sign-in and walk around the store talking to employees and customers, as well as take inventory and check quality of merchandise.
-I learned how to effectively check inventory and working on my own.
-Involved but not strict.
-Not much involement.
-Nothing.
-No one breathing down my kneck.
good place for entry level
Reset Specialist (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAOctober 1, 2014
short days not much work.
learned a bit about the marketing industry.
not the best managers.
very hardworking people and staff.
waiting for store managers to check your work.
i like the flexibility
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 1, 2014
THE ABILITY TO PLAN MY DAY AROUND OTHER THINGS WAS THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS JOB. I LIKED WORKING ALONE ALSO./
great company
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 30, 2014
culture environment, pay, workforce, work, employees. Great, outstanding, experience.
Good opportunity to learn mgmt skills, but often most move on to other companies because of the difficulty to move up
Dedicated Retail Team Merchandiser (Current Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: benefits are good but, you don't make enough to ever cover the balance
Cons: part-time, no pay raises, no apparent accountablity for upper management, scheduling is erratic so you cannot plan on a second income
This job is best suited for a youth living at home or shareing rented space. It can serve as good work experience as a side job while attending school. As an adult the pay will only cause you to struggle to maintain a decent life. Especially if you have children.

The trade off of your time vs money earned and the amount of tasks to complete is unbalanced. – more... Acosta's new push towards scheduled hours for the Team Leader (FT) and Merchandiser (PT) often leaves the merchandiser responsible for much of the Team Leaders responsiblities yet you are only being paid less than 1/2 of what they get paid to do within less time because you are part-time. The scheduling is erratic based in part on the display periods, special sales, resets and special display contests. So you can never schedule another job.

The work itself is not difficult however in order to do a great job, the daily audits, checking of dates, rotating, maintenance of displays, inventory etc takes a lot of your time. You will always carry work to the next day. You are paid straight hours for any special sales or displays which require more work. Therefore you will do more work but get paid the same amount.

If you choose to work with Acosta, learn all you can about your postion and your Team Leader's postion. Do as others have done and take the experience to another company that will allows you to grow and expand your career. – less
Overall a good place to work and grow
Claims Resolution Analyst Supervisor (Current Employee), Temple Terrace, FLSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: acosta university
Cons: work/life balance
Acosta is a good place to work and grow.
There are plenty of learning tools to help advancement

It is however, difficult to balance work/life in some positions of this company
Great work to home balance. Management honest and understanding
Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Current Employee), Amherst, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Acosta Sales and Marketing is a great place for employment. Work to home life is balanced nicely. The work expectations are clearly stated and achievable. Allowed to work at a comfortable and realistic pace. Management is fair and well informed, willing to listen and help if needed.
A good place to work.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 28, 2014
As in any food brokerage there are constant changes in route client policy and personal be ready for it.
Route sales and store coverage start your day. New item distribution are key.
Management with in the firm is sometimes inconstant.
While working with this company I learn what at sales team really is and the cooperation it takes for all employees – more... to succeed in reaching a goal.
The hardest part was not the changes but keep up with them communication was not always the best.
I enjoyed and yet sometimes disliked be responsible for my own route and time management. If the job got done it was solely up to me. – less
great company to work for
RETAIL COVERAGE SPECIALIST AND SUPPLIER (Current Employee), jacksonville floridaSeptember 27, 2014
i like this company and the jobs i get to do and new people i get to meet

1 2 3 4 5

About Acosta Sales & Marketing

Acosta Sales & Marketing is a leading full-service sales and marketing agency providing outsourced headquarter sales, retail – Read more

Acosta Sales & Marketing Photos