ACI Worldwide

ACI Worldwide Employee Reviews

Financial company that is a good place to work
Senior UI Visual Designer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 24, 2016
Difficult location for rush hour commuting in Massachusetts (Winter/Wyman exit on 128), however the work day is a global one which lends to flexible hours and flexible work location. Overall good work/life balance, though that can change from manager to manager. Loved my job and the people I worked with, but didn't like the push back on innovation and innovative thinking. Recent layoffs were very demotivating as well.
Pros
flexible work times/locations
Cons
office location
Good work/life balance, but poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 31, 2016
There is a lot of freedom with setting one's schedule; however, the lack of strong management causes a great deal of confusion and ambiguity within the company.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr Qa Engineer (Former Employee) –  IndiaJuly 14, 2016
Only Job secuirty is the issue little unstable. Great balance between work and life. Flexible in work. Little supervision. Good management-immediate supervisor.
Pros
Good People, Work life balance
Cons
Job Security
Successful technology roll up
SVP Sales (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 29, 2016
ACI, like many large technology companies, has been very successful growing the business via multiple acquisitions. This strategy created a difficult working environment, poor organic growth and sub par profitability. The management team remains sharp and driven for success. Time will tell if their strategy will succeed.
Amazing Place to Work
Consumer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 27, 2016
ACI is a very good place to work. The management is amazing and very helpful. Since you are contracted out by the Government you get all Government holidays off and you even get random days in the year off. The work does get very repetative and sometimes boring because you sit at a desk and take the same calls over and over again. Good thing is you get your own desk that you can decorate to your liking and only you sit at your desk you don't have to share with anyone.
Good
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaApril 28, 2016
Good working Environment. Good working culture. Good team. Been a few times to Russia to implement networks. Overall a good experience.
Busy
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  GAApril 6, 2016
Overload. Short staffed. Constant changes. Change managers too frequently. Work from Home option good. But still too busy. No real work life balance
Great Place, Poor Management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2016
Frequent layoffs de-incentivize the employees. Otherwise, the work is great and you get good management visibility.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Poor work-life balance
priductive and very good work culture
Quality Assurance Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  indiaFebruary 28, 2016
very good company to work and learned lot of many things in Automation.Management is very good ,the hardest part of the job is Automation of the API Testing,the most enjoyable part of my job with Automation of the web Applications and API
good work environment
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 15, 2016
we had very fun in the office in free time and we work with team support and helpful management, we used to give best performance from my team.
Productive and Fun Place
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraFebruary 14, 2016
IT has always been hectic, but it was always fun working here. New challenges would crop up but they were dealt with lots of confidence, team work, etc.
I learned lot of things such as communication with different teams in India, USA and Belgium, also learnt lot about technology, analysis of various documents and requirements.
Though I was not directly involved with the management, it was overall good as they strived hard to actually look into the employee relatiionships.
I worked with very young, sharp, technically strong and hardworking colleagues.
The only hardest part of the job was the job security. The job security in IT industry is not actually like banks. In fact, if a person is techno-functional, the job security is there but if the person is only technical or only functional, then there is job security.
The canteen facilities, free lunch and learn practices, visits to companies abroad and the work of business analyst were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free Lunches, flexible timings, new challenges, excellent communication and professional Management
Changed over the years
Principal Solution Consultant - Sales (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 11, 2016
10 years in development (5 years as a contractor) was challenging and fun and the design/development work was great.

I moved for 7 years to support the implementation of projects for the Money Transfer System for large banks in Europe and the Middle East (RBS, BNPP Fortis, National Bank of Kuwait). It was exciting to bring these big banks live.

ACI is famous for re-organizing often. They dismembered our team of 5 that worked in the field. I still worked in Europe but the implementations were tougher and travel tough (I already spent 1/3 of the year onsite.

Sales recruited me and it was exciting at first (made my quota every year for 4 years). Then another re-org which put the sales guys in silos and created a toxic and paranoid environment.

I desired to go back to my engineering roots and inquired to a few directors who said that they would look for open requisitions. In the meantime word got back to the sales managers which made the working environment more difficult.

It is unfortunate since I had so many good years there but it is time for a change.
Pros
Great co-workers - great experience until the past year
Cons
Management changing the organization too much causing unrest
Nice workplace
Sr. Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJanuary 29, 2016
Good Work culture and environment. Employees would love to work in ACI. Good working environment with fun and entertainment along with sports activities. Work and life are balanced.
ACI
Overall 11 years of IT exp with 5 years in Cognos (Former Employee) –  Pune, MHOctober 10, 2015
ACI Worldwide powers electronic payments for financial institutions, retailers and processors around the world with its broad and integrated suite of electronic payment software.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
My Start in Tandem EFT
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, NESeptember 28, 2015
ACI is where I got my start in the EFT world working on Tandem systems. I worked on off-host message managers, the part of the system which communicates with other hosts/systems. Worked on the original Base 24 system. Met with customers to determine the needs of the interfaces to their end points. Wrote external specifications on what the endpoints requirements were. Wrote internal specifications on how the data translation would occur between the external message which the end point understood, and the internal message which the switch processes understood. Wrote and tested the code which translated the external message into the internal message.
Pros
Good Salary
Great Culture
Associate Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2015
Cannot beat the culture at ACI. Very laid back. The company seems to take an honest effort to engage employees.

Management has major issues. People promoted to managers have NO leadership skill or experience, causing headaches for their subordinates.
Pros
no dress code, Cheap cafe, Gym on-site
Cons
Hard to advance.
Friendly working environment
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 17, 2015
Great company to work for.
A lot of opportunities to promote.
Great management and team members always try to help new employees.
Rushes management teams in and out without regard for employee satisfaction or client satisfaction.
Executive Vice President (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 9, 2015
High turnover business with significant levels of client turnover and attrition. Weak executive team with little regard for employee satisfaction or balance in the work place. Schemes of intimidation and fear are regularly applied to achieve short term results.

Poor performing relative to peers due to short term view regarding both investments in people and products.
Pros
Reasonable benefits and stock participation.
Cons
Short term views and approach with intimidation being key management method.
Fun work place
Consumer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 19, 2015
This is a very good place to work, it is also very fun environment and very professional. This is also a very layed back enviorment and they don't really ask for much accept for you to show up ther enad doy ou job
A day at ACI as a Quality Engineer
Sr QE Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 10, 2015
A typical day included writing test cases and executing them. I used to help with automating the regression test cases. The team that I used to work with was extremely talented and highly motivated. Management's vision changed over the years and with mergers and acquisitions, the corporate culture changed. The hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part was working with a great team and learning cutting edge technology.